Sarnia Transit

G.A

2 minutes ago, SarniaTransit said:

Omg i know right! They retired them because the ridership was "too low" and then 10 years later they turn around and buy 5 40footers

I know, it is what a waste!  I remembered my first visit to Sarnia 13 years back, only #922 left in service together with the last 40ft Fishbowl #791, where 921 and 923 were already retired and sitting at the yard for parts already, what a waste when they were only 11 years old(maybe not even when they were actually off the road)............

Ironically, DRT is now wasting their 2003 Orion V and get rid of them at very low age and mileage, and selling them off while Sarnia is picking them up............

4 hours ago, SarniaTransit said:

PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES!!! :D

No pictures on my end, I was turning right and noticed 164 heading straight in front of me. It looks very similar to the livery on the 16 Nova's, that said I didn't get a great view of the sides so much as the back. 

• 3 weeks later...
On December 21, 2016 at 5:01 PM, DL1892 said:

No pictures on my end, I was turning right and noticed 164 heading straight in front of me. It looks very similar to the livery on the 16 Nova's, that said I didn't get a great view of the sides so much as the back. 

The livery is slightly different. The back is plain white. The lower skirt panels on the sides of the body are gray and the blue stripe does not extend to the bottom of the bus but rather the top of the side skirts. The destination sign did not appear to be working today. 

• Like 1

On 11/01/2017 at 11:00 AM, DL1892 said:

The livery is slightly different. The back is plain white. The lower skirt panels on the sides of the body are gray and the blue stripe does not extend to the bottom of the bus but rather the top of the side skirts. The destination sign did not appear to be working today. 

164 replaced 062.

• 2 months later...
On 2017-03-23 at 1:05 PM, TheAverageJoe said:

Yes they have, it would be really hard to take it off.

From the pictures Jared provided, the inside is relatively unchanged. Still has "8050" with the two 0's horizontal to make an 8, and all the DRT info signs.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 21/11/2017 at 3:03 PM, SarniaTransit said:

171 entered service today on the 9 and 172 entered service on the 14. I really hope that is where they are gonna put a bigger bus because that route needs it! 

Hopefully 164 will be active when i go there in a few weeks.

49 minutes ago, Kerr-Eastlake said:

they have no plans of retiring that any time soon. We were told its been a great bus for them. Considering it was rebuilt before DRT parked it i wouldn't be worried about it going anywhere anytime soon

Thank you. I look forward to seeing it.

• 2 weeks later...

031, 032, 041, 042, 051 and 063 are retired from service. 062 was never bought at auction so it is still on property. 043 is the only Orion 1 left in active service in Canada. 032 has a bike rack as well so it was used in regular service until retirement.

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, SarniaTransit said:

CB1F9B82-04CB-46FC-956E-7B75B67284DD.thumb.jpeg.a12bcc6acd3b1860530e4a2188112262.jpeg

161 has a full body wrap for Exit Realty

That'll be there for a bit. Last time there was any good wraps was on an Orion 1. This is probably the first time they ever got a full wrap done there unless they had the painted ads back in the day.

6 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

That'll be there for a bit. Last time there was any good wraps was on an Orion 1. This is probably the first time they ever got a full wrap done there unless they had the painted ads back in the day.

092 had a full body wrap for H&M when it was opening up in out mall. This was a few years back.