Durham Region Transit

DRT

does anyone have the list of the interlines in Oshawa?

402 King <---> 409 Thornton

403 Park <---> 410 Olive Harmony

404 College Hill <---> 405 Central Park

406 Dean <---> 407 Ritson

408 Stevenson ---> 412 Adelaide ---> 411 Grandview ---> 408 Stevenson

419/419B GO Station via Thornton/Stevenson <---> 420 Durham College/UOIT

402 King <---> 409 Thornton

403 Park <---> 410 Olive Harmony

404 College Hill <---> 405 Central Park

406 Dean <---> 407 Ritson

408 Stevenson ---> 412 Adelaide ---> 411 Grandview ---> 408 Stevenson

419/419B GO Station via Thornton/Stevenson <---> 420 Durham College/UOIT

If the 404 were to be axed (and I should say that it used to be my favourite route out of Osh GO to the Osh Centre as teh quick up and go) :P, would the 405 still remain and would still use 2 buses?

I had the feeling that those interlines were the case as most, if not all are indicated within the schedule.

Additionally, I'd thought that the 408 and 409 would interline on the basis of their proximately to each other, where they could interline at the top and bottom of their routings. Or, is this a misjudgement when looking at the map?

If the 404 were to be axed (and I should say that it used to be my favourite route out of Osh GO to the Osh Centre as teh quick up and go) :P, would the 405 still remain and would still use 2 buses?

I had the feeling that those interlines were the case as most, if not all are indicated within the schedule.

Additionally, I'd thought that the 408 and 409 would interline on the basis of their proximately to each other, where they could interline at the top and bottom of their routings. Or, is this a misjudgement when looking at the map?

There was talk that the 408 and 409 would interline, but I don't know if thats still on the table or not.

I've just read a brief article about the future of the VIA rail station in Oshawa - it's going to be larger and more scalable than the existing one today. A new platform will be added plus a new mainline track will be built. does this have to do with the future of the Oshawa GO station?:

http://www.newsdurhamregion.com/news/article/139622

news release by VIA rail:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive...9/09/c7017.html

The Wiki shows D40LF buses 8401 to 8430 as 2007 builds; however, the newest Street Side Guide shows them as 2006 build and 2006 delivery.

Which source is correct?

They arrived starting around March 2007, although they were ordered in 2006, so the Street Side Guide is definitely wrong here. When they were built is a more interesting question.

I've just read a brief article about the future of the VIA rail station in Oshawa - it's going to be larger and more scalable than the existing one today. A new platform will be added plus a new mainline track will be built. does this have to do with the future of the Oshawa GO station?:

Probably, because GO won't be sharing a station with VIA when the new Oshawa stations open. That will free up plenty of space for VIA to reconfigure their operations, and I would guess, sell off some of the land.

Durham has an absolutely horrid EDMS. As far as I can tell, the links only work if you go through the full session of searching for the document yourself. So let's do that.

Go to:

https://zyimage.durham.ca/Exe/ZyNET.exe?Use...ction=ZyActionr

In the search box, enter "transit and ajax and restructure" as your query. You should see this document in the short list of search results matching that term - it's the third result when I see it.

Click on the link to see an onscreen view of it as image files. Then click on the Adobe Reader icon on the right side near the top to download it as a PDF.

As I said, horrid - but it does get you there.

If that doesn't work for you, PM me with an email address and I'll email a copy to you.

The same document is now available as part of the agenda for last week's meeting. Just click below and then scroll past the first few pages:

http://durham.ca/departments/clerk/minutesPDF.asp?id=11801

Today, I was at Durham College Oshawa Campus today and there were a lot of students waiting to get home early today due to an apparent water main breach at the campus. This is from the MyCampus email:

Urgent message: Campus closure for the afternoon of November 11

Due to an incident with construction on campus, the main water line has been damaged and there is no water available in any of the buildings at the Oshawa campus, with the exception of the Simcoe building, Simcoe Village residence and Campus Corners. This includes all other residences and all food services.

In the interests of health and safety, the University of Ontario Institute of Technology and Durham College have made the joint decision to close all affected areas of the campus for all activities until at least 5 p.m. today. A further announcement and update will be issued later this afternoon with respect to evening classes and activities here on campus.

Wherever possible, all faculty, staff and students are encouraged to leave campus until the water has been restored.

Thank you for your understanding and patience during this situation.

As a result, the campus notified Durham Region Transit about the situation and therefore relayed the information to all drivers who normally serve DC/UOIT. However, GO was not informed about the situation, until my fellow colleague called GO Transit Customer service. He told them about the situation and demanded to talk to their supervisor so he can discuss on what had happened.

Meanwhile, many students were waiting for their ride home and the 915, 916, 401, 420 and some 950 buses were packed. Later on (some 15 or 20 minutes later after the call to GO was received), a supervisor for GO transit was called in to "assess" the situation. They coordinated with DRT about the situation and the issues surrounding the busy volume of passengers were mitigated from there.

Do you think it is standard procedure for DRT to work with fellow transit authorities about certain types of situation that took place like the one today?

Today, I was at Durham College Oshawa Campus today and there were a lot of students waiting to get home early today due to an apparent water main breach at the campus. This is from the MyCampus email:

Urgent message: Campus closure for the afternoon of November 11

Due to an incident with construction on campus, the main water line has been damaged and there is no water available in any of the buildings at the Oshawa campus, with the exception of the Simcoe building, Simcoe Village residence and Campus Corners. This includes all other residences and all food services.

In the interests of health and safety, the University of Ontario Institute of Technology and Durham College have made the joint decision to close all affected areas of the campus for all activities until at least 5 p.m. today. A further announcement and update will be issued later this afternoon with respect to evening classes and activities here on campus.

Wherever possible, all faculty, staff and students are encouraged to leave campus until the water has been restored.

Thank you for your understanding and patience during this situation.

As a result, the campus notified Durham Region Transit about the situation and therefore relayed the information to all drivers who normally serve DC/UOIT. However, GO was not informed about the situation, until my fellow colleague called GO Transit Customer service. He told them about the situation and demanded to talk to their supervisor so he can discuss on what had happened.

Meanwhile, many students were waiting for their ride home and the 915, 916, 401, 420 and some 950 buses were packed. Later on (some 15 or 20 minutes later after the call to GO was received), a supervisor for GO transit was called in to "assess" the situation. They coordinated with DRT about the situation and the issues surrounding the busy volume of passengers were mitigated from there.

Do you think it is standard procedure for DRT to work with fellow transit authorities about certain types of situation that took place like the one today?

In my opinion yes, in order to work around the situation they should work with other systems so the connections arent affected as much. Whether it IS standard procedure or not is beyond me. If its not then it should be.

Looks to me like the 2010 service plan will go to committee on December 2, since there is a new meeting scheduled then with a full "Commission" meeting several weeks later. The Commission (basically all of regional Council) does not meet except for budgetary matters.

If so, the report will probably become available online around Nov 27, assuming preparation doesn't run late. Of course, I'll post here when it's available.

when I was on the Flag bus to Pickering and back today, 8976's automated announcement system is "fully operational". That's the only bus fitted with these announcements. It will be only a matter of "time" and "money" until all DRT buses are equipped with this system.

That is excellent news.

If and when DRT starts sending buses out to Rouge Hill, they will have to expand the bus loop right? Even now it is quite jammed. Is there anything on the table regarding this issue?

They could likely load the TTC eastbound and westbound 54A/E buses on the street and that would free up a bus bay.