Barrie Transit

MCI102A3

I have been notified that I cannot edit the Barrie Transit wiki. After seeing the roster page I have attempted to log what info I could on the BACTS vehicles.

They generally include the "missing" fleet numbers except for of course, 666. Someone must be superstitious. I was unable to find data on 61104 (thanks for the help) and 68806.

Girardin apparently rebuilt their vehicles using a Ford body and a Blue Bird chassis. There are indeed a few seats. I need my cane to board as they won't let me on the lift with my walker.

# Make Model Seats Lic #

60902 Girardin Micro Bird/Ford E-450 4 BN7 9F3

61002 Girardin Micro Bird/Ford E-450 4 BH1 746

61104 unconfirmed 4? BL7 563

68005 Ford Crestline E-350 4 BL7 578

68105 Ford Crestline E-350 4 BL7 577

68606 Ford Crestline E-350 4 BM3 669

68706 Ford Crestline E-350 4 BM3 668

68806 no data yet

68906 Ford Cre stline E-350 4 BM3 667

69408 Dodge Eclipse 3 BM3 685 (totally accessible, even I can use the ramp - no stairs)

69609 Dodge Eclipse 3 BFEH 007

60010 Girardin Micro Bird/Ford E-450 4 201 7BF

After "699" Barrie Transit started numbering at 600 instead of 700 until the appearance of the Xcelsior buses with 1101

Barrie Transit # 1203, XD40, spotted eastbound on Highway # 401 at Winston Churchill on delivery on the way to Barrie.

1203? Now there's an odd number. I can understand 1105 or even 1201. But then I never designed it. I remember talking to one person saying how confusing the route nubers were and who was crazy enough to invent such a bizarre system?

"I did" was his response. Oops. But I did repeat that it only made sense to him. I mostly ignore the route numbers. I suppose the fleet numbers are starting to make just as much sense.

I have been notified that I cannot edit the Barrie Transit wiki. After seeing the roster page I have attempted to log what info I could on the BACTS vehicles.

They generally include the "missing" fleet numbers except for of course, 666. Someone must be superstitious. I was unable to find data on 61104 (thanks for the help) and 68806.

Girardin apparently rebuilt their vehicles using a Ford body and a Blue Bird chassis. There are indeed a few seats. I need my cane to board as they won't let me on the lift with my walker.

Welcome to the board, and thanks for the info on the BACTS fleet. Paratransit is difficult for most people to get info on because of its unscheduled nature, and most people just pay attention to the conventional fleets. It's also great to have a member from Barrie to update us on all the happenings.

FYI, you need to sign up to be a Wiki Editor. Drop a line in this thread and one of the admins will set your account up. For now I've added your info to the Barrie Transit page.

1203? Now there's an odd number. I can understand 1105 or even 1201. But then I never designed it. I remember talking to one person saying how confusing the route nubers were and who was crazy enough to invent such a bizarre system?

"I did" was his response. Oops. But I did repeat that it only made sense to him. I mostly ignore the route numbers. I suppose the fleet numbers are starting to make just as much sense.

I think there's probably 4 buses on order (1 to replace the Glider and 3 to replace the remaining VIs) so their fleet numbers would be 1201-1204. Seashore_518203 just saw the 3rd unit being delivered, perhaps the first 2 have already been delivered. They also don't necessarily deliver them in order, if the 3rd frame is completed first then it'll be shipped out first.

I could see the Glider going

Sadly it's still around in June 2012. It appears on the routes less travelled apparently such as Saunders. As the last bus with stairs I will be glad to see it go although the driver was patient with my walker - I had to go that way to pay an insurance bill.

Welcome to the board, and thanks for the info on the BACTS fleet. Paratransit is difficult for most people to get info on because of its unscheduled nature, and most people just pay attention to the conventional fleets. It's also great to have a member from Barrie to update us on all the happenings.

FYI, you need to sign up to be a Wiki Editor. Drop a line in this thread and one of the admins will set your account up. For now I've added your info to the Barrie Transit page.

