RTL Classic Watch (with 8-9XX archives)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many friends came to witness the retirement runs of 9-405 (driven by J-F Roy), 9-412 (driven by tristan), and 9-413 (driven by myself) on the afternoon of Tuesday 30 December 2014. I drove the second last Classic out of Garage St-Hubert, the last Classic to cross the Victoria Bridge, and I had the honour of running in the final Classic into the Garage. We took advantage of several photo and filming opportunities that will not likely be repeated again. Thanks to those who visited us, especially Allen who came all the way from Toronto for this!

9-405 on route the 684 and 9-413 on route the 674 !! Very surpris for me !! [emoji10]

So at least two of the last three made it into 2015 eh. There days are numbered though and I'm shocked actually to see them still running. We must be short on buses at gash right now I guess.

So at least two of the last three made it into 2015 eh. There days are numbered though and I'm shocked actually to see them still running. We must be short on buses at gash right now I guess.

This means my ride on 9-412 was REALLY worth it! ;):P

We got confirmation from the RTL that 4 classics are still active until the end of February / early March. Two are confirmed 9-405 and 9-413. Since 9-412 was one of the last ones, maybe that one is still alive too but we haven't seen it yet nor a forth one. We'll see as the days go by which ones are still active. I was told by a supervisor that they go out only on driver request at GASH or if no other buses are available.

We got confirmation from the RTL that 4 classics are still active until the end of February / early March. Two are confirmed 9-405 and 9-413. Since 9-412 was one of the last ones, maybe that one is still alive too but we haven't seen it yet nor a forth one. We'll see as the days go by which ones are still active. I was told by a supervisor that they go out only on driver request at GASH or if no other buses are available.

Did they mentioned if the 4 Classics will be reserved for school runs or will they run on regular bus routes (Route 55 for example)

Did they mentioned if the 4 Classics will be reserved for school runs or will they run on regular bus routes (Route 55 for example)

As I already mentioned they can go out on any runs whether school or regular routes and route 55 was transferred to Longueuil garage were there are no classics at that garage.

9-412 on 135 this AM rush... I drove 21229 on the 55... and I had to take Champlain on my last trip (35 seats + at least 5 standees). Thanks RTL dispatch machine for giving me the LFS with the least seats possible. :angry:

Yesterday in AM rush: 9-405 on 135 (looks like a good bet to get a Classic on this line) and 9-413 on 90/690 interline.

• 3 weeks later...

Word has gotten out that the absolute last Classics active at GASH (9-405, 9-412, & 9-413) have finally been retired after one month of unplanned and unforeseen service in 2015. The arrival of hybrids at GASH precipitated this change for sure. Thus ends a long and fruitful career of STRSM Classics! I got used to seeing them on routes like 21, 37, 49, 135, and briefly on the 90 at the beginning of the booking. I take consolation that I've organized many successful fan trips with these vehicles (sometimes more than once), and that I was able to make a living driving buses that I love. I can only assume that the 2015 order of hybrids arriving theoretically at GASH should bump off the higher numbered 2014 order of hybrids to GALO. At this point, the first gens have their days numbered!

Word has gotten out that the absolute last Classics active at GASH (9-405, 9-412, & 9-413) have finally been retired after one month of unplanned and unforeseen service in 2015. The arrival of hybrids at GASH precipitated this change for sure. Thus ends a long and fruitful career of STRSM Classics! I got used to seeing them on routes like 21, 37, 49, 135, and briefly on the 90 at the beginning of the booking. I take consolation that I've organized many successful fan trips with these vehicles (sometimes more than once), and that I was able to make a living driving buses that I love. I can only assume that the 2015 order of hybrids arriving theoretically at GASH should bump off the higher numbered 2014 order of hybrids to GALO. At this point, the first gens have their days numbered!

We knew this day was coming but it's nice to have known them and ride them extensively, many chances given by you and your wonderful charters which we can thank you for. I am still surprised that 9-001 and 9-031 lasted 25 years in service!!

Sad week for sure to see the last classics get retired. Glad I got a few years to drive them.

They are back. 9-405 and 9-412 were seen in service this morning. I talked to the driver of 9-405 who showed me that the farebox and the Opus reader had been removed.

I give up on writing obituaries for these vehicles. The RTL changes its mind like a woman changes shoes.

Today

9-412 on 21 in AM rush

9-405 and 9-412 active in PM rush, one of these were on the 547/37 interline.

You should ride it to work instead of wasting time on Van Hools!

I also have it on good authority that the remaining Classics are running without fareboxes or opus readers... thank you hybrids!