MCI102A3

Barrie Transit

1 hour ago, TTC 9701 said:

Sweet! Do you know how many there are this year?

The 04s are the ones being replaced. There are currently 13 of them in-service. 

Going back a few pages, 13 is the planned amount especially with federal government funding. Though, I don't know if that is a good idea replacing all 2004 D40LFs with 13 new 17xx Nova buses. Especially when they still work very well too (2004 D40LFs). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

The 04s are the ones being replaced. There are currently 13 of them in-service. 

Going back a few pages, 13 is the planned amount especially with federal government funding. Though, I don't know if that is a good idea replacing all 2004 D40LFs with 13 new 17xx Nova buses. Especially when they still work very well too (2004 D40LFs). 

Yeah, I really wanted to make the case for keeping the 04s back when the announcement was first made but didn't get very far. Quite a few drivers do agree with me that we should keep them though with a full rebuild, many have told me there's a lot of ergonomics issues with the current Novas for them.

Spotted 1704 at Allandale Go Station doing the 90B Angus-Borden run. No photos for this one since I was on another bus that time.

Final comments:

Some of the D40LFs are having some serious issues. Most notably the 2007 and 2009 D40LFs with exhaust and other flaws. Those ones should be the ones replaced since the cost to repair is most likely going to be more expensive versus purchasing new. 

The 2004 D40LFs don't have this issue. They still work well and even some units were still in-servce today. No 17xx buses I have spotted on the tracker out right now. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Spotted 1704 at Allandale Go Station doing the 90B Angus-Borden run. No photos for this one since I was on another bus that time.

Final comments:

Some of the D40LFs are having some serious issues. Most notably the 2007 and 2009 D40LFs with exhaust and other flaws. Those ones should be the ones replaced since the cost to repair is most likely going to be more expensive versus purchasing new. 

The 2004 D40LFs don't have this issue. They still work well and even some units were still in-servce today. No 17xx buses I have spotted on the tracker out right now. 

Yeah, the 07s and 09s seem to have the most issues. They seem to run rough and I even drove behind an 09 one day in a car on the way to the railway club I'm in and the smell of the bad exhaust regen seeped into the car with the windows closed.

The 04s and 06s are still very strong and smooth runners in spite of the way they've been treated over the past 13 years. I took a ride out to Angus with a friend last week and it was a smooth running bus, no funny noises or alarms whatsoever, but the body's seen better days.

1704 was spotted again on the 90 Angus-Borden run.

Not sure why they are utilizing that bus on a route that is barley used and better served by 1204 and 1205.

Still no sign of 1702, 1703 or anything higher past 1704.

I saw 1701 pulling out of Allandale Station this afternoon, I think it was NIS. Was in a taxi on the way somewhere else with my mom so I couldn't get any pics.

Took a ride out to Angus tonight and got some pics of 1704 for the record. Also have video of part of the trip.

This bus handled the highway and most of the bumps pretty good, but has her quirks. No GPS or stop announcements have been installed yet, while there was a nice new bus smell inside.

Engine and transmission's the same, seats are the same, sign's the same.

IMG_1014RS.jpg

IMG_1021RS.jpg

IMG_1010RS.jpg

IMG_1023RS.jpg

IMG_1014RS.thumb.jpg.2caeeb636ad1184edc87041f9bfaf427.jpg

IMG_1021RS.thumb.jpg.61f2aa3e383d727ecda5556d73f8cdfa.jpg

IMG_1010RS.thumb.jpg.6f9302b80d2beea2ba6da8519e936724.jpg

IMG_1023RS.thumb.jpg.c53c2974d3c43e3dd655b12c5ddde3c8.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, orionbus said:

Already damage... yikes.

Yeah, me and my friend noticed that when we were looking at it before we boarded and were wondering how it happened. Could've hit a curb perhaps with the longer-than-normal front overhang compared to say a NFI products? It's cosmetic anyhow, but still doesn't look too good when it's brand-new, the warranty'll probably take care of it, but the optics are probably a minor embarassment.

Has anybody possibly heard of any Novas from Brampton or somewhere else in the 905 being recently sold to Barrie at all?

I was at the model railway club tonight getting our new digs set up and one of the members claims to have spotted an older-looking Brampton unit, a Nova on the 400 heading towards Barrie when he was driving back home from the city. It apparently had markings saying ''under delivery to Barrie Transit'' or something like that he said as well. I was gonna get my friend and I to drive by the yard and SN tonight to see if they were in the yard, but we didn't have time and it's getting dark now anyways. He only had a vague idea of what it looked like, it wasn't a 3G or 4G, it had a flat rear end with classic engine placement he said. My hunch is it's probs one of the 0633-0638 series, because they're the only ZF buses from that era in Brampton and we don't like Voith up here.

