Durham Region Transit

On 9/11/2018 at 1:46 AM, 110B West Pickering said:

Little thread bump here...

Noticed today that the next phase of expansion at Raleigh is well underway with exterior funashing occurring on the old building now, the rear storage area will soon be recieving a canopy to protect the tops of vehicles.

internal upgrades are also being done to the storage facility (old building) to bring it up to the New Maintnece Facility’s standards.

in Deliveries news, 5 more novas will come this year (8590-8594) with 4 more technically considered 2018’s to be delivered in January (8595-8598). After that the 85xx is closed and a new number series will have to begin in 2019 with 11 replacements scheduled for that year.

Two things.
Would this refurbishment of Raleigh Division be done if it meant that they want to expand to hold more buses?

And was the information also including where these 9 new Novas be allocated to?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

New batch of Novas freshly delivered to Westney Division.

unlike what anyone thought, the new number series begins at 6101. From what I can tell seven vehicles are on property.

also marking Westney’s first batch of novas

Seven were on property Wednesday, 6100 is the first of the series. 6104 and 6105 had not arrived early Thursday.

4 hours ago, Uwe said:

Seven were on property Wednesday, 6100 is the first of the series. 6104 and 6105 had not arrived early Thursday.

In a photo I believe I had seen a 6122, would you be able to comfirm, as well as how many we’re expecting.

im in belief it is 9 (remainder of 2018 +16 2019 Growth)

Got confirmation from DRT about the vehicles that will be arriving in the coming months.

Firstly, 6100’s and up are new Conventional vehicles

7100’s are new BRT vehicles

This year (2018 vehicles) 13 busses coming in (6100-6112) of which 4 are growth and the other 9 are replacements.

next year, 16 growth and 11 replacement. 4 of the vehicles will be for PULSE

• Like 1
12 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

Got confirmation from DRT about the vehicles that will be arriving in the coming months.

Firstly, 6100’s and up are new Conventional vehicles

7100’s are new BRT vehicles

This year (2018 vehicles) 13 busses coming in (6100-6112) of which 4 are growth and the other 9 are replacements.

next year, 16 growth and 11 replacement. 4 of the vehicles will be for PULSE

So 6100-6112 are all at Westney? I have created the page for it.

2 minutes ago, 110B West Pickering said:

I didn’t receive any official word on that regard. However, as a general rule in the past with DRT, where a vehicles is delivered, is generally where it has entered service.

Alright sounds good, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 10:51 PM, 110B West Pickering said:

Both are westney

I suppose I should’ve also mentioned that.

4 Growth Promasters due next year should be under the 5500 numbers

It's interesting that the 2 latest Promasters took the numbers of 2006 Ford cutaways, which are presumably retired.

10 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

You would be correct

No shit sherlock. He wasn't posing a question, he was making an observation. There was no need for you to increase your post count as the answer to the question no one asked.

Dan

• Like 1
13 hours ago, smallspy said:

No shit sherlock. He wasn't posing a question, he was making an observation. There was no need for you to increase your post count as the answer to the question no one asked.

Dan

if theres no need for me to increase my post count, why are you doing the same thing, my post, in addition, your post, were both unnecessary. You're not a moderator, why do you care?

12 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

if theres no need for me to increase my post count, why are you doing the same thing, my post, in addition, your post, were both unnecessary. You're not a moderator, why do you care?

I think you could benefit from some of my advice here. It's not recommended that you pick fights with people who have been on here longer than you have. They presumably have more knowledge on any topic than you do. 

That being said, you don't need to constantly reply to this thread in order to stay relevant. I'm sure you have loads of knowledge about DRT, and that's great! But don't approach the topic by swinging your genitals around like it's some kind of contest.

We get that you have been super onto DRT's social media team, and we're sure you've made a name for yourself at 605, but let's take a second and ask ourselves... is it really that important?

I can confidently say that DRT doesn't want you to constantly pester them about new buses, or fleet movements... they run a transit system, which is for everyone... not just enthusiasts like us.

We're all passionate about something, but when it gets out of control, like it has, with you causing a problem with other users, editors, moderators, or even the admin team, maybe reflect and ask yourself, "is it really worth it?". 

I think what we can take away from this is, maybe just calm down a bit?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

All, the above post sums it up nicely. Please post civilly here. We have a community of people all interested in a common topic, and we don't need any more negative or useless posts. Consider yourselves warned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2