DRT

Durham Region Transit

On 10/1/2020 at 4:55 PM, senzation#3 said:

As expected, there were a lot of confusion and anger among majority of the passengers, even among the bus operators as well. There also a lot of questions asking which bus route will stop at a certain street among passenger. Bus stops didn't change nor removed! Management screwed up big time

Kind of expected it from Durham Region Transit.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Gamer Studios said:

Kind of expected it from Durham Region Transit.

I'm STILL seeing buses around with promo signage on the front saying the August 24 route changes are postponed.

• Confused 1

On 10/6/2020 at 1:53 PM, DavidH said:

I'm STILL seeing buses around with promo signage on the front saying the August 24 route changes are postponed.

Yes I know...they never update stuff immediately...I've seen CNE ads last year the day after CNE ended.

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2019 at 11:16 AM, John Oke said:

Bus no. 8576 showed MID 113 instead of the next stop on the 303 this morning, does anyone know what it means?

it happens alot on DRT buses...

An internal memo on October 7th went out to staff that Artics can be used on the 901 if extra capacity is required but will only be used on a run as directed basis using a spare board report  operator from Raleigh

Also, New PRESTO Device installs began at Raleigh last week and are already on most of the Novas. Installs begin at Westney on October 27th

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 11:07 AM, 110B West Pickering said:

An internal memo on October 7th went out to staff that Artics can be used on the 901 if extra capacity is required but will only be used on a run as directed basis using a spare board report  operator from Raleigh

Also, New PRESTO Device installs began at Raleigh last week and are already on most of the Novas. Installs begin at Westney on October 27th

so they really aren't "exclusive" to the 900 Pulse - Highway 2...also I do recall someone tracking one of the LFSA's on the 902 King one day

• Like 2

On 10/7/2020 at 9:48 PM, Gamer Studios said:

it happens alot on DRT buses...

Not just those errors but those that have "J18708 Down" (or something like that).

Recently, one of the LFSAs "next stop" displays having the c-h-i-l-l-s (Translation: one of the displays that scrolls the next stop having that "freezing effect" or "stuttering"). Sadly, I couldn't remember which fleet number of the LFSAs experience that issue..

Who knows, maybe possibly eventually we could see artics doing RAD's on routes like 915, 916 etc

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, John Oke said:

Who knows, maybe possibly eventually we could see artics doing RAD's on routes like 915, 916 etc

Pardon the dumb question, but what does "RAD" mean?

And anyone know of if/when DRT would be re-introducing some routes?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

RAD is an acronym for Run As Directed. I think they're standby buses that are deployed to fill gaps in service as needed instead of short turns.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:02 PM, John Oke said:

Not all transit systems have RAD

On 10/23/2020 at 10:45 AM, Gamer Studios said:

so they really aren't "exclusive" to the 900 Pulse - Highway 2...also I do recall someone tracking one of the LFSA's on the 902 King one day

I can confirm that there has NOT been an in service 902 with an LFSA on it, there has been three occurrences in which an LFSA has been training in Bowmanville, but never in service.

On 10/26/2020 at 7:54 PM, 110B West Pickering said:

I can confirm that there has NOT been an in service 902 with an LFSA on it, there has been three occurrences in which an LFSA has been training in Bowmanville, but never in service.

ok so that pic must be a fake

On 10/23/2020 at 3:24 PM, newflyerinvero said:

Those other routes will only get reintroduced once ridership picks up again

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2020 at 11:12 AM, 110B West Pickering said:

Neither actually, 889 is Raleigh Driver Shuttle

890 is Westney Driver Shuttle

Does Whitby also have a shuttle?

24 minutes ago, Gamer Studios said:

Does Whitby also have a shuttle?

Not presently, and when they did, there was not internal route number for it, 889 and 890 are operated at DRT’s expense, the Whitby shuttle isn’t financially covered by DRT, rather PWT

While I came home from the Oshawa Centre earlier today, I stumbled upon to find a little sign at the bottom of one of the "inactive" DRT bus stops.

Do you know if this could be the precursor of relaunching the service in the future or will be part of the On-Demand service areas?

20201114_162145.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2020 at 9:20 PM, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

While I came home from the Oshawa Centre earlier today, I stumbled upon to find a little sign at the bottom of one of the "inactive" DRT bus stops.

Do you know if this could be the precursor of relaunching the service in the future or will be part of the On-Demand service areas?

20201114_162145.jpg

That depends if they reinstate service on those routes...alot of the routes have been suspended due to the pandemic such as the 417, 910, a couple of the Pickering routes.

Sorry I never provided my most recent update.

Some services will be coming back!

Im not sure what routes they are, where exactly they will go and when they will arrive.

Stops with the “Future Transit Stop” signs will be stops on routes with returning service.

Monday, January 4th is the expected date of service launch on a modified route 902B King, Operating EB to Courtice Road, When returning WB a the route will now service George Reynolds Drive to replace service previously provided on the 412.

Stops on WB George Reynolds do indeed  have the signs for future transit service.

other areas where these signs have been seen,

Bloor Street between Oshawa GO and Park Road, presumably for the 411,

Adelaide and Fleetwood area for the new route 423 from the Phase C Ridership recovery map.

DRT Does indeed have some service changes coming.

effective December 7th 2020

Route 405 Wilson will see new 405C Branch serving the Delpark Homes Community Centre every hour, seven days a week.

Effective January 3rd 2021

Routes 216 and 224 will reduce service to every 30 minutes in Peak from every 15 minutes.

902 and 915 will operate every 30 minutes from every 15 on Saturday mornings and Sunday’s.

this means that on Sunday’s the 902B will not operate.

Major changes:

403 Park will have a new 403C branch, operating from the South Oshawa Employment area in the late night to Downtown Oshawa.

901B PULSE Simcoe will now operate between Durham College and the Oshawa Centre, for service to Ritson, take route 407B and for service to Simcoe and Wentworth, take the 901

902B King will now operate to Courtice Road, then return to Trulls Road and King via George Reynolds Drive

New Route 980 will provide Late Night service from the South Oshawa Employment area to Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax and Pickering via Highway 2. 

on another note, no routes are otherwise close to returning, OnDemand zones have to reach 20 boarding/hour, currently Pickering West zone is nearing 7 per hour and south Courtice is at 4

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

DRT a has some announcement coming

”something they’ve never done before”

Genuinely no idea what it is, but I assume we will know following the TEC meeting tomorrow

If we look at their previous rationale it’s probably something about how to screw over passengers even more