Jump to content

Durham Region Transit


DRT
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 5/21/2022 at 9:09 AM, 110B West Pickering said:

Glad to see you found the photo I shared.

there’s many upcoming service changes with routes being established,

EFFECTIVE JUNE 2022

224c

- Every 30 minutes on weekday evenings, and weekends

917z

- Every 30 minutes on weekends

901/N2

- Extended to Windfields Farm Drive and Thuroughbred Avenue via North Campus,

- Reinstating 10 minute daytime frequency

EFFECTIVE September 2022

211 West Ajax

- New Base route operating between Ajax GO and Pickering Parkway Terminal via Westney, Ravenscroft, Williamson, Westney, Rossland, Church, Kingston, Notion, and Pickering Parkway

216 Harwood North

- Introduction of 15 minute service on weekdays

- Alternating trips between 216 to Salem And Taunton, and 216c to Williamson and Audley

222 Audley South

- AM/PM peak route via Westney, Bayly, Audley, Ashbury, Range Line and Pickering Beach back to bayly to the GO Station

409 Garrard Stevenson

- Reinstating former route 409B on weekdays only

411 South Courtice

- Extension in AM/PM Peak to Oshawa GO

- Route adjustments in South Courtice to better match demand, simplify operating patterns, and better serve secondary schools

900 PULSE Highway 2

- Reinstating 20 minute frequencies to Scarborough

920

- Introduction of 15 minute frequencies during the daytime, alternating trips between Pickering Parkway Terminal and McCowan RT Station

Additionally,

the Tender documents are out for the 8 electric buses

https://durham.bidsandtenders.ca/Module/Tenders/en/Tender/Detail/b259aa42-ecc1-46d5-955e-5a21b82f8d22

I really wished that DRT should expand their On-demand service - to areas that used to be served by a regular route (before the pandemic)..

 

Speaking of On Demand - a little piece of advice that I wanted to pass along: when requesting a DRT On Demand ride, please be cognizant (aware) on which vehicle that arrives for your ride request. 

There may be times in which a DRT-branded Promaster vehicle may be requested - but sometimes either a taxi or even an ordinary vehicle (driven on behalf of DRT) may be used.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2022 at 3:16 PM, Chris W said:

But you know what I'm not seeing? WHITBY. Otherwise known as the town DRT forgot. When are the local buses coming back to Whitby?

302 ( 302B to North Camps), correct if I'm wrong, but does that branch  replace the very short lived 310, or will it return?

 

The only "Whitby" route I think is the 905 A/B, essentially the 305, but as a regional route. I guess that's all Whitby needs, or does there need to be one or two more 300-based routes ?

 

Speaking of the 905, dies the 905A duplicate service to Harmoney Terminal with the 920?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

302 ( 302B to North Camps), correct if I'm wrong, but does that branch  replace the very short lived 310, or will it return?

 

The only "Whitby" route I think is the 905 A/B, essentially the 305, but as a regional route. I guess that's all Whitby needs, or does there need to be one or two more 300-based routes ?

 

Speaking of the 905, dies the 905A duplicate service to Harmoney Terminal with the 920?

310 existed long before the 302B became a idea

The 920 and 905A serve a bit different portions of Windsfield Farm. The 920 routing uses Harmony and Conlin to get to Simcoe Street (and then subsequently to McCowan Station). The 905A uses Grandview, Conlin and Britannia (to replace the 420).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As of today, Voyago has begun supplemental operations of OnDemand and Specialized Services.

Vehicles have DRT livery, and Logos as well as fleet numbers in the 3xxx numbering scheme.

operators are uniformed, and vehicles have security cameras. 


Much nicer experience for the passenger with the cabs gone now.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

As of today, Voyago has begun supplemental operations of OnDemand and Specialized Services.

Vehicles have DRT livery, and Logos as well as fleet numbers in the 3xxx numbering scheme.

operators are uniformed, and vehicles have security cameras. 


Much nicer experience for the passenger with the cabs gone now.

Hope that the supplemental service provided by Voyago  - will be much safer in terms of the passenger experience. There's one time that I did a test run on trying out the DRT OnDemand service - but there's one time in which I had travelled on a "ordinary vehicle" that is operating on behalf of DRT. That instance had happened to me a few months ago in the wintertime (I was travelling from Church & Hwy. 2 (to check out a place) to the Ajax GO station).

I was hoping that the DRT OnDemand service should be expanded to all sections of the region - some in which there was a fixed route service in the past. That's my food for thought, however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

As of today, Voyago has begun supplemental operations of OnDemand and Specialized Services.

Vehicles have DRT livery, and Logos as well as fleet numbers in the 3xxx numbering scheme.

operators are uniformed, and vehicles have security cameras. 


Much nicer experience for the passenger with the cabs gone now.

I see...anyways @110B West Pickering, can you list 7118-7122 as active

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Gamer Studios said:

7109 on 101
8522 on 915

8522 on 915 @7749

We can see this on Transsee everyday. Other than that please post the sightings on the sightings topic.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Oshawa Centre terminal: can someone explain this (see attached photo) because I’m taking DRT again now and I just wanna know if these two signs are correct. Transit App and Apple Maps say that the 411 stops here but it doesn’t appear on any signs.

Furthermore, 407 and 406 appear on signs and I thought the latter was gone…?

BC8C6A04-14E7-4879-BDD8-07C91747FEEA.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BrandonC said:

 Oshawa Centre terminal: can someone explain this (see attached photo) because I’m taking DRT again now and I just wanna know if these two signs are correct. Transit App and Apple Maps say that the 411 stops here but it doesn’t appear on any signs.

Furthermore, 407 and 406 appear on signs and I thought the latter was gone…?

BC8C6A04-14E7-4879-BDD8-07C91747FEEA.jpeg

Alot of signs haven't been updated as of yet but yes the 411 does go to the OC...interlines with the 902B 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gamer Studios said:

Alot of signs haven't been updated as of yet but yes the 411 does go to the OC...interlines with the 902B 

Do you know which platform it uses? I’m going to update it on openstreetmap. Does it have like two directions that both stop at the OC, the way the 902 Eb/Wb does (and uses different platforms for which).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2022 at 10:55 PM, BrandonC said:

Do you know which platform it uses? I’m going to update it on openstreetmap. Does it have like two directions that both stop at the OC, the way the 902 Eb/Wb does (and uses different platforms for which).

It practically stops where there's space...alot has to do with where the other buses stop...so there isn't a "fixed space"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...