Sarnia Transit

G.A

Would anyone know how old these are?

My mother, who grew up in Sarnia, remembers those being used when she started using Sarnia Transit in 1975. She left Sarnia in 1980 and says those were still being used at that time. Sorry I couldn't be more specific but that should help you narrow down the date a bit.

hey everybody just got a messege from Sarnia there is a new bus in Sarnia fleet number 112.

Is it a cutaway or an EZ-Rider? If I were home I'd go spotting, but unfortunately I'm not. There was something about new busses for care-a-van from Metrolinx last year and Sarnia hopped on board.

Is there a 111 as well?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I also remember seeing their Transportation Master Plan calling for review of their transit services seeing as transit ridership usage has increaed across the entire system. Could these two new buses be 40 footers?

Doubt it. Space at the Murphy Terminal is cramped enough as is with 32 footers. But I suppose anythings possible.

A little extra concrete, problem solved... So to speak.

They'd find a way to make it work.

There's no room for expansion at Murphy, though I can see them relocating it. Presently, during "rush hour", there is one or two buses that cannot use the island meant for boarding, but yes, you're right, they'll find a way for it to work.

The Transportation review was also partly to review the overcrowding at Murphy. And for possible additional services to the north end and enhance services elsewhere.

I also remember seeing their Transportation Master Plan calling for review of their transit services seeing as transit ridership usage has increaed across the entire system. Could these two new buses be 40 footers?

Not for that price. $820 000 for two 40 footers is cheap. Probably 30ft EZ Riders.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

014 I think has been retired its sitting in the back next to 011 and has been siting there for a while now

No offense, but someone reported that 014 is retired one post before yours.. Anyways I haven't seen 014 in regular service since around June, and I very very rarely see 011 out on the road at all.

Also, the 2013 Sarnia Draft Budget has been released, and highlighted is a 25 cent fare increase, bringing the cash fare to $2.50.

http://blackburnnews.com/sarnia/sarnia-news/2012/10/26/sarnia-draft-budget-overview-2013/