M. Parsons

ETS History

2001 was retired in around 1998-1999 with 2010 acquired in 1997. My first encounter with 2010 was September 1999, but, I believe 2001 was gone quite sometime before. Really suspect it was 1998. I never did see 2001 in person with ETS (that I recall) but do remember seeing (of all things) 2001 being used as a prop (ie someone standing nexxt to it) for something to do with fire extinguishers on the 6:00 news. Why that was at DLM is beyond me, but, it was.

8 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

2001 was retired in around 1998-1999 with 2010 acquired in 1997. My first encounter with 2010 was September 1999, but, I believe 2001 was gone quite sometime before. Really suspect it was 1998. I never did see 2001 in person with ETS (that I recall) but do remember seeing (of all things) 2001 being used as a prop (ie someone standing nexxt to it) for something to do with fire extinguishers on the 6:00 news. Why that was at DLM is beyond me, but, it was.

How long did ERRS have it?

Edit: I see that section on BARP is back up and running

3 hours ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

How long did ERRS have it?

Edit: I see that section on BARP is back up and running

Until May 15, 2014

ets2001-Sept1981-02202019003.jpg

• Like 1

Here is some information about 2010 displayed at the LRT 40th Anniversary.

IMG_5364.jpg

• Like 1

My aunt (born 1967) recalls a time when she rode an old bus with manually-operated doors. When she complained to the driver, they responded with, "This bus is older than you are, and will likely outlive you, too."

Considering this would have been in the late-1980's to the mid-1990's, what models would have been in service then?

10 minutes ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

My aunt (born 1967) recalls a time when she rode an old bus with manually-operated doors. When she complained to the driver, they responded with, "This bus is older than you are, and will likely outlive you, too."

Considering this would have been in the late-1980's to the mid-1990's, what models would have been in service then?

Manual doors could have been a TDH-5301, TDH-5303, TDH-4521, or T6H-4523N. 531 was off the road in November 2001.

• Thanks 1

I remember getting one a few times in high school.  Took forever to unload with the single exit rear door.  At least it wasn't a bifold door that ate backpacks etc though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awstott said:

At least it wasn't a bifold door that ate backpacks etc though!

Another story my mom tells is of a Halloween back in 1982. A girl had a cat costume on (with sewn on tail), and it got caught in the door. She apparently got dragged by the bus until it ripped off

On 6/7/2019 at 1:43 AM, Imgursdownvote4love said:

Another story my mom tells is of a Halloween back in 1982. A girl had a cat costume on (with sewn on tail), and it got caught in the door. She apparently got dragged by the bus until it ripped off

In 1980 an elderly woman was dragged to death when her bag got caught in a bifold door, which at that time were gate-operated. They were later changed to driver control.

• Like 1