Metro Transit

SMS

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 11:40 PM, GojiMet86 said:

Found these photos in a Guatemalan FB group. I can only make out 3##8. Very interesting to see a D60HF in a Transurbano livery. Also note the turnstile they installed.

May be an image of 1 person

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

3108 and 3118 were scrapped by LEA. 3128 and 3148 were sold to Jones Auto. 3138 to LEA. 

How long do they suppose it's been in service? 3128 and 3138 were offloaded in the past year, 3148 in 2018. 

Edit: Do you have a link to the FB post? 

^ Was tentatively planning on checking out the Roadeo but was too tired from working the night before. It's nice to see them making it more of an event though!

---

Not Metro Transit related, but still part of the Twin Cities bus scene; the Delta Airlines employee shuttle service at MSP has been reinstated. They are still operated by First. From what I've observed the last few days Delta has transferred in at least 3 Vicinity 35' buses from elsewhere. (588, 590, 592) At least one had a temp tag from Louisiana. Legals on them are for some aviation services contractor. Additionally they have gotten a few secondhand jumbo cutaways. An orange and white Freightliner/Champion Defender ex?? 3822, 2 Starcraft units, 1 marked as 122 with some labelscars from an unknown operator. Those all appeared to be plated for MN and carrying First legals. I also saw one of the ex-NWA/Delta Gilligs out, but not sure if all are still around or if they just have 1-2 as spares. Those things basically ran 24/7/365 from 2008-2020 with poor maintenance, so I imagine they all needed to be replaced. I'm hoping the Vicinity units will be staying a while as those are fairly unique in the Midwest.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

More 1100s listed for auction:

Also, according to a post by a driver on FB, 1152, 1157-59, 1162, 1163, 1169, and 1171 are also retired. 

• Like 1

Met Council is looking for an auctioneer to auction off 200 vehicles the first year and 300 vehicles the following four years. This contract would include Metro Transit, MTS, and Environmental Services vehicles. MTS currently uses Fahey Sales, which hasn't seemed to have a government auction as of late. Metro Transit, of course, uses Minnbid. 8264045.pdf

• Like 1

2022 State Fair service presentation:

https://metrocouncil.org/Council-Meetings/Committees/Transportation-Accessibility-Advisory-Committee/2022/TAAC-Meeting-8-03-22/StateFair2022Preso.aspx

There's an interesting slide noting the transit center layout. MVTA will be moving over to the other far corner this year. Also apparently the SF express routes are 961, 962, and 967. The 960 Ltd Stop will again not be operating. Unfortunately the 8/20 service changes will also mean A Line will only be operating on 15 minute frequency. Would be nice if they could toss a few artics on it at least if they know of some potential busier service blocks based on ridership last year.

More 1100s listed for auction

More 1100s listed for auction

• 2 weeks later...

Has there been any sign or recent sightings of the 2022 shorty Gilligs for the MTS Regional Routes pool entering service yet? I see the 2008 60xx units and the ex-MT 40 footers are still running regularly. Considering some were built in February and others spotted in delivery in April I imagine they must be stored somewhere waiting for parts or something.

I noticed at least one motorcoach parked with the retired 11xx units at South last week. I wonder if a couple of the 2009 ones will be sent to auction soon.

9 hours ago, MVTArider said:

Has there been any sign or recent sightings of the 2022 shorty Gilligs for the MTS Regional Routes pool entering service yet? I see the 2008 60xx units and the ex-MT 40 footers are still running regularly. Considering some were built in February and others spotted in delivery in April I imagine they must be stored somewhere waiting for parts or something.

I noticed at least one motorcoach parked with the retired 11xx units at South last week. I wonder if a couple of the 2009 ones will be sent to auction soon.

I think three of them are parked at the Spring Street lot. I haven't seen a single unit in service. 

More 1100s listed for auction; this leaves about 15 remaining