CPTDB Wiki was recently upgraded! It is unavailable to edit while we sort out character encoding issues for our French pages. Please report any other issues here.

MCI102A3

Barrie Transit

2 hours ago, CaptainTransit_4488 said:

Just came back from refurb looks like. 

20180120_112131_wm.jpg

Thanks for the update. Will be sure to lookout for this in the next few days.

Knowing that it will be pretty identifiable because it is the only XD40 in the fleet with the new rebranding. Hopefully it will go well so that others go for the same treatment.

Mid-life cycle refurbishment. 

Saw an old Eldorado from Midland Transit travelling eastbound on Big Bay Point near Welham garage and SN Diesel this afternoon headed towards Yonge Street, but unfortunately I couldn't get a number or a photo as I was in a car at the time.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:29 PM, CaptainTransit_4488 said:

20180120_112131_wm.jpg

That isn't a refurb for sure. Must have just been re-done with new stripes.

On 2018-01-21 at 4:29 PM, CaptainTransit_4488 said:

20180120_112131_wm.jpg

1202 was just out on the 3A/3B now as of writing (3A Georgian Drive at 9:22 PM). 

Haven't seen the interior yet. Only significant difference is the exterior which I think everyone notices the rebranding effort going on. 1706 to 1713 have the new livery. 

On 2018-03-03 at 7:44 PM, MCI102A3 said:

1709's back on the road. Saw it tonight doing the 4 at Barrie South.

No pics yet, but I intend to get some soon.

Just saw it today. Not sure if they replaced it or repaired it.

Especially when it doesn't have a scratch too. 

1 minute ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Just saw it today. Not sure if they replaced it or repaired it.

Especially when it doesn't have a scratch too. 

The VIN and build plate will tell.

Hopefully it's not too off-topic, but has anybody seen that Arboc for sale at Loan Arranger on Innisfil Street? 

I wonder where it originally came from and who operated it previously? 

49 minutes ago, MCI102A3 said:

Hopefully it's not too off-topic, but has anybody seen that Arboc for sale at Loan Arranger on Innisfil Street? 

I wonder where it originally came from and who operated it previously? 

This bus is actually listed on their website here.

Looking at the photos closely you can notice the impressions left from the decals above the front windshield 'mobility service' (specifically this image) and the placement of the wheelchair logo. Based on this I would guess it to be one of Guelph Transit 30-32 which were retired. For reference here's a photo of Guelph 31 on flickr showing the mobility service decal mentioned.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Silly Tilley said:

This bus is actually listed on their website here.

Looking at the photos closely you can notice the impressions left from the decals above the front windshield 'mobility service' (specifically this image) and the placement of the wheelchair logo. Based on this I would guess it to be one of Guelph Transit 30-32 which were retired. For reference here's a photo of Guelph 31 on flickr showing the mobility service decal mentioned.

Correct. They were retired early this year.

Was on the 5A Blake yesterday (66804) which had a new Luminator Horizon keypad. Similar to what the Novas have. That one had an older keypad (the one where it is just simply the older text input).

Haven't checked the other D40LFs and not sure about the XD40 buses (they are designed differently especially where they are formatted).

Here is the Wiki reference to what I am talking about:

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Luminator_Horizon

Final comments:

It is a lot more automated since the next stop announcement system changes the destination signs automatically without manual input of codes other than the PR codes (such as detour, Happy Canada Day, etc.). Though I also think that it could also be an overhaul on the older buses to be better consistent with the Novas when programming in new changes such as routes too. Wanting to ensure the same platform for all buses. 

21 hours ago, danmackay said:

Just saw it now. The Route 8 late night or what I call early morning is more to service the college students after the bars close. Only running on Friday and Saturday.

Similar to the arrangement that Grand River Transit has running Route 91 between Wilfred Laurier University and University of Waterloo. Which those students pay into the universal bus pass in exchange for the late evening/early morning service. 

Along with Route 17 for Queen's University in Kingston. Not sure if the students there pay for a universal bus pass or the city just provided it out of interest.

Route 100:

It will be interesting on how this will work out. Though, the challenge is the 45 minute frequency. One round trip takes about 45 minutes which requires two buses to maintain if talking about the full route (between downtown to Kozlov). Where as only between downtown and the college, it would take 20 minutes one way requiring just one bus. 

Though 75 minutes frequency with the extension, I could probably take a regular route that runs every 30 minutes. Though it also depends on the time of day too and when the next departure is arriving too of course. 

Final comments:

Benefits of the universal bus pass. To fund service expansions like this. Hopefully they are considering some more expansion units since it will be interesting how September works out and if it can handle the loads. Understanding that Route 100 is to supplement route 8A/B northbound. 

On top of how last year, they started their rebranding campaign with 1706 to 1713 with new livery. 67004 and 1202 are also rebranded with new livery. 

