TTC 9701

Sarnia Transit

I have a question. I was riding 052 an Orion V a while ago and i noticed a second fleet #, #ed 777 under the 052 on the inside. I also saw in many buses there are #s that have the # 7XX`s inside as well...What are those numbers for?

That's what I wanna know too. The answer will not be spoken until someone finds out!

hi everybody i got a email from a friend in sarnia they turn a old care-a-van into a maintenance bus fleet number is 202 and they are putting new bus stops up for the people to see i have not seen theses new bus stops yet

saw a bus with the old livery today. think it was on the special 2, didn't get a number for it though. and yes they have just finished replacing all the old blue bus stop signs with newer yellow signs.

wow i would love to see pics of the new bus stops in Sarnia can anybody get some

i can try to get a picture for ya. anyways their pretty much the old signs but yellow, i can somewhat compare them to londons except the signs dont have the routes that stop at that spot on the sign.

813 active today during pm peak on the 15 (brights grove) with the bike rack in use. first time ive seen 813 on the road since the schools let out. ALSO i see that sarnia transit is beginning to team up with google transit, and will become the smallest transit system in ontario to use the GPS tracking technology. the system will allow riders to determine when a bus will arrive at a stop in the future but will begin with by allowing users to figure out what bus(s) to get from point A to point B. the deal should be signed by the end of the month however the article did not specify the date that the system will be launched. the article also stated that sarnia transit has signed a deal with CBS outdoor canada for the purchase of the 40 currently leased shelters, for $1500 per shelter. here is the link to the article: http://www.theobserver.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2676217

Getting some practice running in for the upcoming charter on Saturday, August 21. :o

Hope to see you there.

That's what I wanna know too. The answer will not be spoken until someone finds out!

Even though it's a late answer. I can answer this question based on a recent fleet roster. While the Year based numbering scheme is to identify the vehicle within transit, the 7XX number is a "equipment number" and is likely used within the city departments.

along exmouth street, not the main road but where you turn right at the lights by canadian tire and the mall, there is a set of bus stop signs down the road. from looking at the maps no routes use this road, so why would these signs be here?

8 Orions. 813 is still active i believe. Its just being kept for school specials. the 3 Fort Worth units the 4 GET units and the 813. or is 813 now retired?

Not sure I understand completely. All but 813 are retired?

thanks for the info

havent seen 813 since a couple days after the charter.

i dont think it will be retired, but it sees limited action, until the new EZ's are active which im not sure when their arriving, im guessing sometime soon?

and the 4 GET units are out daily, as are one or two of the fort worth units. at least 7 of 8 I's are active.

can someone please add 084 to the wiki. its not listed.

ive seen it the past few weeks doing the care-a-van service.

EDIT: looks similar to 071