DRT

Durham Region Transit

I still dislike how next vehicle arrivals are still given as times of day rather than in the "countdown" format (e.g. in 5 minutes). Just imagine if that's how they show departures on digital signs at bus stops - if my bus arrives at, say, 10:30, how long do I have to wait until then?

(Also worth noting is that Triplinx still doesn't provide real-time DRT vehicle info - as evidenced by the icon besides the time like this besides YRT/TTC trips: image.png.98635698b1ebe3d2e34c0e18a752ecee.png).

1 minute ago, Transit geek said:

I still dislike how next vehicle arrivals are still given as times of day rather than in the "countdown" format (e.g. in 5 minutes). Just imagine if that's how they show departures on digital signs at bus stops - if my bus arrives at, say, 10:30, how long do I have to wait until then?

(Also worth noting is that Triplinx still doesn't provide real-time DRT vehicle info - as evidenced by the icon besides the time like this besides YRT/TTC trips: image.png.98635698b1ebe3d2e34c0e18a752ecee.png).

Real-time data has been working on Transit App for about two weeks now, however, DRT denies that they gave them the data.

12 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

Real-time data has been working on Transit App for about two weeks now, however, DRT denies that they gave them the data.

Transit App might be scraping the data without DRT's permission. They've done it before with other agencies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IRT_BMT_IND said:

Transit App might be scraping the data without DRT's permission. They've done it before with other agencies.

DRT's live data is a GFTS feed, which is public forum.

1 hour ago, 110B West Pickering said:

DRT’s live data hasn’t been published in the GTFS Feed yet. Transit would be scraping it from somewhere.

Here's the live GTFS feed: 

https://transitfeeds.com/p/durham-region-transit/642

It's public forum (or "Open Data) under the Region of Durham's MFIPPA act: 

https://www.durham.ca/en/regional-government/open-data.aspx (you can search the keyword "transit")

Where did you get the impression that the data has not been published..?

I didn’t say the GTFS wasn’t published

but the GTFS-RT (real time feed) has not been published, no where in those feeds on Durham’s Open Data Portal is there anything more than scheduled information.

7 minutes ago, ADB said:

Spotted a Karsan Jest heading east on Bayly. Maybe something to keep an eye out for at Westney Division.

Thanks! I’ll head over tonight to take a look, on a mildly related note, PWT is bringing over there driverless minibus they have in Edmonton now, it’s mentioned at their previous TEC Agenda Reports labeled Advancing Transit Innovations, and brings mentions to Autonomus and Electric Vehicles in DRT Horizons

It is sitting on Eastern Ave by Leslie.  Platted for Michigan and most likely here for the CUTA trade show next Tuesday.

On 12/11/2018 at 12:31 PM, ADB said:

New bright green interior with work tables and USB ports on the new Pulse buses.

It's interesting they didn't carry on with the 8600 series and started in the 71's 

On 12/11/2018 at 12:31 PM, ADB said:

New bright green interior with work tables and USB ports on the new Pulse buses.

Looks more better than the Flyers. Interesting that those photos appeared on the wiki the same day as well..

3 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Looks more better than the Flyers. Interesting that those photos appeared on the wiki the same day as well..

I had thrown them up on the wiki following permission from DRT, the photos will be replaced in February when the busses enter service.

personal thoughts, I don’t mind the seats, and the bus looks too white without the grey skirt panels

ICAHMI (In case anyone had missed it), Durham Region Transit is now terminating their Route 900 Pulse bus to an unlikely location at the Centennial College Morningside Campus grounds: Centennial Circle as per their twitter account. Up until recently when the construction down at the UTSC bus loop was taking place, the DRT Pulse bus  originally terminates at Ellesmere and Military Trail and then does the following:

• goes west along Military Trail,
  • south along Morningside Avenue,
  • head back east along Ellesmere

While it may put an end on seeing all TTC, GO and DRT bus routes at the former bus loop, it's DRT's decision for this change. The change won't take place until January 7th, 2018.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 12:57 AM, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

ICAHMI (In case anyone had missed it), Durham Region Transit is now terminating their Route 900 Pulse bus to an unlikely location at the Centennial College Morningside Campus grounds: Centennial Circle as per their twitter account. Up until recently when the construction down at the UTSC bus loop was taking place, the DRT Pulse bus  originally terminates at Ellesmere and Military Trail and then does the following:

• goes west along Military Trail,
  • south along Morningside Avenue,
  • head back east along Ellesmere

While it may put an end on seeing all TTC, GO and DRT bus routes at the former bus loop, it's DRT's decision for this change. The change won't take place until January 7th, 2018.

TTC and GO still serve the bus loop, the loop they are using at Centennial is for DRT only.

• Like 1

Hey guys.. Looking for some information in regards to DRT but this is the only forum I see online for DRT so I'm hoping someone can assist from here

I'm currently working with ttc but I'm considering applying at DRT. 

Do new hires start part time with drt? 

What's the max pay as an operator? 

Will drt be hiring in 2019?

Are the pension and benefits competitive with ttc? 

Any input would be greatly appreciated! 

20 hours ago, Hellothere said:

Hey guys.. Looking for some information in regards to DRT but this is the only forum I see online for DRT so I'm hoping someone can assist from here

DRT hires part time to start, after 2 years, you can expect to be full time. PT pay tops out around 32 (w/o benefits), not sure about FT. Pension is run through OMERS...

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Hellothere said:

Well it seems like twice a year they post jobs,  I can tell you for a fact they started a training class this month and will start another in March,  everyone in those classes had interviews in October and November I was interviewed in November for the training that's to start in March   

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2019 at 12:24 AM, Hellothere said:

c7c9ad6f-8d76-44fd-94ef-7b36da109f86.jpg

Full rate is $31.76 after you complete 2080 hours after probation is done. That's probably about a year worth of work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2019 at 12:24 AM, Hellothere said:

Unless completely necessary I would stay with TTC. Much better pay in Toronto. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

Unless completely necessary I would stay with TTC. Much better pay in Toronto. 

Big time and there is no guarantee of hours in Durham 

14 minutes ago, NovaBus76 said:

Big time and there is no guarantee of hours in Durham 

So you could be working 20 hours a week?

I think for new operators being part time is really terrible. You get better at the job by driving more and getting experience. But if you're working part time it's going to take you that much longer to get good at the job.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

So you could be working 20 hours a week?

I think for new operators being part time is really terrible. You get better at the job by driving more and getting experience. But if you're working part time it's going to take you that much longer to get good at the job.

$14hr during 5-6 week training period yikes,