JN HSR

Transit in the Media

Several more additions:

Various episodes of Mary Tyler Moore feature a number of Minneapolis Metro Transit Old Looks plus a few New Looks thrown in.

The TV movie pilot episode of Matlock features a scene inside a MARTA subway and within one of the downtown Atlanta stations.

Finally, several episodes of The Drew Carey Show feature Cleveland RTA Flxible Metros in their old white-with-red-and-orange-stripes livery, in fact, one is seen in the background in one shot in the "Cleveland Rocks" opening sequence between seasons 3 and 7 (1997-2002).

Here's another one: pretty much most of the first half of Beverly Hills Cop is set and mostly shot in Detroit, during the chase scene, 1978 DDOT RTS T8H-203 1523L is one of the vehicles shown to end up in the chase's path, prominently featuring advertisements for local radio station WDRQ (now a Nash FM station, I remember WDRQ had just completed some sort of makeover and was heavily advertising it at the time the chase scenes were shot).

At one point in Kissing a Fool, a CTA RTS can be seen in the background turning from eastbound Wacker Drive to northbound Wabash Avenue.

I know this might seem random but I'm watching the movie Speed and they have a GM Fishbowl in the movie, I was wondering which company does the bus belong to?

2 hours ago, Transitfan39 said:

I know this might seem random but I'm watching the movie Speed and they have a GM Fishbowl in the movie, I was wondering which company does the bus belong to?

Santa Monica Big Blue Bus.

The same movie also has a scene set on the then-incomplete Hollywood extension of the LACMTA Red Line subway.

On ‎2016‎-‎08‎-‎11 at 1:59 PM, 160 Downriver said:

Santa Monica Big Blue Bus.

The same movie also has a scene set on the then-incomplete Hollywood extension of the LACMTA Red Line subway.

Yeah I was wondering which bus company it was because it said "Santa Monica Intercity Bus Lines" in one scene with a close up on the back of the bus and side and when I googled it and looked on the wiki page it showed nothing in that name, and I was actually going to ask about the subway scene, do you know which station the scene starts when the bad guy hijacks the train?

TTC 80xx featured in Walk Off the Earth's song "Fifth Avenue". It's in the lyric video for those interested. Run #55.

Two buses featured in the Red Green show

First video: an HSR bus being converted into a camping trailer

Second video: a TTC bus being converted into a cigarette car

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Benton Harper said:

Agreed, cool ad, however transit55 is a much better app though...

I believe there's another ad or two ETS did like that. Based off of the Midtrafik ads. 

2 hours ago, Benton Harper said:

Agreed, cool ad, however transit55 is a much better app though...

It's only a cool ad because it copied a cool ad by Midtrafik. If it had been an original ETS ad, it would not be cool at all. ETS did have a top notch marketing department at one time, sadly that department tanked around the mid 80's after a couple key individuals left to ply their talents elsewhere.

I hope this hasn't been brought up already, but when I was busy searching for media of "Stop Requested" voice announcements, I came across this one-act play script:

www.hitplays.com/hp/scripts/samples/stoprequested=031609.pdf

It almost made me laugh to see the automated voice that irritates many bus riders suddenly being forgotten in the wake of patriotism!