Metro Transit

SMS

LEA came for their buses today. 3118 and 3135 were towed, while 3147 was driven off. 3117 was to be driven off, but it didn’t want to go faster than 35mph. They take them to Ohio where they are either sold (I don’t know who does the selling, as LEA apparently just buys and tows them), or parted out and scrapped. A couple buses they bought have already been scrapped at Omnisource in Toledo.

9D0CFD7D-6BF3-4768-8A5B-C5D65D6C325E.thumb.jpeg.33b6c50bfc4a410cec0d184e2196b45b.jpeg

D977CD7B-F530-4986-BA80-E68A0EEBBC31.jpeg

• Like 1

^End of the standard floor era. Thank you Phantoms and D60s, it's been a wonderful ride.

My very first photos for both types, taken in 2008. Wish I had gotten into photos a couple years earlier, but if you take pictures you still need to start sometime:

3663376915_e1d5176594_t.jpg 3663381067_c069c3d8d2_t.jpg

The mileage on the shop queens 7290/7291 is like 1/3 -1/2 of the mileage on a lot of the 2012 73xx Gillig HEVs :lol:

Also looking at mileage, the 71xx 2008 Gillig HEVs are getting up there!

Thanks for sharing :)

1 hour ago, Spirits Transport said:

Plymouth metrolink in Saint Paul?

B9C17371-1969-4AEF-8635-1CAA5DFFC3BA.jpeg

Those buses are operated by First Transit and are housed at the garage on Como. Might be on a training run. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spirits Transport said:

Plymouth metrolink in Saint Paul?

I'm not sure if they're supposed to be using the Plymouth buses for non-Plymouth transit uses. However in past years I have seen them used occasionally on training runs in St. Paul, Mendota Heights, Roseville, and once saw one working the DELTA employee shuttle.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 1:44 PM, hp2ena said:

Fresh roster update from Metro Transit. All D60s retired as of October. Metro Transit is officially the last agency in the United States and Canada to operate high floor articulated buses. Bus List 11_19_21 DPA Request.pdf

I’m curious. Where would one find such PDF’s like this one?

11 hours ago, Spirits Transport said:

I’m curious. Where would one find such PDF’s like this one?

I did a data practices act request. Metro Transit is a public agency, and all public agencies, cities, counties, states, and public transit agencies in MN, as well as nonprofits and companies who receive public, state, and federal funding, are subject to what is the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, Chapter 13 of Minnesota Statute. The statute says most things the government agency creates are available to the public. This includes fleet rosters, maps, charts, salary information, pre-recorded voice announcements on transit vehicles, etc.

However, they are not readily available. You have to ask the person who is the responsible authority (generally, whoever leads the agency). Many agencies have responsible authorities who delegate the handling of public records requests to what is called a designee. All requests should go to this designee. 

Metro Transit's designees are their PR people: Howie Padilla and Laura Baenen. To make a request, fill out this form on page 11 of this PDF and send it to [firstname].[lastname][at]metrotransit.org. 

Public Records Requests for the Met Council can be found at this link: https://metrocouncil.org/About-Us/Publications-And-Resources/Data-Access-Procedures.aspx

Although they can charge fees (25¢/page or for the time the person has to spend to retrieve the data for you, depending on agency), I have never been charged. Yet. 

Public Records Requests for Greater MN transit agencies, as well as Jefferson Lines and Land to Air Express, can be done through MnDOT through this form: https://www.dot.state.mn.us/information/datapractices/index.html

For all agencies, you do not need to provide your name or contact information to make a request. But keep in mind you'll need a place (not necessarily a place associated with you) to let them know where you would like to receive the data. I mostly do my requests through e-mail.

• Like 1