Durham Region Transit

DRT

7 minutes ago, Jan Boic said:

Jordan, that bus is ex-Mississauga Transit #0337. Owned by MBTC of Mississauga. They purchased a few of these 03s and this one is the only repainted unit so far that I know about, which operated in Stratford for a short while. 

just got an update that there should be 4 leased buses. 

Thanks for the confirmation.

So far I’ve seen one and I know there’s more there are a few Raleigh XD40’s in Whitby for example here’s 8517 on the 303 about a week and a half ago it’s a Raleigh bus on a Whitby route

3BC823C6-5B0D-4A86-8639-F715D9F90744.jpeg

As well a completely valid reason with some 302 trips being canceled is sewer replacement on Brock between Taunton and Rossland which has lead to traffic lanes being shifted to accommodate construction 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sitting at the back of a 304 bus yesterday. Overheard a conversation between the driver and another passenger and the driver was saying something about the Region threatening to terminate PW’s contract with DRT they where also talking about the bus shortage and about how bus service in Whitby is becoming unreliable as well something to do with maintenance schedules of the buses 

27 minutes ago, 110B West Pickering said:

I’m not publicly allowed to discuss internal discussion regarding PWT and their contract with Durham Transit

I can however share that since the leases came in, PW has been able to consistently meet peak hour capacity at the reduced schedules since February 4th with minimal error.

full schedules on the 302 and 305 is anticipated to resume on March 21st.

How long more until all the buses are fixed and the leases are no longer needed?

1 hour ago, John Oke said:

For some reason I saw 8616 a PULSE XD-40 deadheading along Taunton NIS between Anderson and Garden this morning couldn’t grab a photo of it tho

It was on the 916 earlier this morning, must've either finished or heading to start that route.

image.thumb.png.5f8363eac36ec357f4b7f07688699883.png

• 3 weeks later...

ICAHMI: The service changes that DRT is going to implement on April 6th, 2020 - has been postponed indefintely due to the health crisis.

In addition, there will be several service reductions for the same reason:

https://www.durhamregiontransit.com/Modules/News/index.aspx?feedId=fcda21e8-a0d7-4bbe-9955-c4e9163cc1fd&newsId=9b2ed9c1-3c8d-4117-8cb8-dd0359e9f6e6

ICAHMI = in case anyone had missed it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder if there is any developments recently in regards to the service changes that Durham Region Transit that is going to implement back in April 2020 - but got postponed due to the pandemic?

Also, I want to know if some of the DRT's fleet is equipped with the new PRESTO readers - yet?

12 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

9100-9105 likely won’t enter service on time in September as there is currently no driver training on the artics.

I've seen one few days ago on Military Trail by U of T Scarborough. It had a training bus sign up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the following routes being cut temporarily (mainly in Pickering and Ajax) starting June 8th until further notice:

103-Glenanna

111-East Pickering

193A-Pickering Community Route

193B-Pickering Community Route

219-Ravenscroft

225-Audley North

226-Westney South

232-Church

301-West Lynde

303-Garden

312-Central Whitby

406-Wentworth