Durham Region Transit

DRT

The GO Transit app and possibly some of their schedules use 24:00 and 25:00. It wouldn't take that much to figure out what they meant. It's an extension of the 24-hour clock to a say 27-hour to cover a "service day". Perhaps that's where they got the times from?

DRT has started installing the INIT equipment on their buses. So far, i've spotted 8001 with the display, and saw on Facebook that 8601 has it installed. It's rumored that the system will be live in September.

Was in Durham today and noticed a Whitby XD40 8537 is Allison powered. The giveaway was that small noise it makes just before it stops.
So, would the other units, 8538, 9 and 8540 also be in Whitby and are all Allison powered?

8538 is operated out of Victoria ,8539 and 40 are Raleigh buses, the series from 24-38 is powered by Voith D864.5. 39-45 are Allison, coincidentally, all Raleigh buses.

All the ordered Xcelsiors(85xx) were scheduled to be Voith(like the D40LF's), but with the request of Raleigh Division, the Xcelsiors that were to be sent there, were built with Allison.

• 4 weeks later...

Any new buses expected for Pulse? LFSA's?

Well, if the consortium was awarded to Nova, I can only speculate that LFSA will be the next installment for the Pulse Fleet. I seriously doubt DRT will step up and vie for LFX.

By the way, 8161 has it's INIT display installed

IMG_19931.JPG

Does the forthcoming real-time stuff mean we can expect DRT on Google Maps (finally!) soon?

That's correct! Like the other systems (YRT, MiWay, Brampton) with INIT installed, their feed is synced with Google Transit to upload straight to maps.

Fall

that when most of the new tech is in testing

Jordan, the technology is being tested right now, it will be live in September.

DRT 8014, the bus being retired, is a 1994 Orion V, currently at the Westney Division. This will bring an end to the non-accessible era. After 8014 bites the dust, 8050-8055 will be the last remaining buses with high floors.

will the retired high floors be used for charters? Or are they sticking to the infleet busses?

Does anyone know what happend to the service plan for pickering and oshawa set for september 2014, it said on the DRT Website that it was going to be implemented for 2014 but now they took it off the website. i have emailed the westmey division and they only say that the 117 and the 421 are the only service changes for septemeber 2014?

image.jpg

DRT 8014, the bus being retired, is a 1994 Orion V, currently at the Westney Division. This will bring an end to the non-accessible era. After 8014 bites the dust, 8050-8055 will be the last remaining buses with high floors.

And 8014 is the last, I mean dead last of the Cummins L10 engine! Farewell forever!

And 8014 is the last, I mean dead last of the Cummins L10 engine! Farewell forever!

Speaking of 8014, what is the background on the unique stripes it has below the window? I assume it was an experimental livery, but can anyone provide more info?

Speaking of 8014, what is the background on the unique stripes it has below the window? I assume it was an experimental livery, but can anyone provide more info?

An attempt to add more to the livery, I guess. 8015 and a couple of the 03s have them as well.

An attempt to add more to the livery, I guess. 8015 and a couple of the 03s have them as well.

I don't ever remember seeing any of the 03 V's having those extra lines below the windows. Maybe it's just one of them but as far as the other 03's I've seen, well, they don't.

Anyhow, upon the last time since checking out Westney Garage back to thsi past Wednesday, an Orion VI, 8005, had a tarp on the front of the bus adn it was then pulled back (possibly by the wind) revealing the driver-side windshield no longer there. The front door was pushed in and there appeared to be black marks in and around the Orion sign. Fire perhaps?

Since the last time I was there which was about two weeks ago, it didn't move from that same spot.

I don't ever remember seeing any of the 03 V's having those extra lines below the windows. Maybe it's just one of them but as far as the other 03's I've seen, well, they don't.

Anyhow, upon the last time since checking out Westney Garage back to thsi past Wednesday, an Orion VI, 8005, had a tarp on the front of the bus adn it was then pulled back (possibly by the wind) revealing the driver-side windshield no longer there. The front door was pushed in and there appeared to be black marks in and around the Orion sign. Fire perhaps?

Since the last time I was there which was about two weeks ago, it didn't move from that same spot.

Fire damaged, due to age of the bus it should never return to service. Also the rest of the Orions have been pulled from service only to be used if need be.

8015 had the same stripes, it was applied for experimental purposes, you are correct.

Fire damaged, due to age of the bus it should never return to service. Also the rest of the Orions have been pulled from service only to be used if need be.

The VI's were never pulled from service, they are still in normal operation, 8005, the bus in question for fire, is being refurbished.

8015 had the same stripes, it was applied for experimental purposes, you are correct.

The VI's were never pulled from service, they are still in normal operation, 8005, the bus in question for fire, is being refurbished.

Aww just the V's including the 2003 models? I figure they could not make service with out the VI's

Aww just the V's including the 2003 models? I figure they could not make service with out the VI's

Even with four new Xcelsior's(assuming they even end up at Westney, probably not, it's rumored Allison, which means Oshawa.) Westney would still come up in the red with a shortfall of buses.

Has anyone seen any VI in Service in the last two weeks?

That i've seen, no. But when I was around Westney a few nights ago, 6-7 of them were not there, which means they were probably in service. Jordan(drtwatch) could probably better clarify, as i'm not out towards Ajax on a daily basis.