DRT

Durham Region Transit

On 1/25/2019 at 10:34 AM, Someguy3071 said:

Unless completely necessary I would stay with TTC. Much better pay in Toronto. 

Only 3$ difference which is not alot of you ask me. . Although ttc has a 2% increase for the next 3 years.. Bring us up to 36$ by 2020

On 1/25/2019 at 10:25 AM, NovaBus76 said:

LOL I forgot how low the training wage was 

Ttc training is 19, if you pass it jumps to 26 and youre on probation for 10 months. From there when you complete your first year, pay goes up to 28$ then after completing  your second year you will be will make 34+

Ttc is also predicting to hire another 1000 operators in 2019. With that bring said plz.. Leave drt and apply to ttc so drt can start hiring again! Aha

37 minutes ago, Hellothere said:

Only 3$ difference which is not alot of you ask me. . Although ttc has a 2% increase for the next 3 years.. Bring us up to 36$ by 2020

Ttc training is 19, if you pass it jumps to 26 and youre on probation for 10 months. From there when you complete your first year, pay goes up to 28$ then after completing  your second year you will be will make 34+

Ttc is also predicting to hire another 1000 operators in 2019. With that bring said plz.. Leave drt and apply to ttc so drt can start hiring again! Aha

TTC training rate is 26.62 but you're paid for 6 hours per day. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 2:59 PM, Someguy3071 said:

$19.97

That's a pretty big pay cut to take to start a Durham and make less money in the long term too. 

I live east of Durham. Gas, wear and tear, and my time driving to work everyday is more valuable than the amount of money I'm loosing.

Not to mention Toronto is expensive place to live. Best of luck buying a house in Toronto on ttc salary. Housing market is insane. 

2 hours ago, Hellothere said:

buying a house in Toronto on ttc salary. Housing market is insane.

What makes you think you're entitled to owning a home?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

I'm enjoying my home! Better investment then renting. 

To each their own, I'm enjoying my cardboard box, low maintenance, no rent, solid construction and very moble   

• Haha 2

@NovaBus76 you joke but I was being serious. The current economic system of Canada makes no provision to ensure everyone can own a home (whether you're employed or not).

Capitalism is mostly a free for all where the rich have a million times more than they need and the rest of us just try to survive. I mean, consider that most humans don't even have access to indoor plumbing, let alone their own land or home on it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BrandonC said:

@NovaBus76 you joke but I was being serious. The current economic system of Canada makes no provision to ensure everyone can own a home (whether you're employed or not).

Capitalism is mostly a free for all where the rich have a million times more than they need and the rest of us just try to survive. I mean, consider that most humans don't even have access to indoor plumbing, let alone their own land or home on it.

Trust me I'm walking the fine line of not having enough just for rent at the end of the month and food in the kitchen, hence I'm thinking it might be a better option to head back east to Kingston and take a job that I hate and only pays $15hr and rent is a tiny bit cheaper than here, when just because you get paid top wage $34 driving bus here (depending on the transit agency) you are bearly paying rent and food bills, 

9 minutes ago, BrandonC said:

So my joke wasn't so much a joke, but a nervous garb at myself 

• Haha 1

You heard the boss fellas

2 minutes ago, newflyerinvero said:

Get back on topic please!

Okay, wondering how the revised terminus for the Pulse at Centennial College has either improved or not with current TTC and GO  connections?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, newflyerinvero said:

Get back on topic please!

Okay, wondering how the revised terminus for the Pulse at Centennial College has either improved or not with current TTC and GO  connections?

I suggest that the stop positioning is meant to be on an interim basis while the extension to Scarborough Centre is being planned out. If the Line 2 subway extension goes ahead, it'd be almost certain that Pulse service will reach there (and maybe even integrate with the TTC fare system as an express link to the Line 5 extension at UTSC - similar to Viva/Züm in Vaughan).

12 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

Pulse is using the "Centennial Circle" bus loop, nothing big in terms of changes, however, i've noticed that buses will get backed up trying to turn left onto Ellesmere off S/B Military... there's no left turn advance, but I seem to suspect that one will be put in soon.

