The integrated design is an interesting idea, finally a departure from traditional cutaway ^_^

Not sure how exactly it'd compare size wise however, would need to see it sitting next to an average cutaway and a BE series ;)

It will do well in the states the seem to like the bigger chassis for smaller buses

One of those new style Blue Bird flat nose buses. I don't like that style much though.

It's a Blue Bird All-American RE. Ages beyond the one that you use to drive I bet!

Not sure if you Edmonton guys are all aware of this, but six Golden Arrow C2s were sold last summer to Thirdwave in Vancouver. I drove one of them today, ex Golden Arrow #480 (Thirdwave #211). I updated the wiki with this information and will add more as I can figure out the old fleet numbers of the other five.

George when did Thirdwave get the coaches from School District 83? I know they had a lot of problems with them up there, overheating issues I believe.

They got four of them last year. I have a feeling they may have purchased a couple of others the year prior, but I'm not positive. The main issue SD83 had with those buses (all rear-engine models from both Thomas and IC Bus) was premature corrosion due to road salt. According to an operations manager from SD83 the rear-engines were "not suitable" for their needs.

Interesting, it was more then one driver that mentioned the overheating. The pushers were definately not very popular at all.

Must have been a problem more with the Thomas Saf-T-Liners and not with the Blue Birds it seems...

east of calgar on country hills bvld i saw this farm with about 20+ busses. sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

P290511_19.55.jpg

P290511_19.56.jpg