DRT

Durham Region Transit

On November 7, 2016 at 7:14 PM, 110B West Pickering said:

I don't really know when it happend, but 8050 hhs disappeared from westney

It has been purchased by Sarnia.

Hi all,

It has come to my attention that a lot of these forums, including this one, is being monitored by Durham Region Transit corporate folk. A lot of members have been posting speculations (including myself) which has angered some management employees at DRT. Also, members from the board have been named "by name"   (yes, first and last ). I just wanted to give you all a heads up and to remember to be mindful of what you're posting. Make sure you distinguish SPECULATiONS & CONFIRMED INFORMATION

2 hours ago, J. Bullock said:

Hi all,

It has come to my attention that a lot of these forums, including this one, is being monitored by Durham Region Transit corporate folk. A lot of members have been posting speculations (including myself) which has angered some management employees at DRT. Also, members from the board have been named "by name"   (yes, first and last ). I just wanted to give you all a heads up and to remember to be mindful of what you're posting. Make sure you distinguish SPECULATiONS & CONFIRMED INFORMATION

There are 5 of us that they were able to name, they say we are telling people we(DRT) are "buying and selling things" and that we claim to be Durham Region Transit.... while yes we do talk about purchasing of new buses for the fleet, this is completely public information and can be found through Durham.ca archives, we also discussed for a long time the selling of 8050 now confirmed to be Sarnia Transit. As Jon noted we should now be mindful to distinguish speculation and confirmed.

the other strange thing is that these DRT corporate people are saying people are calling in to the call centre giving our 5 names about these purchases... and that they are aware of these dicussion board(s) most notably the CPTDB.

They better be watching. If they don't step up their game and become more transparent, riders will simply jump on uber, lyft, waze carpool, and any other up and coming technologies.

If you're reading this DRT/RoD, it's time to open up your GTFS-rt data. We're waiting.

Anybody know of the state of 8626? It was parked at Simcoe and Bond last night around 2:30am. It was left off, doors open, with three smashed side windows. Phone was dead at the time, couldn't get a picture.

5 hours ago, J. Bullock said:

Anybody know of the state of 8626? It was parked at Simcoe and Bond last night around 2:30am. It was left off, doors open, with three smashed side windows. Phone was dead at the time, couldn't get a picture.

Probably was the last bus of the night pulling inbound, then... Oshawa kicked in

On 12/16/2016 at 4:53 PM, J. Bullock said:

8626 was on the road this evening...left U of T around 7:15-7:30 this evening. 

Given that today is the last day that Coach Canada is operating Whitby Division routes, what would happen come tomorrow (Jan.1st) to which the buses that Whitby current has for DRT would have to be moved out of the facility (?) as Coach Canada wouldn't own it anymore. Would Pacific Western, their new contractor effective tomorrow would use the same facility or would those buses be split between both Westney and Raleigh Divisions? Any effects on service?

26 minutes ago, newflyerinvero said:

Given that today is the last day that Coach Canada is operating Whitby Division routes, what would happen come tomorrow (Jan.1st) to which the buses that Whitby current has for DRT would have to be moved out of the facility (?) as Coach Canada wouldn't own it anymore. Would Pacific Western, their new contractor effective tomorrow would use the same facility or would those buses be split between both Westney and Raleigh Divisions? Any effects on service?

Found a lot of NIS busses going north on Thickson tonight ... might have something to do with it,

sorry for the Photo Quality, was walking. Its

8536 heading north at Thickson and Dundas

IMG_0197.JPG

17 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

All Whitby buses have had the Trentway Wagar markings removed and a temporary PW Transit has been placed in the front window

Nova LFS 8563 arrived to Oshawa division today. 5 more left to arrive this week apparently. Built November 2016. Only difference i'm seeing is no rear window for this batch.

• Like 3

2017 Budget and Proposed service strategy from 2017 to 2028is now available.

https://zyimage.durham.ca/Exe/ZyNET.exe?ZyAction=ZyActionD&Client=RoD&Index=Regional Commissioners Reports 2016&Docs=&Query=2017-DRT-01&Time=&EndTime=&SearchMethod=1|&TocRestrict=n&Toc=&TocEntry=&QField=&QFieldYear=&QFieldMonth=&QFieldDay=&UseQField=&IntQFieldOp=1&ExtQFieldOp=1&Refine=&XmlQuery=&User=ANONYMOUS&Password=anonymous&SortMethod=n|-&ResultOffset=0&MaximumDocuments=15&FuzzyDegree=0&ImageQuality=r85g16%2Fr85g16%2Fx75y75g8%2Fi850&Display=degpwlrmcftP&DefSeekPage=f&Back=ZyActionS|7&BackDesc=Results page&MaximumPages=1&ZyEntry=1&SeekPage=f&Doc=

key route changes this year.

