ilbuses_6333

STO bus spottings

Just now, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

Why would they scrap a bus just because it's windshield was cracked? They should have just stored it until they could pay for it and then put it back in service.

It is most likely stored. They wouldnt scrap it. They are probably waiting for funds to convert it to diesel like they did to 0701.

23 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Because of a cracked windshield? Impossible. The windshield is one of the few cheapest things to replace. 

I didn't say because of the broken windshield. That's just the last I remember seeing it somewhere. I just thought the STO probably wasn't going to go thorough the expense again like they did with 0701 to convert it to diesel. BTW how long did it take for 0701 to be put back into service?

Nevermind it says it was parked in 2012 and returned in 2014, so 0702 might come back year.

On 2017-09-18 at 7:40 PM, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

Me too. I saw no difference in the latter two liveries. There's only two articulated LFS liveries, Rapibus, and the new livery that they put on most 05xx to 09xx second gen LFSes as well.

On 2017-09-18 at 7:21 PM, Transit geek said:

Are you sure the liveries of these two buses are different? They look the same to me, save for the "HYBRIDE" designation on the second.

It’s more the fact that ones a darker shade of Green (Teal) then the other. Even though they are identical in style.

On 9/19/2017 at 10:05 PM, Oc4526 said:

It’s more the fact that ones a darker shade of Green (Teal) then the other. Even though they are identical in style.

And I think the large hexagons at the rear of the bus are slightly different between the artic and 40 foot model.

12 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

I suppose the lighting in which the photos were taken is what makes them appear to be identical (the HYBRIDE bus is more well lit than the other one).

Just now, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

Is this some kind of retrofit that they are doing, similar to when they switched the rectangular Classic taillights to the round ones?

No I don't think so, STM has one of the 2007 LFSes with the old smaller taillights.

22 minutes ago, ONQCBusFan said:

Nice work of art!

Must have been a filter applied on your camera. Nice to see that STO is keeping examples of its retired vehicles in service.

I spotted #1216 today. It had the wrap ad removed and replaced with the current STO livery.

Also spotted #7901 on Portage Bridge near Place D'Acceuil.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Hey everyone can all of you let me know if you spotted any classics? Also thanks OC4526, I'll note that in my documents on remaining STO classics! :)

I created a STO Classic thread that has the list of remaining Classics. You can go look there if you want to. 

So far, there's 23 different Classics that have been spotted.

This includes the remaining Classics, as well as every single one that has been spotted.

• Thanks 1

Spotted #1201 yesterday, it had the Gatineau 2017 warp ad removed but it got repainted back to RapiBus livery (without the RapiBus logo and the people on the bus) unlike 1216.

Also has anyone seen #1709 recently? I don't recall seeing it since last summer.