In town without my car

Matt Demers

I almost forgot to post this, but good thing I remembered. Montreal is hosting "in town without my car" day once again. Last year they had STM's 25-238 and RTL's 20107 on display with free stuff given out. I don't think I can go, but maybe if I call in work and say I'm sick... :P

Info page in English: http://www.amt.qc.ca/comm/enville06/info_en.asp

I almost forgot to post this, but good thing I remembered. Montreal is hosting "in town without my car" day once again. Last year they had STM's 25-238 and RTL's 20107 on display with free stuff given out. I don't think I can go, but maybe if I call in work and say I'm sick... :lol:

Info page in English: http://www.amt.qc.ca/comm/enville06/info_en.asp

This is great, I don't have school that day. :P

Where do they have stuff on display and will there be a repeat of last year with the buses? I really hope so!

For the people that went, how was it? What buses were on display?

It was pretty good, David, Matt, and I went. The buses that were on display were STM's 26-062 and RTL's 20102. 26-062 had a complete ad wrap of Conduite Eco. This year the transit buses were located at Place Des Arts. I really was hoping for a 2006 AG300 but that didn't happen. :P But atleast I got to see a new 26!

We got the exclusive access to things never seen! One being a look behind the Axion display board.

All in all it was great, didn't see much grass on Ste. Catherine though! It was all being taken up at 2:30.

It was pretty good, David, Matt, and I went. The buses that were on display were STM's 26-062 and RTL's 20102. 26-062 had a complete ad wrap of Conduite Eco. This year the transit buses were located at Place Des Arts. I really was hoping for a 2006 AG300 but that didn't happen. :P But atleast I got to see a new 26!

We got the exclusive access to things never seen! One being a look behind the Axion display board.

All in all it was great, didn't see much grass on Ste. Catherine though! It was all being taken up at 2:30.

I was hoping and expecting to see the sleek and sexy 2006 AG300's, but no success. :o

I got to see how the guy "log in" the farebox and then it automatically changed the destination sign too! Apparently, from what I gather, this feature is only available for 2002 LFS and newer. The bus smelt new and had 1550 KM on it. I sat in the driver's seat as well as other people. Very spacious! SMS joined us too while we explored the bus. STM gave out free coloring books (I know what colors I'll use for that first gen will be! :P) and pens, which are very nice pens by the way. Pictures come soon.

Also saw RTL's 20112. Wanted a 2006 and expecting it, but oh well. :o We had some fun hanging out on the bus, eh guys? :D RTL had a contest for a TRAM Zone 3, none of us won. It made us really disappointed when someone won right in front of us. :(

We also entered contests like the AMT one and got other free stuff from other booths. One booth offered a strange juice thing...uh I didn't drink that after David didn't like it. They were also giving out organic Stoneyfield's yogurts.

They also had the grass, but they rolled it up too fast. Why do it at 14h30 when the event closes at 15h30?! :P

We saw a demonstration for a 2004 Toyota Prius hybrid car. And traffic was a nightmare around the closed area. That's pretty much it.

Yup all in all it was a pretty good day, saw lots of interesting things, discovered new things about this 2006 late edition LFS, enjoyed learning about a Toyota Prius from personal experience from the owner, and much much more.

Luckily i got quite a few pics of the grass on SC with shots of the bay and mcds in the background before they began rolling it up and an incredible rate.

The kind CO also showed me all kinds of things i've been longing to see, as matt mentionned he was kind enough to show us behind the panel behind the Axion!!! I got a pic! He ONLY did that because we were bus fans and very knowledgable. HE also showed me how soon the drivers will be able to hook up a pom pilot (or similar) to a wire behind the seat and it will display all kinds of information about the bus in real time. The amount of fuel.. and much more technical data etc.

Can someone post the pic of 26-062 from today?

I got around to finally resizing them. My clumsiness named them wrong and now am too lazy to fix it. Oh well, here:

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1723/26062frontbx1.jpg (this is actually the rear)

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3007/26062rearfi1.jpg (this is actually the front)