ilbuses_6333

STO bus spottings

1,640 posts in this topic

Due to likely overcrowding, there will be an additionnal AM trip towards Ottawa on the 25 and 80, an additionnal AM trip to the Hull Cegep on the 49 from Rivermead and an additionnal PM run from Ottawa on the 83. Also, i haven't mention those, but there was also an additionnal AM trip on the 26 and on the 38 but not from their usual terminus.

Due to likely overcrowding, there will be an additionnal AM trip towards Ottawa on the 25 and 80, an additionnal AM trip to the Hull Cegep on the 49 from Rivermead and an additionnal PM run from Ottawa on the 83. Also, i haven't mention those, but there was also an additionnal AM trip on the 26 and on the 38 but not from their usual terminus.

Is this supposed to take effect soon or is that with the current schedules?

IMO, they should add an extra run on the 96 in the morning, the hourly service during peak hours doesn't work out. Because it serves the Felix-Leclerc CEGEP in Gatineau, it always gets crowded to the point where we can no longer pick up any people. Maybe if they'd use a damn Classic on that run, it wouldn't be so much of a problem.

BTW, I know what you mean with the several different destination signs. Some 96s display 'Buckingham' while others display 'Arena de Masson'. Some drivers have it set to 'Buckingham', and then set it to 'Arena de Masson' once they arrive in Buckingham. I can understand why they'd do this with the 33/39, as no one in their right mind would take either to go to Ottawa from the Promenades. (Ok, I did once, but that was because I had to meet a guy on Rideau, and there was no way in hell I was waiting there for 40 minutes).

Edit: When I get a job, the first thing I'm buying is a new camera. At least this time, you can make out an LFS, I guess.

Saw 0004, rear destination sign was blinking :S (I swear I saw that covered a few weeks ago)

Also saw 9602, Rear destination sign doesn't work.

It is effect starting today and also not sure if it is a mistake, they say an extra trip on Maloney starting at 6:50 AM towards Ottawa (should probably say les Promenades), starting at Maloney & De l'Aeroport but there is already a 96 passing at that corner at 6:50 AM, maybe it is a back-up bus or an 84 by mistake, but if it's the 74 or 96, it's certainly not going to Ottawa, unless it transfer immediately to the 67 at les Promenades considering there are plenty of trips starting there during rush hour

Yeah, I just noticed taht they added a trip on the 74. Hopefully that'll lighten the load on the 96. (Seriously, it's farking horrible)

It's obvious that when the Rapibus will be completed, it may have increased frequencies.

Checking up the schedule for the 67 on the site and it seems that all 67 trip now start/end at les Promenades, even those few exceptions that started at the intersection just a few blocks to the west on Greber Blvd. Obviously, there was some confusionn among the riders, most likely since their was no signs displaying Greber/La Savane, although wouldn't have made a difference for southbound riders though sicne it would have gone at the same place as the trips starting at les Promenades.

Thus now those six trips now starts at 6:36, 6:58, 7:16, 7:31, 7:48 and 8:06 at les Promenades.

Sightings of the day:

9410 - Destination sign was stuck on 'Desole'

0304 - Towed Outta Rivermead.

I remember a month or so ago, I asked why I never saw 9601, apparently it was waiting for a new engine.

Rode 'er today on the 98.

Oh, and 8802's sign was all garbled today.

I hate STO's NOVA LFS. Since today was my first time riding STO I am not happy with their service. I only liked riding 0005 though. But anyways see the pictures below to see what I mean about STO.

sto_day_trip_066.JPG sto_day_trip_069.JPG sto_day_trip_071.JPG

sto_day_trip_066.JPG

sto_day_trip_069.JPG

sto_day_trip_071.JPG

sto_day_trip_066.JPG

sto_day_trip_069.JPG

sto_day_trip_071.JPG

post-2112-1191629257_thumb.jpg

post-2112-1191629333_thumb.jpg

post-2112-1191629430_thumb.jpg

I hate STO's NOVA LFS. Since today was my first time riding STO I am not happy with their service. I only liked riding 0005 though. But anyways see the pictures below to see what I mean about STO.

sto_day_trip_066.JPG sto_day_trip_069.JPG sto_day_trip_071.JPG

Haha, too bad that isn't a OC Transpo Nova broken down.

