Barrie Transit

today's update:

both ex-Woosh Fort McMurray's D40LF 1937 and 1938 were spotted in service, while only 1 loaner Orion VI, 9810 is on the road, at the garage 9840 and 9841 were inside the barn, together with the WIFI Nova 9001, 9829 were sitting outside right beside the hoist area. The 2nd Nova ex-OC 9739 were not spotted anywhere at the garage but it could be on the road somewhere.

regarding to the very first batch of Barrie's D40LF 661-665, i spotted 662 at MTB on Sunday with all the side panels removed, looks like it's getting a refurbish soon.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the new 2020 NovaBus LFS, just arrived Monday! Not sure how many we are getting this time around, right now we have 2, 2001/2002 with rumour that we're getting 4 more but I can't be sure! Got a

Cimon8000 I got to drive this bus today for training. Drives very very nice!! Very smooth and pretty quick pick up. Taken in the garage before we left for the day. 

Just got back from the Barrie Fair shuttle with a couple friends. 1703 was our bus. Unlike the 2012 and 2013 routes where the bus took Essa Road to 20th Sideroad, this year because of the closure at A

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Nova 1501 was seen coming through Port Hope this morning around 10:00 on route to Barrie

Thanks for the update. A good start of the new buses coming.

The sooner they come with these 15xx buses, the better since they can reduce the reliance on rental buses.

Went by SN Diesel at Churchill again today and there are about two to three buses still waiting for work to be completed on them. Not sure if it is repair work or getting the certification from the Ministry of Transportation before going back on the road in revenue service.

Just got a photo of the new "next stop announcement system" on 1403 which was on the 8A Yonge Southbound from the college.

The bus is finished for the day. I did take a photo which the fare box contractor looks like is installing their own equipment to ensure compatibility with their fareboxes which I don't have the touchscreen closer to the driver which when I do, I hope to get a photo of that and share.

The stops are not programmed into the new system yet. It will just show the day and time. When they are finally programmed in, then it will call out stops.

EDIT: I saw it on 1404 too. Can't confirm the others 1401 and 1402. When I can, I will update.

IMG_7735.jpg

Cimon8000, I've been having quite the winning streak with the Novas.

I believe there's still four Orions in service, I've gotten both Novas on multiple rides this week (rode 9001 on Tuesday and rode 9739 three days in a row), and both of the ex-Fort Mac units are still running.

Cimon8000, I've been having quite the winning streak with the Novas.

I believe there's still four Orions in service, I've gotten both Novas on multiple rides this week (rode 9001 on Tuesday and rode 9739 three days in a row), and both of the ex-Fort Mac units are still running.

Ok great thx for the update :-)

I just seen 9823 (Orion bus) out on the 8B-NB at 10:30 AM and the 8A-SB had a Nova just a few minutes when I was going down Cundles.

Saw 1402 which was on the 8A Yonge Southbound. Now, they are recoding the destination sign to say 8A-SB Yonge/Southbound. This was 2:50 PM at the downtown terminal. I don't have any pictures of the destination sign, but if I do see it again, I will try to take a photo.

On the side destination sign, it will just say 8A-SB Yonge. I didn't see any other buses with 8A-SB Yonge/Southbound other than 1402. There were a mix of D40LFs and XD40s along with the Orion and Nova bus on the Route 8. Maybe they will recode all of the destination signs to a more standard one instead of having different wording. Something like:

8A-NB RVH/Northbound

8A-SB Yonge/Southbound

8B-NB Crosstown/Northbound

8B-SB Essa/Southbound

I will be lookout if they rollout the new destination sign they had on 1402 and update if any additional buses got the new code.

I just seen 9823 (Orion bus) out on the 8B-NB at 10:30 AM and the 8A-SB had a Nova just a few minutes when I was going down Cundles.

Saw 1402 which was on the 8A Yonge Southbound. Now, they are recoding the destination sign to say 8A-SB Yonge/Southbound. This was 2:50 PM at the downtown terminal. I don't have any pictures of the destination sign, but if I do see it again, I will try to take a photo.

On the side destination sign, it will just say 8A-SB Yonge. I didn't see any other buses with 8A-SB Yonge/Southbound other than 1402. There were a mix of D40LFs and XD40s along with the Orion and Nova bus on the Route 8. Maybe they will recode all of the destination signs to a more standard one instead of having different wording. Something like:

8A-NB RVH/Northbound

8A-SB Yonge/Southbound

8B-SB Essa/Southbound

I will be lookout if they rollout the new destination sign they had on 1402 and update if any additional buses got the new code.

both Novas, and both ex-Fort McMurray D40LF were on the road last Friday 10/2, but no Orion VI in service. No sign of the new LFS at the garage yet, just spotted 9823 sitting at the back on that day.