7 hours ago, MCI102A3 said:

Has anybody possibly heard of any Novas from Brampton or somewhere else in the 905 being recently sold to Barrie at all?

I was at the model railway club tonight getting our new digs set up and one of the members claims to have spotted an older-looking Brampton unit, a Nova on the 400 heading towards Barrie when he was driving back home from the city. It apparently had markings saying ''under delivery to Barrie Transit'' or something like that he said as well. I was gonna get my friend and I to drive by the yard and SN tonight to see if they were in the yard, but we didn't have time and it's getting dark now anyways. He only had a vague idea of what it looked like, it wasn't a 3G or 4G, it had a flat rear end with classic engine placement he said. My hunch is it's probs one of the 0633-0638 series, because they're the only ZF buses from that era in Brampton and we don't like Voith up here.

The LFS fleet in Brampton has many more years to go. I did hear that the Barrie fleet is holding pretty good now.

• Like 3

Drove past SN Diesel on Churchill tonight while out with the family and saw what appeared to be an all-white D40LF and some other buses as well. Wonder if that D40LF could be 1940 or 1937-1938?

I tried to look for that Nova  in there but couldn't see any. I only got a view for like 3 seconds and saw the D40LF and a couple other white transit-looking buses with black destos parked beside it. Driving past it there's tonnes of bush blocking a view of the lot from the road, I could draw my own hunches on why they never cleared it, but I think it's intentional.

Spotted 1701 in downtown as of 9:20 PM at the downtown terminal. 

It was also the last bus to do the last departure for 8A-NB RVH finishing at 12:50 AM. Still has the old route code too for all routes. 

Even after a few weeks, the destination signs on the 17xx buses still haven't had their reprogramming done.

1704 was out on the 8B-NB Crosstown at 8:20 PM. It wouldn't do the automated change which required a manual input to get the correct message out. 

It simply will say 8B Crosstown Northbound with the side destination To Anne Via Yonge.

With the Via message on the side for all routes. 

1 hour ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Even after a few weeks, the destination signs on the 17xx buses still haven't had their reprogramming done.

1704 was out on the 8B-NB Crosstown at 8:20 PM. It wouldn't do the automated change which required a manual input to get the correct message out. 

It simply will say 8B Crosstown Northbound with the side destination To Anne Via Yonge.

With the Via message on the side for all routes. 

I was there when 1704 showed up, my pic was blurry though.

Was waiting for my ride home from the model railway club with a driver I know. She switched off 1204 for 68506. Managed to get pics of everything that was parked though, including 1701.

http://essaagriplex.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2017_PUBLIC_Schedule_Barrie_Fair_web.pdf

For the first time in I believe four years, Barrie Transit I believe is running a shuttle to the Barrie Fair out in Essa Township.

Back in 2012 I rode the very first departure of this run, 60109 was the bus assigned to it, and the video's on YouTube.

Wondering if maybe a few of the local fans from Barrie would like to tag along and plan a meet-up? Back in 2012 when I did my trip I was able to get photos at the fair end of the route, and video of the whole route. I find it best to take the first trip of these things, as there's no crowds and the venue isn't busy, meaning that when one wants to get pics at the venue, at those times you usually can.

I can organise an event page on that new feature this board has if anybody's interested? The best time I believe would be the Friday at the first 10:00 trip.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MCI102A3 said:

http://essaagriplex.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2017_PUBLIC_Schedule_Barrie_Fair_web.pdf

For the first time in I believe four years, Barrie Transit I believe is running a shuttle to the Barrie Fair out in Essa Township.

Back in 2012 I rode the very first departure of this run, 60109 was the bus assigned to it, and the video's on YouTube.

Wondering if maybe a few of the local fans from Barrie would like to tag along and plan a meet-up? Back in 2012 when I did my trip I was able to get photos at the fair end of the route, and video of the whole route. I find it best to take the first trip of these things, as there's no crowds and the venue isn't busy, meaning that when one wants to get pics at the venue, at those times you usually can.

I can organise an event page on that new feature this board has if anybody's interested? The best time I believe would be the Friday at the first 10:00 trip.

If you go get some Campbell Amusements shots for me thanks

• Like 1

Oh, yeah, for sure I'll get some shots for you. :) Probably gonna do a couple separate trips, the Friday at 10:00 AM is strictly a bus trip, and then later on I might actually attend the fair itself.

• Like 1

One of my friends in town says he saw an 04 D40LF driving on Mapleview with no ads on her and appeared to have fresh paint. Anybody know how that happened? Rebuild perhaps?

I plan to go hunting for it tonight while at the model railway club, but if anybody can confirm it, I think this would be good news for the 04s. :)

20 minutes ago, danmackay said:

Can confirm as I was on it briefly and also has new seats and a grey floor 

Edit 674 was the bus

What route is it running right now? I'm gonna be heading downtown shortly so I'll look for it.