Metrobus Transit

D40LF

Drove out to St.John's in July and got some shots of every model but a New Look.

I also got some shots of Corner Brook Transit, which operates on the other side of the island, although they only operate Cutaways.

Edit:

Here are the links to the Metrobus and Corner Brook Transit photos on my fotopic site (couldn't post it earlier as I was at work and fotopic is blocked).

http://johnsbusphotos.fotopic.net/c1554967.html - Metrobus

http://johnsbusphotos.fotopic.net/c1554137.html - Corner Brook Transit

• 1 month later...
Do I see a "PRIORITE" sticker on the back of 0860? :P

Nope its Priorty!

St John's Transportation Commission Bus Roster

8201,8205,8207,8210,8211 1982 GMC T6H5307N

8714-8722 1987 MCI TC40102N

8923-8926 1989 MCI TC40102N

9027-9030 1990 MCI TC40102N

9131-9133 1991 MCI TC40102N

9234-9238 1992 MCI TC40102N

9339-9343 1994 ORION V

9844-9846 1998 NOVABUS LF40102N

0147-0152 2001 NOVABUS LF40102N

0753-0756 2006 NOVABUS LF40102N

0857-0861 2007 NOVABUS LF40102N

As of tomorrow:

0962-0966 2008 Nova Bus Lfs

*Not such about 2008 order above

If you want to see photos of metrobus or see 8201 or watch any videos Visit my website and youtube:

www.citytransitpics.piczo.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/jkeating12345

Can you post that shot of fishbowl 8201 you got in a special paint scheme?

Metrobus 50th Anniversary Special Bus

Its Metrobus's 50th annervirey and they did up a bus in the old colors from 1971. This is when St. John's Transportion Commission Changed It Main Name To Metrobusand with the new name they wanted a new look and now its back Enjoy, its 8201. It will be on the road From May 3, 2008- November 2008 at its retirerment. Enjoy These Pictures and hope you see it i person!!

(Below Copyed From Metrobus.com)

Metrobus Transit going a little more green

To mark its fiftieth anniversary, Metrobus Transit is going a little retro, and a little more green.

The transit agency has painted one of its older buses with the familiar lime-green striping from the mid seventies that is sure to turn a few heads in the weeks to come.

“We wanted to make an impression and get people thinking about the history of transit service within the city,” said General Manager, Judy Powell. “One look at this bus and you’re transported back thirty years.”

The bus was painted with environmentally-friendly DelFleet® Evolution paint donated by PPG Canada Inc. Delfleet® Evolution is PPG's premium paint system for meeting the demanding needs and exacting specifications of OEM commercial vehicle manufacturers and fleet maintenance operations. The product used on the retro Metrobus meets the federal government’s VOC (volatile organic compounds) requirements for refinish systems.

The commemorative bus started in service on May 3rd.

If you want to see photos of metrobus 8201:

http://citytransitpics.piczo.com/metrobus5...;linkvar=000044

If you want to see photos of metrobus or watch any videos Visit my website and youtube:

www.citytransitpics.piczo.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/jkeating12345

If you want to see photos of metrobus 8201:

http://citytransitpics.piczo.com/metrobus5...;linkvar=000044

:P OMG THAT"S SICK!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! It's just about making me want to paint up one of my Busch GM New Look models in that livery right now! Anywhere I can find large images of 8201 in that old livery? There are only 5 New Looks left in the Metrobus fleet! How long will they last?

:angry: OMG THAT"S SICK!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! It's just about making me want to paint up one of my Busch GM New Look models in that livery right now! Anywhere I can find large images of 8201 in that old livery? There are only 5 New Looks left in the Metrobus fleet! How long will they last?

Check out my website! www.citytransitpics.piczo.com if they are not big enough for you i can email one if you like!

Jordan

DSC04003.JPG

Would you be able to get the VIN and license plate info once those buses are in service, for those of us who collect such info?

Ill see what i can do John! Lol

8201: NL BAA 873

8205: NL BAA 877

8207: NL BAA 879

8210: NL BAA 882

8211: NL BAA 883

8201_555.jpg

If anyone wants to see those St. John's LFS, it's on Youtube.com where a bus enthusiast does video already of it.

Ya That Would Be Me! LOL

9343__2_.JPG

Any shots of their Orion V's?

Check out my website! www.citytransitpics.piczo.com if they are not big enough for you i can email one if you like!

Jordan

DSC04003.JPG

I did check out your website, but I really like this picture you just posted now! Its not on your website though. Can you send me a large version? I'll send you a private message with my email address. Thanks! BTW, I'll be painting a model of #8201 in this old livery soon!

Okay.. this is now my second favourite livery!

I've always been a fan of simple liveries, white or black with a couple of stripes, never liked to see the entire bus painted in colour. But, I am a sucker for green, and this is just too hot to ignore!

I did check out your website, but I really like this picture you just posted now! Its not on your website though. Can you send me a large version? I'll send you a private message with my email address. Thanks! BTW, I'll be painting a model of #8201 in this old livery soon!

Ya its a Resent Photo i just took! Sure. That would be nice send me pics!!!!!

Ya its a Resent Photo i just took! Sure. That would be nice send me pics!!!!!

When I'm finished painting it for sure I'll show pics. BTW, I just PM'd you with my email address.

Its too bad Saint John's is far! I'd love to get over there and get some pictures of the remaining bowls...

When I'm finished painting it for sure I'll show pics. BTW, I just PM'd you with my email address.

Its too bad Saint John's is far! I'd love to get over there and get some pictures of the remaining bowls...

they be gone in a month or so

Isn't it Saint John NB and Saint John's NL?

No its Saint John, NB And St. John's,NL

they be gone in a month or so

Another list to be scratch off from the New Looks remaining in the fleet.

I remember someone said that Metrobus didn't want anymore LFS after the 2004 order, keeping the New Looks for much longer. But it seems to be someone from management changed it's mind to order LFS from now on.

Another list to be scratch off from the New Looks remaining in the fleet.

I remember someone said that Metrobus didn't want anymore LFS after the 2004 order, keeping the New Looks for much longer. But it seems to be someone from management changed it's mind to order LFS from now on.

at the end of this month there will only be one in the fleet and that one might just be not in revenue service and be restored

STM_5307N recommended that I check out this thread... I think it's really cool that Metrobus painted a bus to commemorate their 50 years. I wonder if the TTC would want to whip out a maroon and cream livery bus for 2009!

STM_5307N recommended that I check out this thread... I think it's really cool that Metrobus painted a bus to commemorate their 50 years. I wonder if the TTC would want to whip out a maroon and cream livery bus for 2009!

Mario,

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one! LOL! But if they do another rehab on 52 new looks, maybe they would.

On to the topic, I have an up to date fleet roster (up to 0861) with the VINS and plates. What do you need?

Cheers!

Bob H.