Sarnia Transit

G.A

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

164 still continues to provide service for the time being. My local source has informed me that there are two LFS due for the fall of this year or early next year. This will possibly be replacements for some of the 2008 EZ Rider buses.

• 5 months later...
13 minutes ago, H4 5600 said:

164 got a blown compressor earlier this week according to the driver on the 16 today. The 16, which usually has 164, has been using el dorados for the last few days.

Now if only i knew that before i wasted my time coming here ?‍♂️.

Hopefully it gets fixed up. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well first I want to thank those who shared my Instagram posts about 164.

Second I want to spread the news that Sarnia is getting 3 new buses this year. 082 and 083 are being retired. Sarnia is also considered CNG buses in the future. It's about time they made use of that 28 million dollar grant they received for transit upgrades. 

5 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

164 is staying? I would have pegged that to have been the next bus to meet its maker

That bus is sticking around for a while. It is in much better shape than the entire EZ Rider fleet. Remember it was rebuilt and not really used while at DRT.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2020 at 9:23 PM, Chris W said:

They also need it for the College Express because the capacity is greater on a high floor bus, especially on a route going to Lambton College. 

But in true Sarnia Transit fashion, they used an Arboc on the College Express route today.

But yes 164 is staying around until 2022. Our EZ Riders need replacing first. They're all pretty much falling apart. 

164 on route 16 last Friday 

IMG_20200131_180530_345.jpg

• Like 6

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SarniaTransit said:

191 & 204 have been spotted at Macfarlane Chevy. Both are  Glaval Overland Custom. im not sure if that makes 203 a nova or a cutaway, more than likely a cutaway looking at the budget for last year. 

Next time you're in the area and they are still there can you grab a photo? It's quite interesting that they did not order from Arboc considering they acquired a stack of them in 2017. Hopefully this does not spell the end of the Orion V. I did hear that 121 was apparently retired.

18 hours ago, G.A said:

Next time you're in the area and they are still there can you grab a photo? It's quite interesting that they did not order from Arboc considering they acquired a stack of them in 2017. Hopefully this does not spell the end of the Orion V. I did hear that 121 was apparently retired.

I can try to yes! i think they'll probably keep 164 around like they did with 791 the fishbowl and use it for event shuttles and the college express. it'll probably come back to the roads when service goes back up to full service. As for 121, I haven't seen it in a while and there are 3 EZ’s sitting out back with parts starting to be stripped from them so safe to assume 121 is one of them. 

On 4/28/2021 at 11:25 AM, SarniaTransit said:

I can try to yes! i think they'll probably keep 164 around like they did with 791 the fishbowl and use it for event shuttles and the college express. it'll probably come back to the roads when service goes back up to full service. As for 121, I haven't seen it in a while and there are 3 EZ’s sitting out back with parts starting to be stripped from them so safe to assume 121 is one of them. 

082 has not shown on the tracker for almost a year now. And 121 hasn't been tracking since the pandemic restrictions started.

• 3 weeks later...

201 & 202 are in service today. 201 on the 14 and 202 on the 9. Both are sporting the new High Visibility Package with the 2/3 1/3 front doors and new driver window. Both are missing the grey under the blue stripes and both the stripe and the grey on the back, similar to 164. They also have an external camera above the front top corner of the driver windows, but no other that i could see. Was able to get a picture while driving beside 202 on Exmouth. 861748C8-A530-4564-93FB-D1AE1342E447.thumb.jpeg.68b0eaf74bee69625ec1358dde739cc6.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...