Durham Region Transit

DRT

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, John Oke said:

Bus no. 8576 showed MID 113 instead of the next stop on the 303 this morning, does anyone know what it means?

Possibly an error affecting the display of the next stop announcements internally. It is usually fixed by the technicians when the bus is out of service (or something like that).

4 hours ago, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

Possibly an error affecting the display of the next stop announcements internally. It is usually fixed by the technicians when the bus is out of service (or something like that).

I've seen MID 113 on GO Transit before so it's an internal error code affecting the next stop display- the automated announcements should have broadcast without issue

20190917_083459.thumb.jpg.585a4a3f97416e13f6cb714a32d80d6b.jpg

Just now, 43 Kennedy said:

Simcoe Street, mirrors the 401 route.

Have you seen the 915? That route needs a service increase and should be added to PULSE ASAP. I’m a High School student and I know people who have to wait 45 min for a bus because they can’t get on one because it’s full coming from Durham College and Ontario Tech.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious to know if DRT is considering upgrading their current fareboxes to coincide with the replacement of the PRESTO Card readers?

Also, I had a hard time on finding what the manufacturer or the new next-generation PRESTO Card readers is. All I know is that the current ones are made by a company called "Thales".

2 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

DRT is going to be changing all their readers to the next generation ones by September 2020, the first three will be installed in December.

Thanks for your prompt response. I'm hoping that DRT could go cashless in the future or maybe offer provisions for people to pay with cash. I'm hoping that DRT could consider upgrading their fareboxes with the ones (made by a company called "Scheidt & Bachmann") found on GRT (Grand River Transit).

3 minutes ago, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

Thanks for your prompt response. I'm hoping that DRT could go cashless in the future or maybe offer provisions for people to pay with cash. I'm hoping that DRT could consider upgrading their fareboxes with the ones (made by a company called "Scheidt & Bachmann") found on GRT (Grand River Transit).

They wouldn't be allowed to go cashless. I'm pretty sure that would affect the AODA rules in a way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

They wouldn't be allowed to go cashless. I'm pretty sure that would affect the AODA rules in a way.

I can't see how AODA would have any bearing whatsoever on whether a system can or can't take cash.

10 hours ago, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

I'm hoping that DRT could go cashless in the future or maybe offer provisions for people to pay with cash.

Why in the world would you want DRT to go cashless? That would be akin to making it harder for people to take transit, which is exactly the wrong tact to take.

10 hours ago, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

I'm hoping that DRT could consider upgrading their fareboxes with the ones (made by a company called "Scheidt & Bachmann") found on GRT (Grand River Transit).

S&B provides the faregates as used in Toronto and Ottawa, and I believe that they have also provided the Presto equipment used on the TTC surface fleet. Their reliability leaves something to be desired.

Dan

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smallspy said:

I can't see how AODA would have any bearing whatsoever on whether a system can or can't take cash.

Why in the world would you want DRT to go cashless? That would be akin to making it harder for people to take transit, which is exactly the wrong tact to take.

Dan

That wasn't my intention to say that DRT should go cashless but what I meant is that I hope that DRT will continue to accept cash.

Still with DRT, I heard that DRT is now offering a provision for clients who are on ODSP/OW (Ontario Disability Support Program and Ontario Works) to have their PRESTO Card reprogrammed for the Transit Assistance Program (or something like that).

Posted from my Galaxy S9

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 8:27 AM, John Oke said:

Saw two D40LFS yesterday Don’t remember the numbers one on the 915 and the other on the 304 which both seemed to have new more bold numbers on the front in front of the main doors

They are the new decals used for fleet numbers when the old ones peel off. Various D40LF units have them.