On 1/27/2019 at 6:29 PM, NovaBus76 said:

To each their own, I'm enjoying my cardboard box, low maintenance, no rent, solid construction and very moble   

A cardboard box in Scarborough? Must've run you 1,500 w/o utilities... my dumpster behind the Food Basics at Morningside and Lawrence is 1,200 in lot fees... parking extra.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, J. Bullock said:

Pulse is using the "Centennial Circle" bus loop, nothing big in terms of changes, however, i've noticed that buses will get backed up trying to turn left onto Ellesmere off S/B Military... there's no left turn advance, but I seem to suspect that one will be put in soon.

A cardboard box in Scarborough? Must've run you 1,500 w/o utilities... my dumpster behind the Food Basics at Morningside and Lawrence is 1,200 in lot fees... parking extra.

I'm stealing wifi from the neighbour in the Kenmore box next to me, so that's one less bill 

In terms of fleet.

6100-6110 are going in service next week as per an internal buliten at Westney division

all 89xx ElDerodo’s are going to Wentworth from Westney following that same buliten

6111 and 6112 have moved to Raleigh to replace 8169 and 8171 and should enter service in the next two weeks.

8405 was involved in a collision about a week ago and is not going to be repaired, despite the damage being minimal.

8417 is obviously one of the units that the new Novas are replacing

7100-7103 should start service February 13th.

tomorrow we should see the servicing strategy for 2019-2028.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So the Service and Financing study has been released for business plans for 2019-2020 and beyond, however the service plan and budgetary askings are missing and will be added in the March 6th 2019 TEC meeting.

0f05eb37-c5d6-4f39-a65a-a9e7009fa823

few points of interest,

Bus Procurement.

It is unknown how many, but with the 2006 D40LF’s beginning retirement, they will be preserved in service one more year, being replaced by the some (or all) of the 26 2013 PULSE XD40’s.

DRT estimates with the amount of Kilometres on the PULSE Fleet, which is now at half-life, that they won’t actually make it to the goal of 12 years.

- Current average 100,000km/year

- If repurposed 78,000/year

the XD40’s will be replaced  by 2019 Artics with BRT Styling, likely LFSA’s purchased through the Metrolinx TPI.

New Facilities

DRT has plans to build two new facilities over the next five years

North Oshawa

- Indoor facility

- Largest Facility for central operation of routes in most areas

-  large scale maintenance facility

- construction starting 2020

Seaton

- Storage for Vehicles only,

- Services for North Durham and Seaton Areas

- Construction begins 2023

Bus Stop Environment

Hard Surfacing

- For all stops to be hard surfaced by 2025, 90 Pads per year must be built.

Shelters

- With the Pilot at Westney and Highway 2 as well as the Commuter Lot at Simcoe Street and R.R.12 complete DRT wants to begin retrofitting shelters with solar powered lighting.

- LED next bus displays will be piloted at 5 transfer points and terminals throughout 2019.

• Like 2

So the Pulse XD40's will be switched over to the conventional side? I don't see them retiring them that early. That would be a huge waste of taxpayers money.

1 hour ago, TTC 9701 said:

So the Pulse XD40's will be switched over to the conventional side? I don't see them retiring them that early. That would be a huge waste of taxpayers money.

That’s the idea

replace the 2006 D40LF’s with 2013 BRT vehicles repurposed into conventional, the loss of those vehicles (from BRT Service) would be replaced with Artics

With DRT opening a new facility In Oshawa for routes in “most areas” does that include bringing Whitby division in house or will they remain contracted out to PW, and whoever else bids in the future? 

31 minutes ago, NewFlyerFan said:

With DRT opening a new facility In Oshawa for routes in “most areas” does that include bringing Whitby division in house or will they remain contracted out to PW, and whoever else bids in the future? 

I would assume the bringing it in house, a report last year mentioned that if construction began in 2020, hopes would be that it would be done by the time the contract is up in January 2022.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J. Bullock said:

The new garage will be in North Whitby, not North Oshawa, it is being constructed on already-owned municipal land.

This is what I had heard as well, however, if you look at the article, it mentions that the land acquisition was only just completed and it is expected that the construction would start on 2020 on North Oshawa, possibly a typo on their end.