Durham Region Transit

DRT

On 5/21/2022 at 3:16 PM, Chris W said:

But you know what I'm not seeing? WHITBY. Otherwise known as the town DRT forgot. When are the local buses coming back to Whitby?

302 ( 302B to North Camps), correct if I'm wrong, but does that branch  replace the very short lived 310, or will it return?

The only "Whitby" route I think is the 905 A/B, essentially the 305, but as a regional route. I guess that's all Whitby needs, or does there need to be one or two more 300-based routes ?

Speaking of the 905, dies the 905A duplicate service to Harmoney Terminal with the 920?

9 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

302 ( 302B to North Camps), correct if I'm wrong, but does that branch  replace the very short lived 310, or will it return?

The only "Whitby" route I think is the 905 A/B, essentially the 305, but as a regional route. I guess that's all Whitby needs, or does there need to be one or two more 300-based routes ?

Speaking of the 905, dies the 905A duplicate service to Harmoney Terminal with the 920?

310 existed long before the 302B became a idea

The 920 and 905A serve a bit different portions of Windsfield Farm. The 920 routing uses Harmony and Conlin to get to Simcoe Street (and then subsequently to McCowan Station). The 905A uses Grandview, Conlin and Britannia (to replace the 420).

As of today, Voyago has begun supplemental operations of OnDemand and Specialized Services.

Vehicles have DRT livery, and Logos as well as fleet numbers in the 3xxx numbering scheme.

operators are uniformed, and vehicles have security cameras. 

Much nicer experience for the passenger with the cabs gone now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

As of today, Voyago has begun supplemental operations of OnDemand and Specialized Services.

Vehicles have DRT livery, and Logos as well as fleet numbers in the 3xxx numbering scheme.

Hope that the supplemental service provided by Voyago  - will be much safer in terms of the passenger experience. There's one time that I did a test run on trying out the DRT OnDemand service - but there's one time in which I had travelled on a "ordinary vehicle" that is operating on behalf of DRT. That instance had happened to me a few months ago in the wintertime (I was travelling from Church & Hwy. 2 (to check out a place) to the Ajax GO station).

I was hoping that the DRT OnDemand service should be expanded to all sections of the region - some in which there was a fixed route service in the past. That's my food for thought, however.

5 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

I see...anyways @110B West Pickering, can you list 7118-7122 as active

Oshawa Centre terminal: can someone explain this (see attached photo) because I’m taking DRT again now and I just wanna know if these two signs are correct. Transit App and Apple Maps say that the 411 stops here but it doesn’t appear on any signs.

Furthermore, 407 and 406 appear on signs and I thought the latter was gone…?

BC8C6A04-14E7-4879-BDD8-07C91747FEEA.jpeg

6 hours ago, BrandonC said:

Oshawa Centre terminal: can someone explain this (see attached photo) because I’m taking DRT again now and I just wanna know if these two signs are correct. Transit App and Apple Maps say that the 411 stops here but it doesn’t appear on any signs.

Furthermore, 407 and 406 appear on signs and I thought the latter was gone…?

BC8C6A04-14E7-4879-BDD8-07C91747FEEA.jpeg

Alot of signs haven't been updated as of yet but yes the 411 does go to the OC...interlines with the 902B 

5 hours ago, Gamer Studios said:

Alot of signs haven't been updated as of yet but yes the 411 does go to the OC...interlines with the 902B 

Do you know which platform it uses? I’m going to update it on openstreetmap. Does it have like two directions that both stop at the OC, the way the 902 Eb/Wb does (and uses different platforms for which).

On 6/8/2022 at 10:55 PM, BrandonC said:

Do you know which platform it uses? I’m going to update it on openstreetmap. Does it have like two directions that both stop at the OC, the way the 902 Eb/Wb does (and uses different platforms for which).

It practically stops where there's space...alot has to do with where the other buses stop...so there isn't a "fixed space"

Effective June 20th, DRT PULSE 900 will have stops removed to make it a more limited stop route. This is in advance of the transition to centre median running, and to “Speed up service”

Route 900 will no longer stop at the following stops along the entire route,

East to West

- Bond @ Arena / King @ Midtown

- King @ Waverly

- Dundas @ Kathleen

- Dundas @ Glen Hill / Bowman

- Dundas @ Craydon

- Dundas @ Wellington

- Dundas @ McQuay / Jeffery

- Kingston @ Audley

- Kingston @ 84 / 169 Kingston

- Kingston @ 113 / 132 Kingstonf

- Kingston @ Mill

- Kingston @ Elizabeth

- Kingston @ Bracebridge

- Kingston @ Walnut

- Kingston @ 804 / 817 Kingston

- Kingston @ Delta

- Kingston @ Steeple Hill, and 

- Kingston @ Rougemount.

This new limited stop service also applies to the N1.

Local service on the portions of the route with stops removed are covered by the 291, 392, 902A and the 920. Saying that, with the 392 and 920 don’t run on weekends, leaving those local stops without service on weekends with the exception of Walnut Lane and Rougemount drive, which are serviced by the 92.

interestingly the service changes to the 900 schedule indicate on weekdays, that trips will almost always take longer than they did before.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

Effective June 20th, DRT PULSE 900 will have stops removed to make it a more limited stop route. This is in advance of the transition to centre median running, and to “Speed up service”

Route 900 will no longer stop at the following stops along the entire route,

East to West

- Bond @ Arena / King @ Midtown

- King @ Waverly

- Dundas @ Kathleen

- Dundas @ Glen Hill / Bowman

- Dundas @ Craydon

- Dundas @ Wellington

- Dundas @ McQuay / Jeffery

- Kingston @ Audley

- Kingston @ 84 / 169 Kingston

- Kingston @ 113 / 132 Kingstonf

- Kingston @ Mill

- Kingston @ Elizabeth

- Kingston @ Bracebridge

- Kingston @ Walnut

- Kingston @ 804 / 817 Kingston

- Kingston @ Delta

- Kingston @ Steeple Hill, and 

- Kingston @ Rougemount.

This new limited stop service also applies to the N1.

Local service on the portions of the route with stops removed are covered by the 291, 392, 902A and the 920. Saying that, with the 392 and 920 don’t run on weekends, leaving those local stops without service on weekends with the exception of Walnut Lane and Rougemount drive, which are serviced by the 92.

interestingly the service changes to the 900 schedule indicate on weekdays, that trips will almost always take longer than they did before.

920 actually ran on weekends as the 920C a long time ago