DRT

Durham Region Transit

2 hours ago, Jan Boic said:

Jordan, that bus is ex-Mississauga Transit #0337. Owned by MBTC of Mississauga. They purchased a few of these 03s and this one is the only repainted unit so far that I know about, which operated in Stratford for a short while. 

I just got an update that there should be 4 leased buses. The reason for the leased buses is the region is having major issues with the Whitby contractor. At the moment, they have quite a number of buses out of service they haven’t been able to fix. As a result they have “borrowed” half dozen or more buses from Oshawa, and Oshawa has been using Pulse buses daily on local routes. 

This information is from a reliable source/friend. 

Thanks for the confirmation of the fleet number

tomorrow at some point I’m going to try and get out to find the other units if they’re in service yet.

I assume that my friend is the same one you’re referring to whom told me the same information.

This major situation has been ongoing so se December 23rd Christmas week. Today there were three PULSE units on conventional routes, and 8553 was on the 900.  Also, Raleigh has temporarily taken over full operation of weekday 910 trips, where typically they only supplement in peak periods when frequencies are every 15 minutes.  Coach Canada was bad, but PWT has run the buses into the ground as they have no proper place to maintain the vehicles.  Typically at Whitby GO, there’s 4 buses laying over in the loop as 2 spares and two on layover before next routes. Lately, none. They’re all needed to provide service at these unfortunate reduced levels. And there’s no conventional buses coming until at the earliest late this year, being the 11 conventional hybrids.

theres also 9100-9105 and 9106-9107 coming in May and December

7104-7111 are coming late this year as well. But these are the 40’ and 60’ PULSE Buses.

Can Some more buses be transferred from Raleigh or Westney divisions possibly? Because I’ve seen a few Raleigh XD40’s in Whitby

Just now, John Oke said:

Can Some more buses be transferred from Raleigh or Westney divisions possibly? Because I’ve seen a few Raleigh XD40’s in Whitby

No more vehicles can be moved without leaving the other (arguably more important) divisions short on buses themselves.

So far I’ve seen one and I know there’s more there are a few Raleigh XD40’s in Whitby for example here’s 8517 on the 303 about a week and a half ago it’s a Raleigh bus on a Whitby route

3BC823C6-5B0D-4A86-8639-F715D9F90744.jpeg

As well a completely valid reason with some 302 trips being canceled is sewer replacement on Brock between Taunton and Rossland which has lead to traffic lanes being shifted to accommodate construction 

10 minutes ago, John Oke said:

So far I’ve seen one and I know there’s more there are a few Raleigh XD40’s in Whitby for example here’s 8517 on the 303 about a week and a half ago it’s a Raleigh bus on a Whitby route

3BC823C6-5B0D-4A86-8639-F715D9F90744.jpeg

As well a completely valid reason with some 302 trips being canceled is sewer replacement on Brock between Taunton and Rossland which has lead to traffic lanes being shifted to accommodate construction 

Lots of vehicles have been moved to Whitby.

The construction you refer to has been ongoing long before this issue, and is actually not sewer replacement alone, it’s also to widen Brock to four lanes.

The cancelled trips are directly because of the fleet shortage.

• Like 1

Turns out the second lease DRT has received is a 2nd Gen Nova.  Funny thing is, as far as I know with my source being quite a good friend and fellow enthusiast. MBTC had purchased a few DRT 81xx’s. So for all we know ironically, we may be leasing an Ex-DRT Nova.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

Pro master 5100 is currently operating cover on the 960

Does that bus end up on the 950? I know the 960 became the 950 in Uxbridge on some trips.

2 hours ago, 2822 said:

Does that bus end up on the 950? I know the 960 became the 950 in Uxbridge on some trips.

It was on the last trip of the night, it came off the 603 (if I remember correctly) then went out of service after the 960