Hey, same place (Place D'Acceuil) where 0012 broke down on me last week ;)

But, we had another bus in less than five minutes. It was a Classic (9208) that had more rust than paint, and made tons of noise, but we got a bus.

Things will break once in a while. I've been riding STO for a year, and only once has a bus broken down on me.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a RIDER's Guide? Seems like I need one since STO doesn't show times on their bus stops, but only at Terminals.

Yesterday Spottings:

0005 (Love the A/C on this bus)

0707 (don't like the seating arrangements)

What's different about 0707's seating arrangements compared to the other LFSs? I rode it shortly after it went on the road and noticed nothing different about it.

Some stops have timetables, too, but only the major ones.

Oh, and you can get a guide at the service outlets at Galeries D'Aylmer, Les Promenades, and Librarie Reflexion at Galeries de Hull, as well as the STO Garage on Jean-Proulx

You can take routes 5, 20, 21, and 27 to the Garage. 21 is the only regular route, while 5 and 27 are peak routes and 20 is a counter peak route (Goes to Hull in the morning, Ottawa in the evening).

You can take routes 67 and 77 to Les Promenades (Don't take 33 or 39, they'll take over an hour).

You can take the 59 and transfer to 51, 52, or 53 at Galeries D'Aylmer, or take one of the peak hour routes from Ottawa (44, 45, 46, 47)

You can take routes 1, 20, 21, 31, 33, 36, 37, and 38 to Galeries de Hull. (1 is peak direction, 20 is counter-peak direction)

I don't know where's the thread as Mystic did asked about the transmission from the mechanics. The 07 LFS have a Voith and not ZF!

Here's the video:

What's different about 0707's seating arrangements compared to the other LFSs? I rode it shortly after it went on the road and noticed nothing different about it.Some stops have timetables, too, but only the major ones.Oh, and you can get a guide at the service outlets at Galeries D'Aylmer, Les Promenades, and Librarie Reflexion at Galeries de Hull, as well as the STO Garage on Jean-Proulx You can take routes 5, 20, 21, and 27 to the Garage. 21 is the only regular route, while 5 and 27 are peak routes and 20 is a counter peak route (Goes to Hull in the morning, Ottawa in the evening).You can take routes 67 and 77 to Les Promenades (Don't take 33 or 39, they'll take over an hour).You can take the 59 and transfer to 51, 52, or 53 at Galeries D'Aylmer, or take one of the peak hour routes from Ottawa (44, 45, 46, 47)You can take routes 1, 20, 21, 31, 33, 36, 37, and 38 to Galeries de Hull. (1 is peak direction, 20 is counter-peak direction)

The reasons I said I didn't like 0707's seating arrangements is because it was my first STO Nova I rode. Im used to OC's Nova but not STO's. Im still kinda new with STO's buses. :)

Infoplus sign at Place D'Acceuil was being sort of retarded today. Was only displaying info for routes 31, 57, 67, and 77.

Anyway, I got shots of the 68 signs. It's weird when you get the pic in the middle of the sign change <_< (Full sign is 268 Gabrielle-Roy via Mont-Bleu)

268_WTF.jpg

268_WTF1.jpg

268_WTF.jpg

268_WTF1.jpg

268_WTF.jpg

268_WTF1.jpg

post-2198-1192046818_thumb.jpg

post-2198-1192046830_thumb.jpg

Oh, and 0501 and 0507(?) and presumably any of the other buses with that ad have had their side wraps removed.

BTW, I remembered that the STO signs were also displaying 'Evée(???) du <something> fluide', wtf does that mean?

STO supervisors seem to now be cruising around in Volkswagen Golfs.

I don't know how old the Caravans are (Obviously not that old). My guess is, is that because Chrysler redesigned the Caravan, they decided to go for something different. If I see the Golfs around, I'll try and snap a pic.

Was a relatively good day for me today.

0714 on 96

8906 on 67

8202 on 59

0606 on 49

7901 on Saint Redempteur on a unknown route,7747 on the 88 Express, 0008 on a gatineau express route

Was a relatively good day for me today.

0714 on 96

8906 on 67

8202 on 59

0606 on 49

Don't you just love the new garage while in construction? :D

new_garage.JPG

Is that a 'new' garage or an expansion of the old one?