401, no more 60-minute frequencies

900, weekday evening from 30 to 20

900, no more 60-minute frequencies

910, Route modification to eliminate confusing service around Thornton

915, 30 minute Saturday service until 19:00, Sunday to 19:00

916, 30-minute Saturday service until 22:00, Sunday to 19:00

916, Operate service via Brock Road

950, Introduction of Saturday Service

305, Two-way service on Thickson

107, extended to Rouge Hill

120, Half hour sunday service

199, replaced by route 603

408, Stevenson/Thronton will replace route 409 service, no service on Garrard north from Dundas to Taunton

409, maintains service on Garrard

420, New service on West Britannia 

603, New route connecting Uxbridge to Brock Road/Highway 407 Park and Ride, Monday - Friday also providing weekday service to Claremont,

651, Dial-a-Ride in Uxbridge Township

652, Dial-a-Ride in Scugog Township

653, Dial-a-Ride Between Beaverton and Orillia 

654, Dial-a-Ride  Between Cannington and Kawartha Lakes.

Additional Resource Reallocation.

despite service cuts in Pickering as well as cuts to evening service in Ajax and Whitby, this year seems like DRT is doing a lot of the work need years back including cutting hourly service from most routes on the High-Frequency nNetwork.

• Like 1

107's extension to Rouge Hill will be great, however, Rouge Hill is going to need more space for buses. especially if the 103 will continue to serve Rouge Hill.

1 hour ago, 409 Thornton said:

107's extension to Rouge Hill will be great, however, Rouge Hill is going to need more space for buses. especially if the 103 will continue to serve Rouge Hill.

I think I made a mistake, 107 is actually scheduled for 2018. The point still stands however that RHG will need more space

if it was full

it has

60'-85

40'-38

40'-54

40'-103 and then the 107 on top of all that

2 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

2017 Budget and Proposed service strategy from 2017 to 2028is now available.

https://zyimage.durham.ca/Exe/ZyNET.exe?ZyAction=ZyActionD&Client=RoD&Index=Regional Commissioners Reports 2016&Docs=&Query=2017-DRT-01&Time=&EndTime=&SearchMethod=1|&TocRestrict=n&Toc=&TocEntry=&QField=&QFieldYear=&QFieldMonth=&QFieldDay=&UseQField=&IntQFieldOp=1&ExtQFieldOp=1&Refine=&XmlQuery=&User=ANONYMOUS&Password=anonymous&SortMethod=n|-&ResultOffset=0&MaximumDocuments=15&FuzzyDegree=0&ImageQuality=r85g16%2Fr85g16%2Fx75y75g8%2Fi850&Display=degpwlrmcftP&DefSeekPage=f&Back=ZyActionS|7&BackDesc=Results page&MaximumPages=1&ZyEntry=1&SeekPage=f&Doc=

key route changes this year.

401, no more 60-minute frequencies

900, weekday evening from 30 to 20

900, no more 60-minute frequencies

910, Route modification to eliminate confusing service around Thornton

915, 30 minute Saturday service until 19:00, Sunday to 19:00

916, 30-minute Saturday service until 22:00, Sunday to 19:00

916, Operate service via Brock Road

950, Introduction of Saturday Service

305, Two-way service on Thickson

107, extended to Rouge Hill

120, Half hour sunday service

199, replaced by route 603

408, Stevenson/Thronton will replace route 409 service, no service on Garrard north from Dundas to Taunton

409, maintains service on Garrard

420, New service on West Britannia 

603, New route connecting Uxbridge to Brock Road/Highway 407 Park and Ride, Monday - Friday also providing weekday service to Claremont,

651, Dial-a-Ride in Uxbridge Township

652, Dial-a-Ride in Scugog Township

653, Dial-a-Ride Between Beaverton and Orillia 

654, Dial-a-Ride  Between Cannington and Kawartha Lakes.

Additional Resource Reallocation.

despite service cuts in Pickering as well as cuts to evening service in Ajax and Whitby, this year seems like DRT is doing a lot of the work need years back including cutting hourly service from most routes on the High-Frequency nNetwork.

Hey man, I read through the report - forgive me, I don't understand all of the technical graphs and whatnot, but can you decipher what's happening in Clarington? The service looks promising, but when is it all supposed to happen (like service til midnight on the 501)?

30 minutes ago, Ashmerlinoth said:

Hey man, I read through the report - forgive me, I don't understand all of the technical graphs and whatnot, but can you decipher what's happening in Clarington? The service looks promising, but when is it all supposed to happen (like service til midnight on the 501)?

I'll see what I can figure out,

but image 57-69 shows the service plan over the years

ill see what happens and I'll add it up

49 minutes ago, Ashmerlinoth said:

Should be by 2019 before weekday and Saturday service is enhanced to midnight on the 501/502

though in 2018 the 502 is getting two way service.

everyhing is subject to change 

This seemed interesting (from page 57):

420 West Britannia — NEW weekday peak period service between UOIT / DC North Campus and Britannia West. 30 minute service.

401 Simcoe — Recovery Time used operate 420 West Britannia.

page57.png

40 minutes ago, FlyerD901 said:

DRT finally pushing to get into STC

DRT access to STC

General question (not directed at you FlyerD901, but a follow-up from your post): How does the ownership of Scarborough Centre's bus terminal work? Is the entire terminal all owned by the TTC/City of Toronto, or is TTC only responsible for the western portion, and someone else (GO perhaps) is responsible for maintaining the eastern portion?

It would be logical that if DRT was to serve STC, they would do so on the eastern (GO/Greyhound/Megabus) side as it is outside the fare paid area.