Durham Region Transit

DRT

That's the power steering system.

These are the 2010 option order from the Consortium that was part of the order is now in process of delivering.

UREA is at the pass. side.

shows how long it's been since I worked on one.

Back then, the hydraulic resevoir was tucked in the tiny space between the radiator and the engine compartment firewall.

I have a question about 112 the 1977 Fishbowl. Has the bus been scrapped or what did they do with it?

Ya it's still in front of the Oshawa garage. It's actually owned by the Canadian Automotive museum in Oshawa but they have no space for it. I'm suprised it's still in fair shape after being parked on the lawn, under trees for over 7 years.

• 2 weeks later...

8013 now has what looks to be a Luminator Max 3000 destination sign.

The flag bus programming has been changed so they now display Flag 1 Cycle 1 * Westwood, Flag 1 Cycle 2 * Pickering Town Centre, etc

I also saw a New Flyer on the 102 displaying 102 Liverpool * Fieldlight * Pickering Parkway (but the y was cut off on Parkway)

8013 now has what looks to be a Luminator Max 3000 destination sign.

The flag bus programming has been changed so they now display Flag 1 Cycle 1 * Westwood, Flag 1 Cycle 2 * Pickering Town Centre, etc

I also saw a New Flyer on the 102 displaying 102 Liverpool * Fieldlight * Pickering Parkway (but the y was cut off on Parkway)

lol, they seem to have a problem with fitting the whole message onto the signs. (i.e. Durham Colleg on some side signs)

If DRT was concernd abut their levels of accessibility, I wonder if they could do a fleet shuffle?

Perhaps if some of the D40LF's that are currently in Oshawa be sent West, in exchange for the 2003 Orion Vs or maybe, 801x Vs that have S50's as well. VI's, too?

Could Ajax/Pickering benefit more from LF buses compared to Oshawa?

If Oshawa is the city in DRT that has more ridership growth compared to the rest of the region, could Vs be sent up there?

If DRT was concernd abut their levels of accessibility, I wonder if they could do a fleet shuffle?

Perhaps if some of the D40LF's that are currently in Oshawa be sent West, in exchange for the 2003 Orion Vs or maybe, 801x Vs that have S50's as well. VI's, too?

If Oshawa is the city in DRT that has more ridership growth compared to the rest of the region, could Vs be sent up there?

I think Oshawa would require more LF buses, because 401, 402, 409, 414, and the 916 have to be fully accessible. In Ajax, only the 915 has be designated as fully accessible.

You're forgetting that the 2003 orion v's and the second hand ones from the states are lift equipped. Therefore they can be considered accessible. By the way, 8014, 8015 and 8019 are equipped with cummins L10's, not series 50.

I think Oshawa would require more LF buses, because 401, 402, 409, 414, and the 916 have to be fully accessible. In Ajax, only the 915 has be designated as fully accessible.

Yeah but how often do you see high floors on these routes? In fact, besides rush hour extras, how many high floors do you see on other routes like the 3/10, 6/7, 8/11/12? None. Oshawa has more than enough low floors to go around. They only have 11 high floors left and most only see school specials as it is. A fleet swap at this point would be a waste of time.

There is currently a tender out for the refurbishment of 8152

Highlights include:

Green destination sign area and under windshield

New green bumpers

Move the wheelchair arrangement around on the drivers side to make it rear facing (to match the D40LF's)

Replace seat inserts to Holdsworth #YSW24954 (except the seats that face each other at the back of the bus they will get black vinyl bottoms)

There is currently a tender out for the refurbishment of 8152

Highlights include:

Green destination sign area and under windshield

New green bumpers

Move the wheelchair arrangement around on the drivers side to make it rear facing (to match the D40LF's)

Replace seat inserts to Holdsworth #YSW24954 (except the seats that face each other at the back of the bus they will get black vinyl bottoms)

Interesting about the black vinyl seat bottoms for the seats over the rear axle.

What`s this about green bumpers? Is this referring to getting bumpers painted in green? Or something environmental for the bumpers!?

Interesting about the black vinyl seat bottoms for the seats over the rear axle.

What`s this about green bumpers? Is this referring to getting bumpers painted in green? Or something environmental for the bumpers!?

Most likely painted green.

IMO, I think that the green bumpers will look dumb. B)

Most likely painted green.

IMO, I think that the green bumpers will look dumb. B)

unless the plastic is actually green and not paint, they won't look good for long.

It'll crack and rub off when they rub against stuff, or when they have to be pushed around the yard by a service truck or tow motor.

I'm riding 8471 right now on 222 Audley South.

A Globe and Mail article on Roger Anderson's reelection as Durham Region Chair says the following:

A second priority he outlined was the continuation of a long-term transit plan to “extend the grid to the west side of the region, and provide more routes, more frequent service and more convenient transfers.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nation...article1830817/

We should be seeing DRT's 2011 service strategy report soon (either next week or in January, depending on what meeting they bring it to first). Let's hope that Anderson's statement means that the Pickering and Ajax route restructuring and service improvements will be going ahead this year.

Hi I have a question.

I have to catch the 88 peterborough GO bus at 620am on Dec 21,22,23. It arrives at 740am...what is the quickest way to Durham College Oshawa campus on those days and what time is the buses leave the Oshawa GO stn and how much does it cost with a go bus ticket to and from like is there a co-fare?

I wonder if there will be some service on Boxing Day? The reason that I'm asking is that I'm doing some Boxing Day shopping down at the Pickering Town Centre.....

The DRT site's Holiday Service page has details of service for the 24st and 31st. I take that to mean that service on the 25th and 26th is ordinary "holiday" service, meaning the 18x and 28x routes will be running in Pickering and Ajax - but I suggest you call them to get the details.

The DRT site's Holiday Service page has details of service for the 24st and 31st. I take that to mean that service on the 25th and 26th is ordinary "holiday" service, meaning the 18x and 28x routes will be running in Pickering and Ajax - but I suggest you call them to get the details.

I guess I'll have to walk and take the 94 Yorkdale GO bus on Harwood and Gardiner to get to PTC........ and as for coming back, I'll take that bus back to Westney and Hwy. 2 and just walk....it's not that far though...