Stupid commercials...

Tranzit

Does anyone find the "Bigen Speedy" commercials - a bit dandy? Those ads used to be marketed on the Chinese ads in Canada but most recently - it is now marketed to the English-language crowd. Anyone in this board uses or heard about "Bigen Speedy"?

It's a hair colour. My mom used it at one time. Now she's using Clairol L'Image.

• 2 months later...

Two recent contenders:

The MIO Sport commecial that parody's "Eye of the Tiger" with "Eye of the squirter".

and the Mitsubitsi Outlander commercial where a guy compares his car to his neighbours' invisability cloak. The neighbour with the cloak feels inferior to his neighbour and his car.

Two recent contenders:

The MIO Sport commecial that parody's "Eye of the Tiger" with "Eye of the squirter".

We must not forget that Caramlik "Key to the secret" commercial recently - in which that grocery store cashier is doing some weird effect using a flashlight and some "weird" sounds...If you're confused, here's proof:

• 3 weeks later...

everytime i hear that radio ad for Bell whining about verizon buying mobilicity i want to vomit... so its okay for you guys to unfairly gouge us like theres no tommorow? but not okay that you guys will have to actual compete? (fyi changin your prices quickly, which you actually stated in your argument isnt healthy competion, its called price fixing) give me a break....

• 1 month later...

heard a pretty cheesy parody of the song "thrift store" by macklemore (which is already annoying on its own) advertising value village on the radio,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsUOMTSLUQE#t=14 i cant believe value village/savers actaully paid a agency to make this..... it sounds and looks like something some came up with on youtube for fun,

heard a pretty cheesy parody of the song "thrift store" by macklemore (which is already annoying on its own) advertising value village on the radio,

http://www.youtube.c...sUOMTSLUQE#t=14 i cant believe value village/savers actaully paid a agency to make this..... it sounds and looks like something some came up with on youtube for fun,

I heard it recently and to my sensitive ear - I just heard that there was an "F-bomb" on that radio ad! I haven't made a complaint as of yet but still, I'm worried that the people got easily offended by the "F" word!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There's one stupid commercial, or one I preceive to be that way. I could be wrong. (pardon the bump).

A guy who is constantly saying "no" to his TV as the weather report still shows rain for the rest of the week. He has about two or three buckets catching rain water that's leaking from the ceiling it appears like. This commercial is advertising for Money Mart. Ok, so he needs emergency cash for another bucket? Really?

Am I really ignorant or what's the message behind it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two more commercials:

1. The Subaru ads where a father who owns a Subaru takes their kid to their sporting event while everyone else has gone and proceeds to narrate their kid's play and the kid says "We're the only one here" Dude, seriously, if no one's there due to the weather/driving conditions get back into your "superior" Subaru and drive home!

2. The Fido ads with your BYOP (Bring your own phone) party Some dogs thought p ment pillow.

• 4 months later...

I've heard ads for the Liberals(?) saying that in Alberta grocery stores sell beer and 1/3 of people leaving are driving drunk as an effort to discourage Ontario for doing the same thing.

I don't drink, but those stats don't feel right and I'm calling bullsh!t on the commercial.

• 5 months later...

That Oka Chesse commercial that features a couple at an airport is just plain annoying. While it may look cute for some, I found out that it is annoying. Why? The guy was trying to take one of the finest cheese of Quebec (even though that the couple is visiting from out-of-province, but within Canada).

There's also an ad from the PC Financial World Elite MasterCard - that features a couple discussing on why that credit card benefits them.

Here's an ad of that FYI:

That ad I had showed to you - reminds of an ad from Hyundai - in which the "guys" of the three automakers (Japanese, German and American) were sneaking into a racetrack and one of them asks, "How does Hyundai do it?". Speaking of which, here is an Hyundai ad (that was first released earlier this year) - that features the three guys as one of the automotive competitors respectively:

An ad which grinds my gears is the ads for Amopé (the feet skin care product), first, it looks like a fetish commercial, second, in one of the ads, they say "for your hands and feet's tiptoes". Why not simply "your tiptoes"? Another ad which simply wanted me to punch through my TV was a Neutrogena ad back this fall. I watch TV in French, so, when I heard the girl in that ad have this heavy English accent, I couldn't tolerate it! They could at least dub it over in French instead of letting that girl speak in Franglais! (I'm not offensive to English-speaking people, I simply think that an out of context English accent like that shouldn't be tolerated in French TV, especially if that woman is in a multinational company's ad.) Another of the stupid ads include Call of Duty ads. Come on! They know 9-year-old immature children will buy the game, even though, according to the ad, it's rated 17+ (M)! And I don't think it's called a game! The only true game, besides Nintendo games, is Grand Theft Auto! I'd rather play Splatoon than play CoD. Those who still play CoD doesn't realize Splatoon is the shooter of the year, according to The Game Awards! Don't be a goon, buy Splatoon! (Sorry for the off-topic, I simply hate CoD.)

This one drives me nuts. I have no idea what Emmanuel Brush did to her, but you don't need to tell the world that you're never going back to him.

This one's just plain annoying... I think it's the bad dubbing, where it doesn't even look like the actors are talking, that I hate the most.

Any Swiffer commercial. I've sat around my house complaining how dirty it is and not once has anybody rang my doorbell and dropped off a big box of Swiffer stuff.

This Febreze commercial. I don't know why there's lingerie odors in the bathroom, but I know my wife's lingerie doesn't stink and leave odors in the bathroom. Maybe you need a doctor instead of febreze.

This one drives me nuts. I have no idea what Emmanuel Brush did to her, but you don't need to tell the world that you're never going back to him.

This one's just plain annoying... I think it's the bad dubbing, where it doesn't even look like the actors are talking, that I hate the most.

Any Swiffer commercial. I've sat around my house complaining how dirty it is and not once has anybody rang my doorbell and dropped off a big box of Swiffer stuff.

This Febreze commercial. I don't know why there's lingerie odors in the bathroom, but I know my wife's lingerie doesn't stink and leave odors in the bathroom. Maybe you need a doctor instead of febreze.

Carl needs to get a haircut

• 4 weeks later...

A few more commercials.

1. The Enercare commercial with the people singing is annoying. It makes you want to go to their competitor.

2. The Markham Infinity commercial with the dealership's owner{?} and their kid.

3. The commercial with the stop smoking aid (forget which at this moment) with a woman named Andrea (who's trying to quit smoking) freaking out when the employee at a coffee shop accidentally calls her Andre. It makes you wish Andrea would keep smoking!