• Announcements

• A. Wong

Saddened by loss of Winnipeg Transit driver   02/15/2017

We are saddened by the loss of Winnipeg Transit driver Irvine (Jubal) Fraser who was attacked while on the job and unfortunately passed away.
      A GoFundMe page has been set up by Winnipeg Transit colleagues to help Fraser's widow and family. We wish to extend our condolences to family and friends affected by this tragic event. View CBC News Article: Man charged with murder in attack on Winnipeg Transit driver
    • A. Wong

Upcoming Server Move   02/18/2017

Hello everyone! Please be advised that CPTDB and CPTDB Wiki will be unavailable starting the evening of February 25, 2017. We will be moving to another server. Users will be unable to view or post content during this time. We expect it to be up sometime on Feburary 26, 2017. A new announcement will take the place of this one, so you will know when the site is online and you are accessing it from the new server. Thanks! -A. Wong
      on behalf of CPTDB Admin
TTC 9701

Sarnia Transit

509 posts in this topic

Thanks For the info when the new units come in are any buses going to be retired and what ones?

Hello group! I am an Sarnia Transit driver/supervisor. I have been reading the thread and would like to correct/verify any rumours.

First, 791 IS the LAST GM in the fleet. 771 was not put back into service however it was sold so maybe someone is using it for other purposes?

081 and 082 are indeed to be the new bus numbers...El Dorado EZ riders....not rec'd as of yet.

Our newest bus is 071. It is a Glaval/Overland coach (used for Care-a-van) with a GMC chassis.

Another other questions the group may have I can answer them!

I have been trying to get in the garage but they said NO. Some of the people said that I have to talk to the boss or it is short staff

I wanted to get some pics of 974 961 975 and 791

If it is all right can you get some pics of 011, 021, 071, 971, 972, 973 974, 975, 791 and the white New Look please?

I would like to see the white New Look, 071 961 and 974.

I also have a few questions. Why were 911, 912, 913, 921, 922 and 923 retired?

Is Sarnia Transit going to get more Orion 1`s and Orion 5`s?

Are you going to get some New Flyers or Nova bus LFS`s or more Classics?

I have been trying to get in the garage but they said NO. Some of the people said that I have to talk to the boss or it is short staff

I wanted to get some pics of 974 961 975 and 791

If it is all right can you get some pics of 011, 021, 071, 971, 972, 973 974, 975, 791 and the white New Look please?

Next time you are going to be in Sarnia...message me and if I am going to be the supervisor on shift that day I will gladly take you in so you can take all the pics you'd like!

Answers to your questions: RE: 911,912 etc...they retired these 40' buses early as a "public image" thing. STUPID!!! They kept old crates like 801 on the road which are piles of shit....and rusting out...because a 40' bus going down the road with 10 people on it looks empty, but on a 30' bus it looks full. Well thats management's theory anyway. I think they are mildy retarded...but anyhow....

No more orions in the future that we know of yet....just 3 Eldorado EZ riders. 1 coming very soon and 2 more in the fall.

Don't think you'll ever see new flyers or nova's...but you never know.

Next to retire is 971 (good ridance to the damn ELF bus, worst bus ever made).

Then hopefully they will retire 801,802 etc...

Well, I've only been in Sarnia for a few times back in 2003/2004 and such. IN my experiences of taking their transit, I felt that the 40 footers were suficient on those higher ridership routes. Packing a 30 footer would make it wear down more quickly, o rlike an Orion VI, whihc typically is like an oversized 30 footer. :)

The City Of Sarnia as far as I knew were more suited for 30 foot buses. I don't think they really needed 40's. But at the time when the V's nad Classics dent down, they could've sold them to other systems.

Plus, didn't they NOT want low floors? Or were they really excempt from the LF 2012 bylaw?

Any route changes in the future?

Hi There when i lived in sarnia yes i was kid but i had friends who where drivers this is back in the late 80's early 90's and there was talk back then that sarnia transit was going to buy orions only but i guess thats did not happen about the 40 ft mci and Orions V's yes i seen them with not many people on them but they could keep them to run for events i think its time to retire 801 and 802 812 813 i remmber rideing those when i was a kid i like them back then and i still like them

Hi everyone i just found out these buses are due to retire this year its 971 812 801.

Hi everyone i just found out these buses are due to retire this year its 971 812 801.

801 and 812!? Now that is sad. Maybe they should make a historic fleet.

Hey there i was wondering if sarnia has got there new unit yet does anybody have any info.

Hey there i was wondering if sarnia has got there new unit yet does anybody have any info.

Yes, 081 arrived yesterday.

Yes, 081 arrived yesterday.

Got a close look at 081 this week, it is a very nice bus !! unfortionatly this means the end for bus # 791 , almost 30 years old !

What 791 was not post to be retired 971 801 812 was post to be this is from a driver in sarnia that told me something must happen

Thats right...791 isn't going anywhere yet. 971 is next to be axed (thank god)...whoever invented the "ELF" should be shot and pissed on!

081 should be on the road sometime about the middle of July (management has to have their "intimate" time with it first).

082 and 083 are set to arrive in September (so probably December). I'll keep you posted....

Oops ! yes they DID tell me 971 to be retired, I got it mixed up with 791 , Sorry guys ! Was very tired !

081 Was post to be on the road right about now i dont know for sure i have not talk to sarnia 041 on facebook i will send him a message and find out

081 Was on display at the zehrs today in sarnia so it should be on the road soon thats from a friend who just email me from sarnia

My Friend just emailed me saying he seen 081 in service this week

Anyone know if 801, 812 and 971 are retired yet? Are any other buses to retire besides 801, 812 and 971?

Hi Everyone i guess i have news first thing 082 083 are now in service today from a friend who seen them and he as not seen 801 and 812 so i guess they are retired now

Hi Everyone I Seen on wiki if 791 was retired it is not retired yet it was on a charter for the sting hockey game a few days ago was seen by my friend

Can anybody tell me for sure if 801 and 812 are retired and behind the Garage yet ?

Sarnia Has an ELF Double rear wheel set for a book mobile. Is it

Ex-Lethbridge Transit 136? Ive been meaning to get a pic of it but every time I try it`s not there.

Ex-Lethbridge Transit 136? Ive been meaning to get a pic of it but every time I try it`s not there.

Sarnia TRANSIT ??

There was a private owner else in Alberta possibly in Lethbridge that purchased the bus from LA Transit, but they could very well have gotten rid of it since then... But until someone get's a look at the serial number, we will never know for sure. Even an interior photo would help.