Metrobus Transit

D40LF

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to organize a Farewell Classic or Orion fan trip. :D I haven't been back to Newfoundland in 10 years.

I would go if there was enough notice. There is only one Orion V left and a few classics IIRC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lastest update:

With the 2015 LFS arrived and in service, the last Orion V has retired by a couple months ago, so therefore no more Orion!

The only high floor left is the 1992 Classic, about 4-5 left and the 2 91 Classic with the rollsign have retired! Get your pics now as they will be gone by early next year!

• 5 months later...

Paradise to partner with Metrobus for 2016 pilot project
CBC News Posted: Dec 16, 2015 9:50 AM NT Last Updated: Dec 16, 2015 1:56 PM NT

Highlighted in the budget is a $120,000 allocation for a commuter pilot project with Metrobus.
Details remain to be worked out, but the town said the pilot project is expected to start in June.

Paradise Metrobus pilot project aims to help traffic congestion
CBC News Posted: Dec 17, 2015 10:40 AM NT Last Updated: Dec 17, 2015 10:40 AM NT

The new pilot project will run start next June and run until June 2017
[...]
The route will start at the Double Ice Complex in the Octagon Pond area and go through what Bobbett said are "high-density areas," subdivisions like Elizabeth Park and Valley Ridge, and then down Kenmount Road to the Avalon Mall.

If they start across the street at what I presume is their town hall, there would be a natural looping point/layover. Otherwise, going down to the Double Ice complex and back would be hard without a loop being constructed, unless it's a one-way loop around the neighborhood.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2016-05-28 at 8:58 PM, TheMaritimeMan said:

Someone familiar with this system needs to update its Wiki page. It still lists several Classics as being in service, but a friend of mine spoke with the system's fleet manager a few weeks ago, and he said the last Classic was retired last year.

I don't think anyone on here lives there anymore, we used to have one member but he hasn't been on in years now.

On 2016-05-28 at 10:58 PM, TheMaritimeMan said:

Someone familiar with this system needs to update its Wiki page. It still lists several Classics as being in service, but a friend of mine spoke with the system's fleet manager a few weeks ago, and he said the last Classic was retired last year.

Do you know if St. John's got any 2016 buses, or what replaced the final Classics? I visited there last fall and both the 2015 Novas and the 1992 Classics were still in service, so I'd imagine they would need new buses delivered to have retired the Classics.

I can make the Wiki edit but I'd like to add their replacements (if any) as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-05-30 at 6:21 PM, D40LF said:

I don't think anyone on here lives there anymore, we used to have one member but he hasn't been on in years now.

Having said that I found out today that I have to go to St.John's for a few hours in early September. It will be a Sunday and I don't know what level service they have but I am sure they will have something. However I can't promise I will get anything as I arrive in the morning and fly back in the early evening.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just Made this account today! but I'm from St.John's Newfoundland! Jordan no longer makes Metrobus videos. And works in radio.He stopped making videos back in 2012/13 I do believe.  I post metrobus videos on YouTube too. I Can give you an update about the fleet too. The 92' classics were Retired as of January 2016. So now the fleet Just consists of Nova LFS'S They added 2016 Novas This Year 1626-1630 Those Replaced The 1992 Mci Classics.And Also Metrobus is buying 3 new buses I believe in 2017 that are going to have cameras on board for driver safety that may end up Retiring the 1998 Nova LFS but I'm not sure .Ive been on youtube since May 2008. Below Is 9236 From Sunday November 30th 2015.

And Heres The Updated Metrobus Fleet Below:

1998 Nova LFS (9844-9846) 3 Buses
2001 Nova LFS (0147-0152) 6 Buses
2007 Nova LFS (0753-0756) 4 Buses
2008 Nova LFS (0857-0861) 5 Buses
2009 Nova LFS (0962-0965) 4 Buses
2010 Nova LFS 1066 1 Bus
2012 Nova LFS (1201-1209) *Replaced 1987 Mci Classics 8714-8722
2013 Nova LFS (1310-1314) *Replaced 1989 Mci Classics 8923-8926
2014 Nova LFS (1415-1419) *Replaced 1990 Mci Classics 9027-9030
2015 Nova LFS (1520-1525) *Replaced 1991 Mci Classics 9131-9133
2016 Nova LFS (1626-1630) *Replaced 1992 Mci Classics 9234-9238

3.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎14 at 11:49 PM, D40LF said:

Having said that I found out today that I have to go to St.John's for a few hours in early September. It will be a Sunday and I don't know what level service they have but I am sure they will have something. However I can't promise I will get anything as I arrive in the morning and fly back in the early evening.

Depending on where you are in the city. Service on sunday is very slow. Theres One bus every hour until 8:30pm. And Routes 2,3&10 Have only 2 buses on each Route Running on sunday. Only thing you'll prob get are all the new Novas that's all I usually see on sunday.

4 hours ago, jesterwhl said:

Depending on where you are in the city. Service on sunday is very slow. Theres One bus every hour until 8:30pm. And Routes 2,3&10 Have only 2 buses on each Route Running on sunday. Only thing you'll prob get are all the new Novas that's all I usually see on sunday.

There was an error in dates, I will actually be there on Labor Day, September 5. I doubt anything will be running on that day.

9 hours ago, D40LF said:

There was an error in dates, I will actually be there on Labor Day, September 5. I doubt anything will be running on that day.

Ah okay, well they will still be Running. But on a Sunday schedule instead of a regular weekday schedule meaning the buses will be very slow that day. Once every hour for most routes. Here's the holiday schedule list on their service for all holidays.

Screenshot_2016-08-12-15-20-07~2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

UPDATE ON FLEET!!!!! 

So it's nearing on 2 years since I posted on here and there's been a few changes on the fleet as of April 2018. So metrobus retired their 1998 nova Lfs and replaced them with 3 different buses. They're smaller than the normal buses they got them from grand west transportation in aldergrove B.C here's pictures of the new buses. Also Metrobus celebrated their 60 year anniversary recently as well and wrapped 1832 in a 60 year anniversary colors. As well here's a ride along on board 9844 98 nova 5 months before it's retirement. I'll post the link to it. 

Screenshot_20180628-082907.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hey guys, 

I'm a transit fan from Toronto, but I was in St. John's about 3-4 years ago, and noticed most of the fleet was LFSs at the time. Although, one night, while eating at a Chinese restaurant, (I don't know which one), I saw a older transit bus. I thought it was a classic, but now i'm not so sure. Could have been anywhere from a V to classic to a New Look. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...