LA Transit - Lethbridge, Alberta

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Nice pics Jason. If you can get more, don't hesitate. Interesting about the rear destination sign being on the left hand side of the rear window, just like the BC Transit unit I saw at Trans-Expo last November. :)

Yep, I'm certainly going to try the next time I'm down there. I had to go chase that one a bit to catch that shot, I noticed it off in the distance as I was coming into the city and tried to get a shot of it as it came towards me but that one didn't work so I had to loop around and chase it through a residential area in West Lethbridge almost getting myself lost in the process.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spent a few hours in Lethbridge yesterday with a couple of other board members. A few notes on the fleet..

The following GM and MCI Classics are still in operation and mainly used on School extras: GM Classic #'s 128, 129, MCI Classic #'s 130, 132, 133, 134. #131 is parked out of service outside the building.

No Fishbowls left on the property, but we did find Ex-Lethbridge Transit 1973 GM T6H-5307N #114 in an industrial area. Will post an image of that bus at a later time. Got to see 4 out of 5 of the new Nova's in service and I must say, they look pretty nice in that newer livery now being used.

080610-9845lethbridge168.jpg

Got to see 4 out of 5 of the new Nova's in service and I must say, they look pretty nice in that newer livery now being used.

They do look pretty nice. Can't wait to see Calgary's Novas shortly. There are 2 weird things about the destination signs on Lethbridge's LFS. Why is the side destination sign mounted at the bottom of the window instead of the top? And the rear one on the left instead of right?

• Board Admin

The lower side destination sign is a Lethbridge spec - their New Flyers have it like that too. The only reason I can think of for it is added visibility maybe for the driver, but I have only seen maybe 1 or 2 other places that had signs placed there.

As for the rear sign, I haven't a clue.

The lower side destination sign is a Lethbridge spec - their New Flyers have it like that too. The only reason I can think of for it is added visibility maybe for the driver, but I have only seen maybe 1 or 2 other places that had signs placed there.

As for the rear sign, I haven't a clue.

I don't think so, it's not for drivers visibility. You have passengers that never look up the side sign, so putting below is interesting.

As of the rear sign, if your standing an rear pass. angle, you can see the sign better. The center rear sign works too but that's Lethbridge specs.

Trivia

A source at LA transit mentioned that the new livery was designed and provided by Novabus.

Apparently LA transit said... 'what can you do with our colours?" and Novabus did the rest.

That would explain why it looks like a Novabus demo bus paint scheme..

• 2 months later...