Durham Region Transit

DRT

1 hour ago, 110B West Pickering said:

Avoid having to pay MX to use the bays, there’s no lease fees when you stop a bus on street

Also, GO is getting evicted from STC this fall so that early work towards the temporary SRT replacement bus corridor can begin. I  can't imagine there is any chance DRT would be allowed in.  They're stuck on street until the subway extension opens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

Avoid having to pay MX to use the bays, there’s no lease fees when you stop a bus on street

It's not Metrolinx's facility to charge fees to.

That said, DavidH's answer is the correct one.

Dan

On 5/12/2022 at 2:23 PM, DavidH said:

Also, GO is getting evicted from STC this fall so that early work towards the temporary SRT replacement bus corridor can begin. I  can't imagine there is any chance DRT would be allowed in.  They're stuck on street until the subway extension opens.

So GO will no longer be servicing STC? 

10 minutes ago, Gamer Studios said:

Most agencies seem to be in a rush to retire the D40LF...

The last New Flyer D40LF was built in 2010, meaning all examples are now 12 years or older. Many transit agencies have adopted a standard lifespan of about 12 years; therefore, even the "newest" D40LFs are entering their retirement age.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamer Studios said:

But what happens if their replacements are delayed...especially since supply chain issues are still rather prevalent 

DRT still has a large surplus of vehicles due to the amount of service they cut back during COVID, plus there's been new deliveries since then. If they need vehicles in service, they'll keep them around until their replacements enter service.

6 hours ago, Gamer Studios said:

They could serve the street right beside McCowan RT Station or build a temporary terminal inside one of STC's parking lot or one of the streets...

GO will be setting up temporary facilities on Borough Drive, which is immediately west of the mall proper. 

6 hours ago, Gamer Studios said:

But what happens if their replacements are delayed...especially since supply chain issues are still rather prevalent 

6115 on 902B/411

That unit  as well as 6116, is on a Raliegh based route, via Transee that I had seen this morning. However I don't know whether or not it's still out there. Perhaps those two are recent transfers from Westney Division.

22 hours ago, Gamer Studios said:

8471 is on the 905/302...Seems like the only remaining active D40LF (I guess until DRT replaces it and sends a replacement towards Whitby Division)

I think this is the only route it will do since the 2010's are almost always on the 905/302 until retirement (which should be sometime soon, maybe this week)

6 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

Glad to see you found the photo I shared.

there’s many upcoming service changes with routes being established,

EFFECTIVE JUNE 2022

224c

- Every 30 minutes on weekday evenings, and weekends

917z

- Every 30 minutes on weekends

901/N2

- Extended to Windfields Farm Drive and Thuroughbred Avenue via North Campus,

- Reinstating 10 minute daytime frequency

EFFECTIVE September 2022

211 West Ajax

- New Base route operating between Ajax GO and Pickering Parkway Terminal via Westney, Ravenscroft, Williamson, Westney, Rossland, Church, Kingston, Notion, and Pickering Parkway

216 Harwood North

- Introduction of 15 minute service on weekdays

- Alternating trips between 216 to Salem And Taunton, and 216c to Williamson and Audley

222 Audley South

- AM/PM peak route via Westney, Bayly, Audley, Ashbury, Range Line and Pickering Beach back to bayly to the GO Station

409 Garrard Stevenson

- Reinstating former route 409B on weekdays only

411 South Courtice

- Extension in AM/PM Peak to Oshawa GO

- Route adjustments in South Courtice to better match demand, simplify operating patterns, and better serve secondary schools

900 PULSE Highway 2

- Reinstating 20 minute frequencies to Scarborough

- Introduction of 15 minute frequencies during the daytime, alternating trips between Pickering Parkway Terminal and McCowan RT Station

Additionally,

the Tender documents are out for the 8 electric buses

https://durham.bidsandtenders.ca/Module/Tenders/en/Tender/Detail/b259aa42-ecc1-46d5-955e-5a21b82f8d22

But you know what I'm not seeing? WHITBY. Otherwise known as the town DRT forgot. When are the local buses coming back to Whitby?

20 minutes ago, Chris W said:

But you know what I'm not seeing? WHITBY. Otherwise known as the town DRT forgot. When are the local buses coming back to Whitby?

