Tranzit

Stupid commercials...

There was a really stupid commercial about 15 years ago that I was in. It was so fake that when it came on I couldn't watch. Got teased about it by my friends who would ask for my autograph and then laugh.

The Schwepps Ginger Ale commercial where the announcer keeps calling a guy named Steve who is about to consume the product as "Schteve".

• Like 1

Damn I agree with so many here.  Ads are, in general, disgusting.

The Vancity Bank commercial that first says it's sooo expensive to live in Vancouver and we all have student loans and live with our parents wah wah, but then says "naw it's totally worth it".  Ok... so why did you just spend 15 seconds telling us how terrible it is???  Nice.  As if that wasn't enough, it then blasts a terrible song that's so much louder than the rest of the commercial... at least learn how to normalize volume, it's called "technology" and is included in every music player in 2016...

Edit:  Ughhh marineland.  They've been using the same "song" for at least a decade, and they recently got the singer back and made new lyrics...  oy vey, my ears.  Everyone hates marineland T_T

• Like 1

The A JTI-Macdonald Corp. Initiative commercial for both side argument is stupid since it is so obvious that it is basis because they gave you the facts for only why Canada shouldn't do plain packing.  

On Youtube, they keep playing a Frosted Flakes commercials where two sports fans won't let their friend in out of the rain because they worry that it will ruin their team's winning streak. Tony the Tiger encourages them to keep not letting him inside.

Lately, I've discovered that the latest Mtn Dew Kickstart commercial is the "successor" to the Puppy Monkey Baby. This time, it involves a cat:

Do you know what's better (but not as amusing) than the "Freak Chain" commercial? The singing bear from the Freedom Mobile (formerly WIND Mobile):

As for the new "LTE" network that Freedom Mobile is promoting - sadly it uses a certain band (technically known as LTE Band 66), meaning that the current iPhone largely ignores this "key" band. As a result, this is what current WIND (ahem, Freedom) subscribers has to say about this: 

The McDonald's commercials with "Is a Big Mac with Bacon still a Big Mac" are stupid. It doesn't help that besides commercials and ads in the subway TTC wrapped at least TWO flexitys for the Big Mac with Bacon asking if a car on tracks is still a car.

For the burger, I say YES, it is a Big Mac. The streetcars are comparing apples to oranges.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2017 at 11:32 PM, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

The "Wayfair something something something something" commercial (advert). The tagline is catchy though.

Reminds me of the exitnow.ca radio ads..

That company has poor quality furniture, "Wayfair you got just what I need!!!", no not really, I don't buy tasteless furniture. It is most particle board or MDF.

That HP ad on the radio, when they start singing about being good to a printer; while playing the guitar. I feel like smashing my own radio.

That Capital One "hands in my pocket" TV ad keeps ringing in my ears despite encountering it when I was still in high school - maybe even before. Ironic to bring it up here considering how I just got approved for a guaranteed credit card from that bank many years later.

Edit: A Google Search quickly brought this up: 

32 minutes ago, ONQCBusFan said:

Does anyone remember the "Head On, Apply directly to the Forehead!" 

The tagline is not that good, especially when the brand name implies to put the product on your forehead already...

1 hour ago, Tom1122 said:

The radio commercial where an opera singer is singing "Shirt shirt shirt shirt" repeatedly.

Why would they sing that? Don't they have anything else better to sing? :D

The BMO advert on the telly that features two guys who "quarrel" with an e-transfer! There's also one American tourist(?) who stands in line and asks "What's going on?". A lady says, "It's a Canadian Standoff".

As for the two guys - talk about an "infinite loop"!

1 hour ago, justmarge said:

This video irrittates me.... Why did I even watch it??? 

How does it even work anyway? If it had any chance of being a good commercial, at least show how it ACTUALLY works.

Also, that just made the BANG sound stuck in my head. Great!

I have heard of a German energy drink maker who made a series of TV ads featuring so-called "jumpscares" to tell the user that "You’ve never been so awake". If you find it, though, please don't post it here because they are so stupid, despite making a point.