Metro Transit

SMS

Also another thing: I've been told by a number of South-based operators that ongoing supply chain issues has been sidelining their fleet. I haven't been able to obtain specifics.

It also appears 8022 has been making some appearance on the A Line in the past several days. No word on when they will appear on the Red Line, I'm not even sure when they plan on installing readers at the stations. Be on the lookout for a story about the Red Line on Racket (racketmn.com) sometime this week...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, hp2ena said:

Also another thing: I've been told by a number of South-based operators that ongoing supply chain issues has been sidelining their fleet. I haven't been able to obtain specifics.

It also appears 8022 has been making some appearance on the A Line in the past several days. No word on when they will appear on the Red Line, I'm not even sure when they plan on installing readers at the stations. Be on the lookout for a story about the Red Line on Racket (racketmn.com) sometime this week...

What are the Red Line readers? Are they for GoTo cards?

4 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

What are the Red Line readers? Are they for GoTo cards?

Yes, GoTo cards. I heard they were going to do off-board fare payment, but I haven't heard anything more beyond that. The 8020s don't have card readers last I checked (haven't been on 8022 this past week).

I thought AVTS and Cedar Grove already had TVMs, so if it's just the validators it's surprising it's taking so long. Heck, they can set up those temporary ones at Midway for the Fair each year.

I've noticed an 80xx or two seem to pop up on the Orange occasionally. I wonder if this might mean in the future they can also drop some 81xx on the A Line occasionally for special events?

Ah, that makes sense. I'm glad that the new buses will be able to use the platforms and that the off board payment will be restored. Even if the Red Line isn't the strongest of routes, it would be a waste to not leverage the investments already made in infrastructure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All remaining D60s except apparently for 3200 have been listed for auction on 3/21. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spirits Transport said:

not metro transit related (don't know where to put General Minnesota stuff) but, seen a very small Orion VII first gen parked on como and minnehaha. That was pretty cool since there barely are any Orion's in Minnesota.

Ex-Moorhead. I think there might be a thread for MATBUS on this forum. It's organized by transit agency. https://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Moorhead_Area_Transit_380-382

If you ever wanted to figure out who the bus belonged to, and you only have a license plate, input it on this website. It will return the VIN, which you can search for in the wiki. https://www.vehiclehistory.com/

• Like 1