I noticed everywhere is getting service and Whitby is on the back burner as always

On 5/21/2022 at 9:09 AM, 110B West Pickering said:

Glad to see you found the photo I shared.

there’s many upcoming service changes with routes being established,

EFFECTIVE JUNE 2022

224c

- Every 30 minutes on weekday evenings, and weekends

917z

- Every 30 minutes on weekends

901/N2

- Extended to Windfields Farm Drive and Thuroughbred Avenue via North Campus,

- Reinstating 10 minute daytime frequency

EFFECTIVE September 2022

211 West Ajax

- New Base route operating between Ajax GO and Pickering Parkway Terminal via Westney, Ravenscroft, Williamson, Westney, Rossland, Church, Kingston, Notion, and Pickering Parkway

216 Harwood North

- Introduction of 15 minute service on weekdays

- Alternating trips between 216 to Salem And Taunton, and 216c to Williamson and Audley

222 Audley South

- AM/PM peak route via Westney, Bayly, Audley, Ashbury, Range Line and Pickering Beach back to bayly to the GO Station

409 Garrard Stevenson

- Reinstating former route 409B on weekdays only

411 South Courtice

- Extension in AM/PM Peak to Oshawa GO

- Route adjustments in South Courtice to better match demand, simplify operating patterns, and better serve secondary schools

900 PULSE Highway 2

- Reinstating 20 minute frequencies to Scarborough

- Introduction of 15 minute frequencies during the daytime, alternating trips between Pickering Parkway Terminal and McCowan RT Station

Additionally,

the Tender documents are out for the 8 electric buses

https://durham.bidsandtenders.ca/Module/Tenders/en/Tender/Detail/b259aa42-ecc1-46d5-955e-5a21b82f8d22

I really wished that DRT should expand their On-demand service - to areas that used to be served by a regular route (before the pandemic)..

Speaking of On Demand - a little piece of advice that I wanted to pass along: when requesting a DRT On Demand ride, please be cognizant (aware) on which vehicle that arrives for your ride request. 

There may be times in which a DRT-branded Promaster vehicle may be requested - but sometimes either a taxi or even an ordinary vehicle (driven on behalf of DRT) may be used.. 

On 5/21/2022 at 3:16 PM, Chris W said:

302 ( 302B to North Camps), correct if I'm wrong, but does that branch  replace the very short lived 310, or will it return?

The only "Whitby" route I think is the 905 A/B, essentially the 305, but as a regional route. I guess that's all Whitby needs, or does there need to be one or two more 300-based routes ?

Speaking of the 905, dies the 905A duplicate service to Harmoney Terminal with the 920?

4 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

As of today, Voyago has begun supplemental operations of OnDemand and Specialized Services.

Vehicles have DRT livery, and Logos as well as fleet numbers in the 3xxx numbering scheme.

operators are uniformed, and vehicles have security cameras. 

Much nicer experience for the passenger with the cabs gone now.

Hope that the supplemental service provided by Voyago  - will be much safer in terms of the passenger experience. There's one time that I did a test run on trying out the DRT OnDemand service - but there's one time in which I had travelled on a "ordinary vehicle" that is operating on behalf of DRT. That instance had happened to me a few months ago in the wintertime (I was travelling from Church & Hwy. 2 (to check out a place) to the Ajax GO station).

I was hoping that the DRT OnDemand service should be expanded to all sections of the region - some in which there was a fixed route service in the past. That's my food for thought, however.

Oshawa Centre terminal: can someone explain this (see attached photo) because I’m taking DRT again now and I just wanna know if these two signs are correct. Transit App and Apple Maps say that the 411 stops here but it doesn’t appear on any signs.

Furthermore, 407 and 406 appear on signs and I thought the latter was gone…?

BC8C6A04-14E7-4879-BDD8-07C91747FEEA.jpeg

5 hours ago, Gamer Studios said:

Alot of signs haven't been updated as of yet but yes the 411 does go to the OC...interlines with the 902B 

Do you know which platform it uses? I’m going to update it on openstreetmap. Does it have like two directions that both stop at the OC, the way the 902 Eb/Wb does (and uses different platforms for which).

19 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

interestingly the service changes to the 900 schedule indicate on weekdays, that trips will almost always take longer than they did before.

Could they be accounting for increased traffic this time of year/post covid?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 6:02 PM, Gamer Studios said:

I said "similar"

Has alot of the same feel...

Uses the same driver door, no seat directly behind the driver, etc...

On 7/20/2022 at 1:12 PM, J. Hollingsworth said:

Not quite, but sure.

here’s an exterior photo of 6125 I grabbed today

E3E492A7-911C-4786-BA89-0D62C61D3A2E.jpeg

From the looks of it, these 11 buses are powered by B6.7 engine and BAE HDS200 system as with MiWay and TTC LFS HEVs? Cool photo anyway.