School Buses

• 2 months later...
  • Board Admin

Stock Transportation started operations in Edmonton.

So I will stake claim to one of the first photos of Stock Transportation operating in Edmonton... assuming September 1 is their first day. (Some high schools have already started so maybe they were in operation earlier)

IMAG0376.jpg

They are new Chevrolet chassis Thomas Minotours. I saw 2 this morning within 5 minutes in the north end, and then none on the rest of the way to work.

Do keep us posted as they are one of the largest Canadian owned companies still around

Stock is one of the bigger players in the industry, but they're owned by National Express which is from the UK... There's not too many home grown, across country operators anymore

• 3 weeks later...
Stock is one of the bigger players in the industry, but they're owned by National Express which is from the UK... There's not too many home grown, across country operators anymore

Unfortunately, their company is at the bottom of the pits after blowing millions of dollars from spending the GPS for buses that never happened!

I'm guessing that Stock may have bought off from one of the small companies?!

• 1 month later...
Last weekend during the TTS Newlook charter I saw a First Student Canada Thomas Safeliner on a charter. Does anyone know when First Student Canada goes these, how many and where in Canada have they been seen?

I know that I saw about 6 or 7 brand new Thomas C2's waiting to be lettered back in October, at First Student in Brampton. I actually did get photos which I will post later on today.

I know that I saw about 6 or 7 brand new Thomas C2's waiting to be lettered back in October, at First Student in Brampton. I actually did get photos which I will post later on today.

First Student (Cardinal Coach Lines) in Calgary has two or 3 C2's in white and black colors being used for shuttle and charter runs. I spotted a few First Student white and black C2's in Winnipeg over the last couple of years ago as well.

That must be what I saw as it looked brand new

First Student (Cardinal Coach Lines) in Calgary has two or 3 C2's in white and black colors being used for shuttle and charter runs. I spotted a few First Student white and black C2's in Winnipeg over the last couple of years ago as well.

The only C2's in Toronto have been from Stock and the Magic bus company.

The only C2's in Toronto have been from Stock and the Magic bus company.

Some other small companies too, Attridge in west of GTA just got some C2 recently.

First Student got the C2 for the first time ever, probably not for a very long time or ever, bought non-IC buses. I believe it has to do with the lowest tender whatever they got, based on a multi-year contract. So now, they have to stock up Freightliner parts!

Is this C2 going to be operating for First Student or Southland? Also, where is this yard located?

The C2 is parked in First Students north yard just near their main yard in the Greenview Industrial area. The yard where the C2 is parked is the one you can see just west of Deerfoot Trail on the south side of McKnight Blvd in the N.E.

The C2 is parked in First Students north yard just near their main yard in the Greenview Industrial area. The yard where the C2 is parked is the one you can see just west of Deerfoot Trail on the south side of McKnight Blvd in the N.E.

Thanks. Also, any idea how many of these were bought and what numbering series will be assigned to them?

I forgot to mention that a couple of weeks ago, I saw First Student Calgary bus #2994 in the downtown core. The bus is really odd looking as it has small, Thomas like, tinted windows, yet it is a Bluebird.

I have been trying to catch a photo of that bus as well. It's got normal Blue Bird style windows that are the same as any other Blue Bird, but they are black framed with tinted glass as well as the pillars between each window that are also painted black. There are two like that IIRC. I believe 2993 is the same as 2994. But 2994 is the one I see around regularly.