I think there's probably 4 buses on order (1 to replace the Glider and 3 to replace the remaining VIs) so their fleet numbers would be 1201-1204. Seashore_518203 just saw the 3rd unit being delivered, perhaps the first 2 have already been delivered. They also don't necessarily deliver them in order, if the 3rd frame is completed first then it'll be shipped out first.

Fortunately my neurologist authorized my use of BACTS at a time where fares were being streamlined so I can use my monthly pass on BACTS and Barrie Transit. When I saw the detailed roster I tried to fill in the gaps. I don't have any details about older (former) vehicles, only the current fleet whose numbers represent the missing numbers for BT. It appears 1104 is used exclusively for the GO shuttle but it is not the only bus used - sometimes a standard New Flyer bus is used.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.barrie.ca.../GoTransit.aspx

A note of interest:

[/size][/font][/color]

They are finally using a new easier numbering system! I also see they have no means to change their livery...

It appears this way. There are two new XD40s as of this week. #1201 was seen as the Kempenfest shuttle bus and I have been informed that a 1202 also exists. The BACTS driver informed me that they will be getting several new vehicles as well but I haven't seen them yet.

It appears this way. There are two new XD40s as of this week. #1201 was seen as the Kempenfest shuttle bus and I have been informed that a 1202 also exists. The BACTS driver informed me that they will be getting several new vehicles as well but I haven't seen them yet.

Thanks for the update. There should be 3 XD40s (1201, 1202, & 1203) for this order. Also keep an eye out for 2 ElDorado EZ Rider 35' BRTs that should be arriving shortly!

• 4 weeks later...

Saw an Eldorado EZ-Rider BRT passing by on Hwy 401 east this morning! The sign shows 11 Bayfield, all white with black paint trim and no rear dest. sign. This obviously is heading to City View dealer first before final delivery comes to Barrie!

Saw an Eldorado EZ-Rider BRT passing by on Hwy 401 east this morning! The sign shows 11 Bayfield, all white with black paint trim and no rear dest. sign. This obviously is heading to City View dealer first before final delivery comes to Barrie!

30ft or 35ft? Thanks~~~

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In regards to 65400, this comment was left on my youtube channel:

Can anyone verify this?

I was riding with one of my driver friends yesterday, and he told me that 65400 was in service as recently as two weeks ago. While I was riding, I saw Orion VI 65098 in service either on the College or St. Vincent, and 64297 was in the garage in the space where the Eldorados were parked. According to my friend, 64297 normally does the Saunders route.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Confirmed: With 1204 now in service, 65400 is officially retired. Caught 1204 doing 32 Bayview last night. Saunders was, as usual, 64297.

I'm glad it's gone.But the El Dorado buses are awful. I suppose, after reading the manufacturer's literature that those of us with mobility aids are supposed to board from the back door. I have never seen this done, however and it is a VERY tight squeeze for my walker between the front seats.

One. Bus 1104, which runs exclusively on the 61 GO Shuttle.

This is not totally true. Today 1104 was running on the BACTS (paratransit) network and it came to pick me up for my ride. The driver explained that a few of the BACTS (Ford and Girardin) vehicles were in for repair so the Arboc 1104 was enlisted. That was helpful for me since it has a ramp for me to use whereas I often have to use my cane to climb the two steps. But it still gets me door to door which is helpful in winter weather.

A friend of mine picked up a new August 2007 Ride Guide from Barrie Transit.

I just have one question ... why is a photo of a RTS on the cover ?? Don't some of these people who work for transit systems know what type of buses they have in their fleet?

You never know with those guys. A while back they marketed a "High School Power Pass" showing a girl on some transit bus - it showed the interior and sure enough it wasn't from any bus EVER to be operated in Barrie.

• 2 months later...

Essa Township is close to formalizing an agreement for transit service with Barrie and Base Borden...

Simcoe.com 16 April 2013

ESSA TWP - Wednesday night Essa council will have the chance to review the draft agreement of its long anticipated transit partnership with the City of Barrie and Canadian Forces Base Borden.

Council will use the April 17 meeting to offer their final comments on the agreement, which if approved could see bus service begin by Aug. 17.