TTC 9701

Sarnia Transit

509 posts in this topic

Well there goes the first Orion 1. :D

It happens to buses all the time, and easily fixed.

News From Sarnia 801 oil line broke this morning

engine smoked?

i think 791 is still in service they might be useing it for school special or plant special but i am not sure.

News From Sarnia city councel last night gave the ok for 2 32 foot Low Floor Buses For The New Year

Do you know what model they are?

(If you don`t know that`s OK, I will find out since I`m going to Sarnia after Christmas to see all the buses.)

No Clue i do have friends who drive sarnia transit but its hard to get a hold of anybody these days if u find out what make let me know please thanks

32 foot buses sound like EZ-Riders.

Thats Was My Thinking

Just Reading The Sarnia Observer Online Sarnia Transit Buses Will Be Getting Bike Racks And Smart Cards

Breaking News A Sarnia Transit Bus Was In A Accient Last Night At Exmouth And Oxford Street Area Dont Know What Unit It Was More Info When I Find Out

News From Sarnia city councel last night gave the ok for 2 32 foot Low Floor Buses For The New Year

Maybe I`m thinking of 2 Glaval Easy On`s.

I`m in Sarnia now.

I saw at the yard was the Classics the Orion 5`s the ELF`s and 2 small cutaway vans.

they looked like they were made in 1996/1997.

I will give you the rest tomorrow.

I will have to let you know tomorrow because the train went to fast by the yard so I can only see some buses.

Good To See That All Of The Orion I's Are Still On The Road Was 813 On The Road Today

No but I saw it at the garage today.

Sarnia Transit now uses AESYS signs now. The green flip dots have all been removed.

Rollsigns are still on the older Orion 1`s.

Get this 961 and 975 are both different buses. I thought they were one bus.

I Did not Know About The Sign And About 975 And 961 So What Is In Behind The Garage ?

I Did not Know About The Sign And About 975 And 961 So What Is In Behind The Garage ?

The 3 Classics

the 3 Orion 5`s

3 Ford ELF`s

961 and 975.

The Fishbowl (771) is gone.

The 3 Classics

the 3 Orion 5`s

The Fishbowl (771) is gone.

I remember riding the Orion V's especially on the Exmouth route about 5 or so years ago.

I'm wondering whether transit agencies would be wanting to purchase any of those 6 buses? Have any sources up in Sarnia indicated if they're considering selling the Classics and V's?

I don't think I've ever seen that fishie around. If I did see a bowl up there, it may have been 791 but as usual, my sight wasn't at its greatest at spotting those fleet numbers at that time. :P

32 feet? There may have been a small typo somewhere. Could've been 30 foot but are going to be 2 on order. Are you sure they're 32 feet? Or 35 feet? I'd say the contenders would be:

Orion with their 30 foot Orion VII or even Orion II's if they're still being manufactured. Probably not as I think about it. The II's are only 26 feet in length.

Blue Bird: Their Ultra LF's would be perfect for Sarnia. Two doors....30 feet in length. BB also constructs 35 ft. models.

El Dorado National: I understand that a normal EZ Rider is 30 feet. I don't think there are such EZ's as 32 feet or even 35 feet.

All in all, we'll just wait and see.

El Dorado National: I understand that a normal EZ Rider is 30 feet. I don't think there are such EZ's as 32 feet or even 35 feet.

All in all, we'll just wait and see.

Eldorado does indeed build 32 ft. EZ Riders, Mississauga Transit's are an example.