• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, these photos are courtesy of Richard Oldfield

There we go.  

All, the above post sums it up nicely. Please post civilly here. We have a community of people all interested in a common topic, and we don't need any more negative or useless posts. Consider yourselv

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, John Oke said:

I've noticed in the past few weeks that the D40LF'S have been appearing on the 915 more often. Is this due to a bus shortage. As well the 915 needs a service increase

DRT adorent plan what model of buses appear on each (conventional) route, other than routes that appear in the north.

this is why on the 950 you’ll be hard pressed to find D40LFs on it. But for most other routes including the 915, no planning goes into what model of bus is on that block.

19 hours ago, John Oke said:

Bus no. 8576 showed MID 113 instead of the next stop on the 303 this morning, does anyone know what it means?

Possibly an error affecting the display of the next stop announcements internally. It is usually fixed by the technicians when the bus is out of service (or something like that).

4 hours ago, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

Possibly an error affecting the display of the next stop announcements internally. It is usually fixed by the technicians when the bus is out of service (or something like that).

I've seen MID 113 on GO Transit before so it's an internal error code affecting the next stop display- the automated announcements should have broadcast without issue

20190917_083459.thumb.jpg.585a4a3f97416e13f6cb714a32d80d6b.jpg

On 10/19/2019 at 6:05 PM, John Oke said:

8578 has broken presto reader, free ride when I rode it on the 304 today.

Spoke to a driver on the 403 and she said that the D40LF’s will be 

retired by the end of next year

They won’t be all retired by year end 2020, simply put, there’s no way it will happen. The 2006’s and maybe the 7 could be, however DRT has very modest plans for replacement buses that aren’t PULSE Buses next year.

if I recall correctly DRT has plans to replace some conventional buses with PULSE Buses, this would be to cover the 901 PULSE Since which is planned to start operation next year.

Also keeping in mind that they want to repurpose the 8600’s to conventional over the next few years. Overall, there’s no way they’re replacing 50+ buses

Just now, 43 Kennedy said:

Simcoe Street, mirrors the 401 route.

Have you seen the 915? That route needs a service increase and should be added to PULSE ASAP. I’m a High School student and I know people who have to wait 45 min for a bus because they can’t get on one because it’s full coming from Durham College and Ontario Tech.

On 10/20/2019 at 9:33 PM, John Oke said:

Have you seen the 915? That route needs a service increase and should be added to PULSE ASAP. I’m a High School student and I know people who have to wait 45 min for a bus because they can’t get on one because it’s full coming from Durham College and Ontario Tech.

The 901 will actually mirror a rout closer to the old 401C

• 2 weeks later...

Some very interesting news from Durham this week.

5a86ebcc-157f-4c35-ba10-aaf800b6fd22

document 2019-DRT-20 talks about their submissions for $237Million in Federal, Provincial and Municipal funding under the investing in Canadian Infrastructure plan.

There are some relatively large plans and a few that actually slipped under the radar a bit

Signature Projects

- 7.5Km Median Transit Lanes in Pickering from Altona Road to Notion (except the CN Bridge)

-20 Median stations

- 7.5Km of Bike Lanes

- 15km Panning and construction in Oshawa, Whitby and Ajax

- 3.3Km dedicated lanes construction  

- 9.4Kn shovel ready

- 5.5Km Priority Measures in pinch points of Pickering Village, Downtown Whitby and Downtown Oshawa

- 0.5Km on road buffered bike lanes

- 2.8Km of off road bike paths

- Simcoe Street Rapid Transit Corridor

- 10Km Line added to the PULSE network

- 8 new PULSE Buses (not sure if artics or not)

- 80 new PULSE shelters

- 10 upgrades to signalized intéresserions on Simcoe to improve reliability

- An environmental assessment to add bus lanes to Simcoe street.

Fleet Acquisition 

-13 Replacement 40” PULSE Buses over three years (2020-2022)

-2 Growth 60” PULSE Buses in 2020 for Highway 2 

-11 Conventional Replacements that will be Durham’s first Hybrid Electric buses

-16 Replacement Promasters

Infrastructure upgrades

Bus stop concrete pads and lighting in shelters

- Fuel Management system

-New Hoist for the artics

-Driver Security doors

- Renovations at Raleigh

- replacement PRESTO Units

- Replacement of all vehicles destination signs to the SMT Varient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm curious to know if DRT is considering upgrading their current fareboxes to coincide with the replacement of the PRESTO Card readers?

Also, I had a hard time on finding what the manufacturer or the new next-generation PRESTO Card readers is. All I know is that the current ones are made by a company called "Thales".

1 hour ago, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

I'm curious to know if DRT is considering upgrading their current fareboxes to coincide with the replacement of the PRESTO Card readers?

Also, I had a hard time on finding what the manufacturer or the new next-generation PRESTO Card readers is. All I know is that the current ones are made by a company called "Thales".

DRT is going to be changing all their readers to the next generation ones by September 2020, the first three will be installed in December.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

DRT is going to be changing all their readers to the next generation ones by September 2020, the first three will be installed in December.

Thanks for your prompt response. I'm hoping that DRT could go cashless in the future or maybe offer provisions for people to pay with cash. I'm hoping that DRT could consider upgrading their fareboxes with the ones (made by a company called "Scheidt & Bachmann") found on GRT (Grand River Transit).

3 minutes ago, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

Thanks for your prompt response. I'm hoping that DRT could go cashless in the future or maybe offer provisions for people to pay with cash. I'm hoping that DRT could consider upgrading their fareboxes with the ones (made by a company called "Scheidt & Bachmann") found on GRT (Grand River Transit).

They wouldn't be allowed to go cashless. I'm pretty sure that would affect the AODA rules in a way.

• Like 1