Timmins Transit

Timmins Man

I rode on bus 08 -92 today on the Route 16 South Porcupine

I wish I rode on it but I did see it pull up at the terminal yesterday at 4:30 and it was Not in Service. When I saw it, it looked like it had been doing the 16. Am I correct in thinking that this is the first 2 of an 8 bus agreement over 5 years and we should be receiving two more sometime later on in 2009?

On another note I finally picked up my December bus pass (because I have been sick all week) and noticed that the background picture is FINALLY an actual older Timmins Transit bus. November's was a Halifax Transit bus, this month's is hard to tell which bus number it was but I know that it was one of the 40 foot (#46-51) on the 10 Melrose. Going through my photos of old buses that are retired behind the garage, only 1 bus had the number positioned uniquely on the side of the bus and that is #49.

I wish I rode on it but I did see it pull up at the terminal yesterday at 4:30 and it was Not in Service. When I saw it, it looked like it had been doing the 16. Am I correct in thinking that this is the first 2 of an 8 bus agreement over 5 years and we should be receiving two more sometime later on in 2009?

On another note I finally picked up my December bus pass (because I have been sick all week) and noticed that the background picture is FINALLY an actual older Timmins Transit bus. November's was a Halifax Transit bus, this month's is hard to tell which bus number it was but I know that it was one of the 40 foot (#46-51) on the 10 Melrose. Going through my photos of old buses that are retired behind the garage, only 1 bus had the number positioned uniquely on the side of the bus and that is #49.

It is bus 49

hey mike can u tell me where that bus is from on the Feb 08 bus pass

It is bus 49

hey mike can u tell me where that bus is from on the Feb 08 bus pass

The closest city that that livery fits with is Brockville but it's not enough of a match to be 100% positive. I looked through photos I have gathered over time from the net but I haven't seen any other bus in that paint scheme. This is one of the only months this year where I have not been able to figure out for sure where the bus in the background comes from. We've had a Chatam, Calgary, Brantford, Victoria, GO Transit, Guelph, Halifax, etc... but as far as February, I don't know. Does anyone at dispatch have any clues? I don't even know who is responsible for choosing the photo / making up the pass each month.

The closest city that that livery fits with is Brockville but it's not enough of a match to be 100% positive. I looked through photos I have gathered over time from the net but I haven't seen any other bus in that paint scheme. This is one of the only months this year where I have not been able to figure out for sure where the bus in the background comes from. We've had a Chatam, Calgary, Brantford, Victoria, GO Transit, Guelph, Halifax, etc... but as far as February, I don't know. Does anyone at dispatch have any clues? I don't even know who is responsible for choosing the photo / making up the pass each month.

The only way to tell is the front sign on what route it shows.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the notice on the bus today regarding the 16 South Porcupine route not serving Schumacher westbound when the 9 Schumacher route is running. It makes no sense to me as to why it won't be serving Schumacher. I can understand not serving Extendicare when going eastbound, but what are people going to do if they want to go from S. Porc. / Porc. to Schumacher and get off near Aura Lake Rd or the old St. Alphonsus church. They have to walk like 5 or more extra blocks and cross the busy highway by getting off at the Mac. I think it's a ridiculously stupid idea somebody had to save 1 minute of time. The S. Porcupine route is rarely late running so something like this is unnecessary. And as a sidenote, I wonder if the person who typed the notice proofread it first. There is something like 10 mistakes / typing errors that I noticed. The teacher in me wanted to correct it. I would be expecting more from an official notice released by the City of Timmins.

• 2 weeks later...
it appears that they have retired number 42 its outside in a snowbank of snow

Not surprising since they received 91 and 92 recently but I know that they are also short buses which is probably why 34 is still in service. I assume that 34 will be the next one on the chopping block once the 2 2009 Nova's arrive.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Timmins Transit has a new Nova Bus on the road it is numbered 09-93. It has a new paint scheme and is made different inside and out

Could you get some photos? Also, is it a 3rd gen. LFS (does it have redesigned rear)? Thanks!

EDIT: Scroll to page 10-11 to see their current fleet list. http://portal.timmins.ca/files/TI/docs/ti_...etstatement.pdf

It seems they received two new Novas this year, 09-93 and 09-94. Also, 42, 77, 78 (Fishbowls) and 83 (SLF) seems to have been retired.

Could you get some photos? Also, is it a 3rd gen. LFS (does it have redesigned rear)? Thanks!

EDIT: Scroll to page 10-11 to see their current fleet list. http://portal.timmins.ca/files/TI/docs/ti_...etstatement.pdf

It seems they received two new Novas this year, 09-93 and 09-94. Also, 42, 77, 78 (Fishbowls) and 83 (SLF) seems to have been retired.

yes it has a redesigned rear and bus 83 is out not retired yet

• 2 weeks later...
How many active New Looks do they have left? (Aug 20, 2009)

According to the fleet roster which I posted earlier, 3 units are active as of 2009:

- 34 (1975, T6H-4523N)

- 75 (1974, ex-Victoria, T6H-5308N)

- 84 (1975, ex-North Bay, T6H-4523N)

There are other New Looks listed on that list, however they have been retired and have 0.00 listed on the "2009 BUDGET" column.

According to the fleet roster which I posted earlier, 3 units are active as of 2009:

- 34 (1975, T6H-4523N)

- 75 (1974, ex-Victoria, T6H-5308N)

- 84 (1975, ex-North Bay, T6H-4523N)

There are other New Looks listed on that list, however they have been retired and have 0.00 listed on the "2009 BUDGET" column.

all the new looks are retired now

here is pictures of the new nova bus Timmins Transit has with the redesigned rear end

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG