Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BCT-3122-D800-10240

Rocky Mountaineer Railtours.

34 posts in this topic

Had a chance to shoot the Whistler Sea to Sky climb train while it came into the north van station yesterday as well as some shots of the Banff/Jasper train at the Vancouver station:

9071502084_bc2740de99.jpg

DSC_3758 by Translink fan, on Flickr

9071488676_1ec2a57508.jpg

DSC_3761 by Translink fan, on Flickr

9069243281_3fe3ae8bfc.jpg

DSC_3765 by Translink fan, on Flickr

9069232895_b5c10852db.jpg

DSC_3767 by Translink fan, on Flickr

And a last shot of the heritage observation car!

9069228677_2afae77082.jpg

DSC_3768 by Translink fan, on Flickr

Just click the image to go to the set!

enjoy!

Heard Rocky Mountaineer Railtours plans to run twice a week to Seattle from Vancouver this coming summer.

Yeah that train won't start running till July i think last i talked to the station manager. The train is instead using the Pacific central platform as the US border preclearance stuff is there.

So I was getting ready to pull a Greyhound run out of Pemberton at 19:30 last night. Just before departure time a track safety patrol vehicle went down the track. I heard a whistle just after. I couldn't believe that a train would be THAT close to a safety patrol. However this one was indeed just minutes behind the patrol. Hope you enjoy RMR 8015 as she approaches the Pemberton Station last night. I tried to catch a video of this train at the crosssing on Highway 99 at mile 85.12 of the Squamish Sub but my battery died just before the train arrived at the crosssing.

DSCF1084.JPG

post-513-0-58078900-1378458212_thumb.jpg

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎11 at 0:08 AM, Blue Bus Fan said:

Western Rocky Mountaineer Express is undergoing pilot project with pre-clear at US Board, which is permitted with a bill to make crossings the Canadian and US border quicker and easier:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/border-clearance-us-passes-1.3891092

Doesn't the southbound Rocky Mountaineer to Seattle already pre-clear US Immigration in Vancouver the same as Amtrak's Cascades? Or is Immigration for Rocky done in Blaine WA?

The only thing I note that's changing for the Cascades ......is the US Customs will now also be done in Vancouver instead of Blaine WA so I imagine this is the same for the Rocky Mountaineer..

For the Rocky Mountaineer to be 'pre-cleared' to enter Canada.....Canada would have to establish a CBSA facility in Seattle. Wouldn't it just clear CBSA in Vancouver the same as Amtrak's Cascades?

There is no need for pre-clearance on the Rocky Mountaineer between Vancouver and Banff-Jasper or Quesnel as these are puerly domestic trains.

I hope Rocky Mountaineer is paying for the costs of preclearance.

Otherwise it's just a subsidy for an expensive land cruise.

14 hours ago, IRT_BMT_IND said:

I hope Rocky Mountaineer is paying for the costs of preclearance.

Otherwise it's just a subsidy for an expensive land cruise.

Mostly an added cost to the tickets just like airfare.