Update on the 2015 Novas.

According to some drivers I've spoken to the past several weeks, there's one Nova at the yard on Welham doing training and the other three are at the City Works yard at Ferndale and Edgehill getting commissioned. I haven't had a chance to go by Ferndale, but anybody wants to see them, you could probably do a telephoto from the fence at the street if you have a good lens.

Update on the 2015 Novas.

According to some drivers I've spoken to the past several weeks, there's one Nova at the yard on Welham doing training and the other three are at the City Works yard at Ferndale and Edgehill getting commissioned. I haven't had a chance to go by Ferndale, but anybody wants to see them, you could probably do a telephoto from the fence at the street if you have a good lens.

great thx for the update, this should mark the ends of those loaner bus in the fleet

Some of the drivers I spoke to said that they'd prefer if a few of the loaners were kept, especially the Fort Macs, 9841, 9823 and the two LFS, as they're the best ones so far. 9810's okay, it runs good in regards to the suspension axles and engine, but could use work on the HVAC, while 9840 and 9829 are obviously duds, with 9829's total issues with the engine and running gear and 9840's vibrating steering wheel.

I think there'll be a few still running around here though regardless of the 2015s, since there's more buses that need repairs and the Novas only dent the shortage by four buses. The 2002s are still being rebuilt, so once they arrive that'll probably close the book on this era.

• 2 weeks later...

They just recoded the Route 8 destination signs which some buses have them, some haven't had the new route coding yet.

Here are the new destination signs for route 8:

8A-NB RVH/Northbound

8A-SB Yonge/Southbound

8B-SB Essa/Southbound

Personally, I wish they would have coded the Route 8 destination signs like this:

8A-NB RVH

8A-SB Yonge

8B-NB Crosstown

8B-SB Essa

My guess is why they included the route name and direction is possibly since some people don't know what NB or SB would mean.

I was downtown taking shots today and noticed those signs. They look kinda hackneyed tbh, like they could've made the "Northbound" legend a little more centred instead of the offside they have it now.

I think they'll fix it though. They seem to be pretty consistent with keeping them standardised and readable. Saw some other buses using the old programming too though.

On the note of the leasers, most of them are still here, lately I've been getting 9810 on my rides and saw 9823 yesterday. 9001 (Nova) was on the 5A-5B today and 1937 (Fort Mac D40LF) was on the 7 as I was heading into town.

I went to the Ghost Bus Tour event at Allandale Rec Centre (stop 2) tonight to see what they were using, and it's 66302 again.

I believe 663 may be the permanent vehicle for this tour for the time being. It was used last year, all the seats were taken out of it, and there were no plates on it. It'd be safe to assume that the City intends on keeping it for the next editions of this event as a permanent exhibit. I think it might've been towed there by Currie.

This event is in its second year now, I went to the first one last year when it stopped at Holly Rec Centre in the west end. Pictures are from tonight's event, before the official opening (10.26.2015).

IMG_6239RS.jpg

IMG_6240RS.jpg

IMG_6260RS.jpg

IMG_6254RS.jpg

I went to the Ghost Bus Tour event at Allandale Rec Centre (stop 2) tonight to see what they were using, and it's 66302 again.

I believe 663 may be the permanent vehicle for this tour for the time being. It was used last year, all the seats were taken out of it, and there were no plates on it. It'd be safe to assume that the City intends on keeping it for the next editions of this event as a permanent exhibit. I think it might've been towed there by Currie.

This event is in its second year now, I went to the first one last year when it stopped at Holly Rec Centre in the west end. Pictures are from tonight's event, before the official opening (10.26.2015).

wow interesting, i thought they are going to rebuild it...............

Went Downtown today, and saw brand new 2015 Nova numbered 1501 in service on the 1A-1B.

I haven't seen inside it yet, nor have I seen it drive, so I couldn't tell you what transmission or seats are in it. I do plan on finding out soon though.

I will say, the only thing they could've done better was add grey skirts to it like a proper Nova, the front and rear look stunning though, especially the rear.

IMG_6270RS.jpg

IMG_6273RS.jpg

I was on the Nova today and saw three out of the four today.

1501 and 1503 are on the 1A/1B right now.

1502 is on the 8A right now.

No sighting of 1504.

I have the photos of two of them today and an interior shot which isn't the best quality.

First saw 1502 at 6:35 AM on the 8A Yonge Southbound. 1501 was on the 1B downtown at 6:50 AM. 1503 was on 1A at around the same time which departed.

The seats inside are red except the accessibility seats are blue to indicate the seats are for the disabled.

Inside, there are two cameras and one drive cam. Currently, they have no AVLs or next stop announcement yet.