I saw a 2012 artic on the 59 Ottawa last night in Aylmer.  It had the accessible symbol on the destination sign.  I don't recall the 59 being a designated accessible route...

On 1/4/2020 at 10:53 AM, sdgta2008 said:

I saw a 2012 artic on the 59 Ottawa last night in Aylmer.  It had the accessible symbol on the destination sign.  I don't recall the 59 being a designated accessible route...

The 59 isn’t accessible (to my knowledge)

The STO reprogrammed all of it’s destination signs last August and has 2 codes for every single destination, one that doesn’t have the wheelchair one with it. The idea behind it is that the pictogram is used to indicate the bus being accessible and not the line.

Problem is that the NSAS doesn’t know the difference between an accessible bus and a non-accessible bus and so it always puts the non-wheelchair destination on the bus unless it’s operating a designated accessible line.

When their consoles would quit working for whatever reason, some 12XX and 13XX buses had their destination signs consoles replaced with older consoles like on 02XX  to 04XX buses that don’t interface with the NSAS and thus the driver has to manually enter codes (those consoles usually say “Pocatec” or “Balios” instead of “Axion”)

In your case, the bus probably had an old console and the driver actually punched the right code in...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dudebrains said:

The 59 isn’t accessible (to my knowledge)

The STO reprogrammed all of it’s destination signs last August and has 2 codes for every single destination, one that doesn’t have the wheelchair one with it. The idea behind it is that the pictogram is used to indicate the bus being accessible and not the line.

Problem is that the NSAS doesn’t know the difference between an accessible bus and a non-accessible bus and so it always puts the non-wheelchair destination on the bus unless it’s operating a designated accessible line.

When their consoles would quit working for whatever reason, some 12XX and 13XX buses had their destination signs consoles replaced with older consoles like on 02XX  to 04XX buses that don’t interface with the NSAS and thus the driver has to manually enter codes (those consoles usually say “Pocatec” or “Balios” instead of “Axion”)

In your case, the bus probably had an old console and the driver actually punched the right code in...

Makes sense.  Thanks! :)

As of January 2, 2020:

0327, 0401, 0403, 0917, 1006, 1011, 1014 & 1025 were all spotted in the new livery.

OC Transpo/STO Fan already updated the wiki.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Be warned, if these units turn out to not be STO units, disciplinary action will be taken for posting false information.

Two things:

1: I did not give permission to anyone to post MY photos on this forum. If I wanted to I would have done it myself. 

2: There were papers on the small window next to the front doors that said "ATUQ-STO" on both buses and there was an STO sticker on the small door of both buses as well as a "Crime Stoppers" sticker on the rear of both buses. So, in my book, they are STO units. 

P.S.: The member of my Transit in Quebec group that posted my photos without my permission will be warned and be dealt with accordingly as I see fit. Thank you very much.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry that you had to deal with this @gmnewlook - clearly some people just don't get it. They will end up learning one way or another!

• Like 4

0914 died this afternoon in the École secondaire de l'Île loading zone, as it was starting a trip on the 434 de l'Île...

Saw 1730 on route 55 at 16:55 this afternoon at Aylmer Rd and Wilfred-Lavigne.  I suppose it may have been extra run after doing the Bus-o-neige shuttle.

I got a quick glimpse of a 2020 LFS running Route 800 westbound on Taché this morning.  It's the first I've seen the accessible symbol on the Route 800 destination sign.

I spotted 2019 in Aylmer this afternoon running on route 55 Ottawa via Portage, and 2020 En Transit on boul. des Allumettières near boul. des Grives.  These new LFS buses have the rear route marker mounted on the upper right corner of the bus instead of in the rear window.

5 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Are they actually 2020 or does the build plate say 2019.

I don’t know I didn’t look at that

Just spotted 2008 on the 34 to Ottawa