Metro Transit

• 1411 on the Red Line, 1251 on the A line this morning.
  • 3425-3428, 4 of the 6 81xx units, but only 8700 and 8704 of the 7 XE60 units on the C Line. I wonder if they're still having issues charging with the XE60, they seem to only run 2-3 at a time from what I've seen.
  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I did say I have something on Metro Transit's bus fleet. Here is 994 on January 1995. This bus was purchased used, it was original to AC Transit. Several AC Transit MAN articulated buses that were

One of the new SWLRT cars sitting on the Sabo siding 

I'm not sure if anyone knows about this, but here is a long gallery of bus shots posted by Esbdave during the MTC era in 1987 and a few shots taken in 1991. Most of the vintage shots (like 99% of them

Posted Images

I should probably check in on that. Somewhat related, staff reported at the Transportation Committee meeting Monday that they won't be buying electrics for the B and D Lines because of their operating and scheduling profiles (routes are also too long). They also won't be buying them for the Orange Line because the FFGA stipulates diesel only (but then again, I can't find the actual FFGA). 

Three more 2006 D60s listed today. All seem to be in horrible shape

• Like 1

End of an era for the D60 model. I wonder if there are any left operating in the US; nothing immediately comes to mind. 

Duluth has some electrics now, I wonder how those are working out. Chicago has two electrics and we are lucky if one of them makes it out on a given day. One route here (#66 Chicago Ave) will be electrified soon. It will be interesting to see if they do any winter/summer operational evaluation. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tcmetro said:

End of an era for the D60 model. I wonder if there are any left operating in the US; nothing immediately comes to mind. 

Duluth has some electrics now, I wonder how those are working out. Chicago has two electrics and we are lucky if one of them makes it out on a given day. One route here (#66 Chicago Ave) will be electrified soon. It will be interesting to see if they do any winter/summer operational evaluation. 

The D60s are still hanging on. I think there's 3 out today actually. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

I've been checking in on DTA via Webwatch on occasion and they've been running their electric Protatoes regularly from what I've seen. 3 of the 7 are out on route as I type actually.

2 hours ago, hp2ena said:

I should probably check in on that. Somewhat related, staff reported at the Transportation Committee meeting Monday that they won't be buying electrics for the B and D Lines because of their operating and scheduling profiles (routes are also too long). They also won't be buying them for the Orange Line because the FFGA stipulates diesel only (but then again, I can't find the actual FFGA). 

Three more 2006 D60s listed today. All seem to be in horrible shape

Alright checking again now there are 4 XE60 on the C line, 8703-8706, so perhaps it's also to do with cleaning rotation or something.

It would be good to see the electric battery and charging reliability proved a bit more before going all in on electric for the Orange anyways. That line is obviously a LOT of high speed travel along I-35W, so maybe not the best conditions to be learning if the XE60 can consistently go the distance...

I wish they would consider adding some electric units to the regular route fleet. Shorter routes like the 10C, 17, 18A/C/D/G would be good candidates for 40' electric units.

I'd also be interested to know if University of MN is looking at electrifying the campus shuttle fleet in the future. Since First owns most of it though that is unlikely to happen under their current contract.

3 hours ago, MVTArider said:

I wish they would consider adding some electric units to the regular route fleet. Shorter routes like the 10C, 17, 18A/C/D/G would be good candidates for 40' electric units.

Brian Funk, who presented the item on the 60', says this is the direction they want to go in. FTA recently opened applications for the Low-No grant, so they'll be applying for it.