DRT

Durham Region Transit

This afternoon there was a federal/provincial/municipal press conference announcing ~ $170 million of new funding for DRT.

The federal release is here, but it has no details on intended uses.

I asked DRT on Twitter if they had any details of what it will be used for.  Their response follows.

Scoping for potential projects has begun, which reflect priorities of the Region's Transportation Master Plan and our service strategy. Proposals include completion of the hwy 2 BRT, a new central facility, articulated buses and prep for rapid transit on Simcoe St.

On 2018-03-15 at 1:12 PM, 110B West Pickering said:

Just received an email today that states tomorrow morning at 9:00 Celina Caesar-Chavannes, MP for Durham Region will be announcing an exciting investment in public transit infastructure.

Minor, but important,  correction.  She is the MP for Durham, as in the specific riding, not the MP for all of Durham Region.

8 minutes ago, DavidH said:

This afternoon there was a federal/provincial/municipal press conference announcing ~ $170 million of new funding for DRT.

The federal release is here, but it has no details on intended uses.

I asked DRT on Twitter if they had any details of what it will be used for.  Their response follows.

Minor, but important,  correction.  She is the MP for Durham, as in the specific riding, not the MP for all of Durham Region.

Thanks for the correction,

On 5/15/2018 at 7:07 PM, Hellothere said:

Hello, does anyone know the starting pay for DRT? Can't seem to find that information online. Thanks. 

I recall my brother saying it was something like 27/hr for part time? I have an interview with them on Thursday, so I could better answer that question later this week.

Our friend Richard Oldfield, DRT's # 1 operator, retired at the end of May after 38 years service that started with the old Oshawa Transit. He was very hush-hush about it, not wanting any fuss. I may be going against his wishes by posting this!  A few months earlier, he received an award for 35 years safe driving, the only operator so honored. 

• Like 3

Anyone have info on 8981 as there no info on WKI for it?? Shot it in Oshawa last week.

1 hour ago, drum118 said:

Anyone have info on 8981 as there no info on WKI for it?? Shot it in Oshawa last week.

If you shot it, mind telling us what it is?

1 hour ago, Articulated said:

If you shot it, mind telling us what it is?

DRT 8981 ElDorado National Bus At Oshawa GO Transit Bus Terminal

16 minutes ago, drum118 said:

DRT 8981 ElDorado National Bus At Oshawa GO Transit Bus Terminal

GO Train station or GO Bus terminal in downtown?

its a EZ Rider II Max BRT, same specification as 8979 and 8980

it is run by wentworth division (PWTransit Inc.) which I’d be rather shocked if you found it in Downtown Oshawa.

i assume you found it on route 922 at Oshawa GO.

59 minutes ago, 110B West Pickering said:

GO Train station or GO Bus terminal in downtown?

its a EZ Rider II Max BRT, same specification as 8979 and 8980

it is run by wentworth division (PWTransit Inc.) which I’d be rather shocked if you found it in Downtown Oshawa.

i assume you found it on route 922 at Oshawa GO.

Wki doesn't have them listed <https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Durham_Region_Transit>

It was at the VIA/GO Station Bus Terminal

29312435118_4e88ef1bc4_b.jpg29312436948_0cb30aeeb2_b.jpg

53 minutes ago, 110B West Pickering said:

It’s listed under community bus fleet, however I may change that shortly, they aren’t exclusive to the community bus.

Not knowing the system, I assume it was missing. Best to list them as normal buses, with a note related to community bus.

Not the first system where I have found no info on vehicles and some have never been updated in years.

Thanks for the feed back

On 7/3/2018 at 4:05 PM, drum118 said:

Same specs as the previous units... 79/80.

Question.. is pw transit who runs out of Whitby a totally different thing than DRT? Because I see them hiring for operator's in Whitby and it's pw transit so is it not run in anyway by Durham transit ?

1 hour ago, NovaBus76 said:

Question.. is pw transit who runs out of Whitby a totally different thing than DRT? Because I see them hiring for operator's in Whitby and it's pw transit so is it not run in anyway by Durham transit ?

DRT owns and funds the entire system, PWT is only the operator for Whitby and North Services. They are responsible for drivers, storage of busses (owned by DRT) and doing basic maintenance such as refueling, cleaning of graffiti, and cleaning the vehicles.  So when you see an PWT job posting, it is to become a DRT driver following DRT’s guidelines and training procedures, but rather than being paid by The Regional Municiaplity of Durham, your paid by PWTransit Canada Inc

28 minutes ago, 110B West Pickering said:

DRT owns and funds the entire system, PWT is only the operator for Whitby and North Services. They are responsible for drivers, storage of busses (owned by DRT) and doing basic maintenance such as refueling, cleaning of graffiti, and cleaning the vehicles.  So when you see an PWT job posting, it is to become a DRT driver following DRT’s guidelines and training procedures, but rather than being paid by The Regional Municiaplity of Durham, your paid by PWTransit Canada Inc

Thanks for making that more clear much appreciated..