Durham Region Transit

DRT

• 2 weeks later...

Between Pickering Pkwy and Bayly St, if indeed permanent, this makes for pretty crap connections at Pickering GO.

923 West connections from the train aren't as big of an issue as opposed to the 105 West Shore and 106 Bay Ridges. If the passenger didn't want to make the "walk" as it's put, then the passenger could easily get off at Ajax. Problem solved. However with the 105/106 situation, trips could be... adjusted? So the loop isn't as congested at the 17:10, 17:40 and 18:00 pulses.

Do we know how long it will take for a system the size of DRY to roll out the next stop system on all the buses? They seem to be on all the buses I ride in Oshawa, though they don't seem to have the stops programmed on every one (the Simcoe sb I rode Monday for instance wasn't displaying stop names).

And do we know how long before we get the Transit feed data for apps?

And do we know how long before we get the Transit feed data for apps?

The maker of the "Transit app" and I had a twitter conversation with DRT last week, and were told the GTFS feed for apps should be available sometime early in the new year. DRT is also introducing their own app, likely in the same timeframe.

The maker of the "Transit app" and I had a twitter conversation with DRT last week, and were told the GTFS feed for apps should be available sometime early in the new year. DRT is also introducing their own app, likely in the same timeframe.

DRT will be on Google Maps! Finally!

Is the 225 North Audley now? :lol:

I didn't see any "222 North Audley": signage this morning so it may have been a programming error or perhaps an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. :-) Apologies for any confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

8051 is the only one left, the rest have been scrapped

Slightly wrong as 8050 was in service Friday night on the 219, 224 and 222 during evening rush. I would then say that it seems evident that the other 8050's in that series are indeed scrapped. But a great ride on it though.

8050 had full functioning audio and visual announcements. Much like Pulse and other conventional DRT buses, the only audible announcements that are heard when the front door opens is just the route number, without the route name or its destination.

Effective Monday, December 15th 2014. The following stops will be moved at the Oshawa Centre Bus Terminal.

• Route 910 Campus Connect will move to the spot of the current 405 Central Park Southbound stop.
  • All 405 Central Park Services(405/B/C) will move to the south end of the loop, diagonal to the 910 stop.

A few of us who follow DRT closely seem to be confused in terms of what was expected to have received 4 units this year for Pulse in the form of XD40s. To date, there hasn't been any new Pulse XD40s delivered. We also do understand that DRT will be involved with the Nova consortium for next year. Will these 4 40 foot units and/or 60 foot units be all Novas then rather then XD40s (the 4 40 foots anyway?)
On another note, there was one other Raleigh division XD40, possibly 8540 was transferred to Westney. More and more it seems like there would be more training of sorts (?) of Ajax/Pickering drivers on Allison powered buses? I wonder if it'd mean that any buses that are ordered for DRT would be Allison, regardless of which division?

Still no sign of 8548, btw.