The new route map and schedule format has been rolled out into a more condensed format:

https://www.barrie.ca/Living/Getting Around/BarrieTransit/Pages/SchedulesMaps.aspx

Which is nice considering it displays information for the major stops along with an easier to find map. Saw it originally with only routes 1, 2, 11 and 100. Now on all routes to maintain consistency.

Final comments:

It is interesting how the 12:50 AM trip will only be the 8B-NB Crosstown. Then switch at the downtown terminal as 8A-NB RVH at 1:50 AM. Especially when it can be a bit confusing to understand doing two different branches. I am aware that evening/Sunday service, the branch changes for all trips coming from Park Place. 

But to be honest, for those looking to get home and don't care about the trip time as long as they get to their final destination, this is beneficial. 

Ontario Northland has a 12:01 AM trip from Toronto stopping in Barrie at 1:30 AM 7 days/week. The last two times I took it, there were a few people who got off, but taken their own way such as taxi to their final destination completing their trip. Will be interesting how it works out. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

The new route map and schedule format has been rolled out into a more condensed format:

https://www.barrie.ca/Living/Getting Around/BarrieTransit/Pages/SchedulesMaps.aspx

Which is nice considering it displays information for the major stops along with an easier to find map. Saw it originally with only routes 1, 2, 11 and 100. Now on all routes to maintain consistency.

Final comments:

It is interesting how the 12:50 AM trip will only be the 8B-NB Crosstown. Then switch at the downtown terminal as 8A-NB RVH at 1:50 AM. Especially when it can be a bit confusing to understand doing two different branches. I am aware that evening/Sunday service, the branch changes for all trips coming from Park Place. 

But to be honest, for those looking to get home and don't care about the trip time as long as they get to their final destination, this is beneficial. 

Ontario Northland has a 12:01 AM trip from Toronto stopping in Barrie at 1:30 AM 7 days/week. The last two times I took it, there were a few people who got off, but taken their own way such as taxi to their final destination completing their trip. Will be interesting how it works out. 

Hi GTAmissions1, how do the new route maps and schedule look in your opinion? Any suggestions to improve them?

14 hours ago, BarrieBus said:

Hi GTAmissions1, how do the new route maps and schedule look in your opinion? Any suggestions to improve them?

I think the route and schedules are nice. Though, would be nice to have the standalone map instead. I literally just downloaded the remaining maps where possible before the changeover to the new format.

For the 8A/8B trips originating from Park Place on evenings and Sundays, they did also have a colour code indicating that the branch will change. Which has been going on since July 27, 2014 when the merger of Routes 8 and 10 took place. Previously, it didn't display this information since not everyone knows that every :20 on the hour is 8B and every :50 is the 8A. Which I always try to communicate this information that it is ONLY Park Place trips, people should be concerned about and make alternative arrangements if they are in a rush.

They also have a colour code for the late night loop. So far, my experience is positive. 

Here is the new Route 100 sign along with a paper sign affixed indicating Route 100 stops. Haven't been along the route, but it is most likely the supervisor affixed the paper just today. Along with changing the platform sign on both downtown terminal and Georgian College.

Route 100 starts on September 4th operating only on weekdays. Late night loop starts on September 7th running only on Friday and Saturday. 

Took this on my iPhone 8 Plus being in both portrait mode and high dynamic range (HDR). Pretty clear shot I will admit blurring out the background and focusing on the main objects here. 

IMG_0862.jpg

21 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Here is the new Route 100 sign along with a paper sign affixed indicating Route 100 stops. Haven't been along the route, but it is most likely the supervisor affixed the paper just today. Along with changing the platform sign on both downtown terminal and Georgian College.

Route 100 starts on September 4th operating only on weekdays. Late night loop starts on September 7th running only on Friday and Saturday. 

Took this on my iPhone 8 Plus being in both portrait mode and high dynamic range (HDR). Pretty clear shot I will admit blurring out the background and focusing on the main objects here. 

IMG_0862.jpg

LOL pretty small paper sign they put up.. I have a galaxy s5 I get just a clear pics

On 8/30/2018 at 5:25 PM, GTAmissions1 said:

IMG_0862.jpg

Any initial experiences with this express route 100? Is it fast/slow/good/bad? 

1 hour ago, BarrieBus said:

Any initial experiences with this express route 100? Is it fast/slow/good/bad? 

I have taken the Route 100. So far I think it is positive especially servicing only 9 stops versus around 20 plus stops with 8A-NB.

On top, the timing it takes is roughly around 18 minutes tops. That is a pretty good timing. Though I wish there was more uptake since some people are probably not aware or the frequency being 45 minutes/75 minutes being the major turn off. 

If they added another bus, then I think there will be more consistency. Though it has only been three days. Will take time for the demand to build especially when it is picking off riders from the Route 8. Especially between 2:30 PM to 6 PM, two regular buses would have went by in 75 minutes depending on where you are of course. But, the universal bus pass program guarantees this route and the late night loop for the next three years. 

IMG_0888.jpg

• Like 1