Sign in to follow this  
James

What is this world coming too?!

545 this afternoon i got to subway adn there was a distraught father with other people around, and he just had his son taken out of his van. I just cant figure out this. in broad daylight someone stole his kid. Like what the hell.

I arrived before the police were even there so he was messed up pretty bad. Being a dad of a 4 year old, i cant imagine nor do i want to imagine what he is going through but i have to say, just seeing the after effects has really upset me and i find i am very distraught.. i just can't figure out how someone can do this.

Sorry i know a lot don't want to hear about this but.. i just needed to get it out.

I tell ya i don't cry. I am a very strong person but i cant help but get tears in my eyes over this.

I understand how you feel. I wonder too with all the weird things that go on in the world today. Where are peoples morals?

criminals these days dont care.

its the slippery slope that starts with "here's a room of people who care" and ends with cold blooded murder. The world has lost it's respect for itself.

I hope all turns out well. I remember when my kid disappeared at the pool. He was fine, just stepped outside but I was looking all over for him. It was only a few moments, but the sheer panic is indescribable.

I didn't see anything on the news tonight about it yet.. i'm just hoping that means it was something with parents or family involved..

I have to say even though i didnt see the actual incident, coming up on it moments after is just as bad.

Despite the fear of such occurences, the fact is that they are rare, and generally the result of a domestic custody battle. Then there is the regular incident of some deranged or barren woman who walks out of a hospital with someone else's infant. :blink:

It is not new, however. Kids have been snatched for thousands of years, of course, but our overly-competitive news reporting has too often sensationalized this into seeming like an "epidemic"--which it is not.

What I do find disturbing is the growing trend of "human trafficking" worldwide. There is a market for everything, it seems--involving mostly third world youth being bought and sold.

However, The media tends to go overboard, irresponsibly contributing to the paranoia by making it somehow "wrong" to even watch kids playing at local events, parks, and schoolyards--as if they could somehow read "evil intent" in people's minds.

More policing? So, then how do we know what the police themselves are "fantasizing" about? Even our trusted firefighters have been starting fires of late!

The day the "Thought Police" take over, our society will indeed have degenerated back to the Dark Ages. :ph34r:

Despite the fear of such occurences, the fact is that they are rare, and generally the result of a domestic custody battle. Then there is the regular incident of some deranged or barren woman who walks out of a hospital with someone else's infant. :blink:

It is not new, however. Kids have been snatched for thousands of years, of course, but our overly-competitive news reporting has too often sensationalized this into seeming like an "epidemic"--which it is not.

What I do find disturbing is the growing trend of "human trafficking" worldwide. There is a market for everything, it seems--involving mostly third world youth being bought and sold.

However, The media tends to go overboard, irresponsibly contributing to the paranoia by making it somehow "wrong" to even watch kids playing at local events, parks, and schoolyards--as if they could somehow read "evil intent" in people's minds.

More policing? So, then how do we know what the police are "fantasizing" about? Even our trusted firefighters have been starting fires of late!

The day the "Thought Police" take over, our society will indeed have degenerated back to the Dark Ages. :ph34r:

49.9% of the population thinks that everyone is out to get their kids

49.9% of the population things that nothing bad will ever happen to their kids

00.1% of the population wants to get peoples kids

and only 00.1% of the population is smart enough to realize its not a simple black-and-white issue, and that SOME people MIGHT be out to get their kids.