D60LFR's

BCT-3122-D800-10240

18 minutes ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

OMG!  They let you drive buses back then?!  Dayum!

It is hard to believe these first 6 Articulated buses in the fleet are now more than 10 years old! I now call them the rumblers and finally got to drive one after over 2 years!   That was fun!  But it needs A/C !!

Here's a photo from back in June 2007 while on a training run:

190607-4129ct6003.jpg

I can't believe it either. I was the only one on the bus that didn't know where I was going.

It's also been 10 years since they introduced the new livery on the C train and then applied it to those articulated buses!

1 hour ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

OMG!  They let you drive buses back then?!  Dayum!

It is hard to believe these first 6 Articulated buses in the fleet are now more than 10 years old! I now call them the rumblers and finally got to drive one after over 2 years!   That was fun!  But it needs A/C !!

Here's a photo from back in June 2007 while on a training run:

190607-4129ct6003.jpg

Those bus is 10 year old, but those bus just so nice, If the have air conditioner that will be perfect!

Calgary Transit D60LFR Come With ISM engine, that is a good idea, those bus have bigger engine, The are way better than XD60, XD60 always underpower, You can feeling that. I agree If those bus rebuild or over haul again, they should put the air conditioner,  new joint, New suspension for middle axle, let those bus run other 10 year.

All the articulated bus should have bike rack.

• 4 years later...

Pardon the bump of this old conversation … but a question in another thread had me thinking about the fate of the oldest articulated buses in the fleet, which have been on the street for 14 years at this point. Is there any chance of these buses getting a midlife overhaul or perhaps even outright replaced? I know there's a surplus of 40-foot buses given the current service being offered and I wonder how that plays into things as well?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 10:00 AM, downbeat said:

Pardon the bump of this old conversation … but a question in another thread had me thinking about the fate of the oldest articulated buses in the fleet, which have been on the street for 14 years at this point. Is there any chance of these buses getting a midlife overhaul or perhaps even outright replaced? I know there's a surplus of 40-foot buses given the current service being offered and I wonder how that plays into things as well?

IMO they will probably need an overhaul soon, I've ridden almost all of the original 2007 LFR's and they could use some TLC for sure.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 10:00 AM, downbeat said:

Take a look closely at some of them, they have been re-skinning them over the past year or so.  Look at the lower left side of 6001 and 6023, you will see the difference by looking at the livery too. In other words, they have already been working on some refurbishing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Take a look closely at some of them, they have been re-skinning them over the past year or so.  Look at the lower left side of 6001 and 6023, you will see the difference by looking at the livery too. In other words, they have already been working on some refurbishing.

Wasn’t #6023 in an accident?

Thanks for the tips on cosmetic upgrades. I'll keep an eye open for that!

What about more significant mechanical work? I had always assumed this typically happens after 12-15 years … although I know some transit agencies don't bother with refurbishing articulated buses and end up outright retiring them at that point.

14 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Take a look closely at some of them, they have been re-skinning them over the past year or so.

6008 as well... I even recall seeing a few of the 6040s with white panels as well.

It is worth mentioning that these panel refurbishments are not unique to the D60LFRs.  Many of the late-2005s and 2007s have been seen with fresh new panels throughout 2021.

14 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

I was wondering why I kept seeing D60LFR's around with large white sections around the wheelwells & lower body. I assume if they've put in the work for cosmetic refurb they'll get to the interior & mechanicals in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...

If you look at the side decals of 6005, you can see that they were recently redone.  Kinda looks weird since the colours don't exactly match but the new decals do look extremely crisp!  6028 still has some white panels on the drivers side of the vehicle.

Calgary Transit 6005 10-26-21.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...