Wow! That's almost as long as the Vancouver transit strike in 1984.

It is interesting that the Metrobus strike ended with service resuming on January 31st. The strike lasted 12 weeks.

February 16, 2012

Industry News

Nova receives LFS bus order

Newfoundland, Canada-based St. John's Transportation Commission will take delivery of nine Nova LFS Smart Buses this month.

The order also includes options on up to 21 additional buses over the 2013-2017 period.

The LFS Smart Bus includes the Nova eCooling system and a stainless steel structure, which is a must in the corrosive operating conditions prevalent in Newfoundland.

Copyright ©

Metro Magazine. All Rights Reserved.

Source: http://www.metro-magazine.com/News/Story/2012/02/Nova-receives-LFS-bus-order.aspx?ref=Express-Thursday-20120216&utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Enewsletter

I was checking the Wiki for the 2012 Nova unit numbers and see no numbers listed. Spotted so far are 1207, 08 and 09

Cause we lost the one person on this board who lived there, so now we have no updates.

I was checking the Wiki for the 2012 Nova unit numbers and see no numbers listed. Spotted so far are 1207, 08 and 09

The numbers are 1201-1209.

Hello all! In St. John's this week, checking out the sights... Here's a pic of A Nova bus 0962, some old MCIs running around today. Beautiful City!!

uploadfromtaptalk1379341730653.jpg

any Orion V or Classics still left in the fleet?

I have seen Classics in all series from '90 - '92; I have not seen any Orion's on the road.

Nice shots!

Interesting how the fleet no decals on 1417's windshield are noticably larger than the others. And 1415 seems to be missing the decals on the front entirely. Things like that bug me :)

I noticed a number of units with no number on the front. 1205 didn't even have a number on the right side either, only on the back window (didn't see the left side).

Does anyone have the latest update fleet? Mentioning the Orion V are done, only the Classic and LFS are left!

Does anyone have the latest update fleet? Mentioning the Orion V are done, only the Classic and LFS are left!

One Orion V (9339) is still active. Classics 9131-33 and 9234-38 are still active. Six Nova LFS buses are on order for this year so I would guess that 1 or 2 Classics would survive beyond this year.